2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Friendly Lobby (ala RDR)

flyboy7

GTA should definitely have a friendly lobby like in RDR. Sometimes people just wanna drive around, do some exploring and other exploits with griefing each other, and definitely without being harassed by the call of duty kids. I mean Passive mode doesn't exactly work very well, and what we need is a lobby where people know definitely what they will be experiencing - good, clean fun.

Retired Mafia

invite only sessions work pretty good. invite the players you wanna cruise with, rob stores with, etc. nobody else will get the chance of joining u.

• Like 1

TeammateHelper

invite only sessions work pretty good. invite the players you wanna cruise with, rob stores with, etc. nobody else will get the chance of joining u.

You don't think that's been said before, at all?

If I want that I'll go to invite only and either play solo to do my own thing or with crew or friends who are like minded.

I don't mind the public lobbies even if I want to potter about doing my own thing. Adds to the excitement in my opinion. Sometimes I get left alone. Sometimes not, but I'll deal with that. Sometimes people just tag along no problems.

It's fine the way it is. Besides even if there was friendly only lobbies, I'm sure people would still find a way to annoy you.

TeammateHelper

In RDR friendly lobbies, people shot the horses while someone is riding them, causing them fall damage as well as damage from the momentum.

No no no. Random people. Random people can join in, friend or not, crew or not. Except no player kills another.

#1. Nobody joins invite only sessions

#2. I want to play with new people. if I only wanted to play with people I already know, I wouldn't be playing an online game.

#3. Stop killing me.

FriendlyFireOFF

Yep. I really hope current gen versions give us many more filters.

For example I like to join random races but it would be nice to have those filtered to the type of races I want to join before hand.

GTA should definitely have a friendly lobby like in RDR.

No it shouldn't. It's GTA, not the Sims.

Learn how to read the map and you'll be able to crusie around avoiding other players.

Or go to an invite only session and invite other hippy, wimpy, people who don't know how to play GTA properly, peaceful friends.

They do if you invite them. The clue is in hte name.

• Like 3

Search function, ala top right corner. This has been recently discussed in multiple threads.

Learn how to read the map and you'll be able to crusie around avoiding other players.

Or go to an invite only session and invite other hippy, wimpy, people who don't know how to play GTA properly, peaceful friends.

Who said it was the Sims? Just curious how you made the tremendous leap in logic.

Edited by hotrats773

Who said it was the Sims? Just curious how you made the tremendous leap in logic.

Clearly the OP can't handle his pixelated character dying so should switch to a more peaceful game.

Clearly the OP can't handle his pixelated character dying so should switch to a more peaceful game.

Clearly the OP was asking for a Friendly mode which exists in another R* game. Seemed pretty simple to me. Of course it will be locked/moved.

Clearly the OP was asking for a Friendly mode which exists in another R* game. Seemed pretty simple to me. Of course it will be locked/moved.

Friendly sessions already exist. Start>Online>Invite Only and invite your friends.

• Like 1

Friendly sessions already exist. Start>Online>Invite Only and invite your friends.

Not in the same way that they existed in RDR (I'm assuming you played RDR? If not, my bad). Of course "Invite Only" works great for people you already know but a lobby similar to what he talks about, you have the added capability of playing with people you don't know without the hassle of getting griefed. I know in RDR you could still mess with people in Friendly Free-Roam but it got boring quickly. Seems like a reasonable albeit "Asked-To-Death" request to add that feature.

The_darkest_side

I can see the point of the question, but wouldn't a friendly-only session be as boring as sh*t?

It would be nice to actually access a freemode lobby where you can actually freeplay the way you want, without being forced into mindless PVP.

Maybe they could expand impromptu death matches in these friendly lobbies, so players who actually want to PVP can join and kill eachother to their hearts' content, without leaving the lobby.

• Like 2

I can see the point of the question, but wouldn't a friendly-only session be as boring as sh*t?

Good point. I don't think it could be implemented in GTA anyway. The only real cool part of FFR was forming impromptu posses and raiding hideouts which were basically triggers. The mission/deathmatch/LTS system in GTA is set up differently and not as fluid as it was in RDR, in my opinion. Without that element, yes; FFR would get boring as hell.

• Like 1

E•MO•TION

Good point. I don't think it could be implemented in GTA anyway.

I guess you guys didn't play GTA IV either.. Edited by 2281

L8m1zfV.png

E•MO•TION

I guess you guys didn't play GTA IV either..

I did. Why?

Did you forget about Friendly Fire: OFF lobbies?
  • Like 3

L8m1zfV.png

I guess you guys didn't play GTA IV either..

I did. Why?

Did you forget about Friendly Fire: OFF lobbies?

Oh yes. No I didn't forget. Sorry. I was restricting my feedback to GTA V. In all honesty I didn't play GTA IV online much at all so I can't vouch for how well it worked there.

Not in the same way that they existed in RDR (I'm assuming you played RDR? If not, my bad). Of course "Invite Only" works great for people you already know but a lobby similar to what he talks about, you have the added capability of playing with people you don't know without the hassle of getting griefed. I know in RDR you could still mess with people in Friendly Free-Roam but it got boring quickly. Seems like a reasonable albeit "Asked-To-Death" request to add that feature.

I've not played RDR but I am aware of the friendly fire sessions in the game. Meeting friendly randoms is a total and utter myth. Join a crew if you want to meet randoms.

• Like 1

GTA IV and RDR are both crime based sandbox games that had friendly lobbies. Just because we don't want to pvp all the time doesn't mean we want a different game.

To everyone saying we should play a different game if we don't want to be killed:

If you DO want to be killed why don't you go play CoD/Battlefield/Halo/Destiny/etc.

Oh yeah, because you like playing GTA, just like we do.