2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

GTA episodes from San Andreas

The Harwood Bitcher

The Harwood Bitcher

Do you think that gta v could have been better if instead of being a single game, it was 3 different games?

The original gta v could have been centered around Michael ,his history could have been longer and more expanded, showing the center character of gta more time on his own then Franklin gets the first DLC story, showing Los Santos gang life just like Johnny K did, using more screen time to develop a bland character and the third is centered around Trevor, crazier missions and guns , just like TBOGT.

It's something interesting to think get to see a more developed franklin and learning by himself , more time getting to know Michael's family and more Trevor....being Trevor,without nobody stopping him, seeing the gta trio each on his own could have been 3 great games.

What do you think about this?

Edited by The Harwood Bitcher

universetwisters

I wouldn't know how that would work since each protagonist seems to be real close to the other in V. As far as the GTA 4 trilogy went, the protagonists barely knew each other, hence a lot more leeway to make a plot that wasn't so connected to that of the other protagonist.

• Like 1

gta v could have been better if instead of being a single game, it was 3 different games?

The whole unique selling point of GTA V was the fact that there were 3 characters in the single main story:

The biggest, most dynamic and most diverse open world ever created, Grand Theft Auto V blends storytelling and gameplay in new ways as players repeatedly jump in and out of the lives of the game’s three lead characters, playing all sides of the game’s interwoven story.

http://www.rockstargames.com/games#/?gameDetail=241

i think it's ok the way it is. rockstar did it with gta iv and so they did something different with gta v.

i don't think we're gonna be getting dlc like EFLC again. whatever dlc we get will add to their story.

The Harwood Bitcher

I wouldn't know how that would work since each protagonist seems to be real close to the other in V. As far as the GTA 4 trilogy went, the protagonists barely knew each other, hence a lot more leeway to make a plot that wasn't so connected to that of the other protagonist.

I know that the history of the game is not open to this kind of gameplay, take for example "Minor turbulence" : what you goin to do in that mission playing as Michael, Wait till Trevor gets back home ?

Just imagine a slightly different story where all GTA V pivotal missions happen ,but you get to use more time those characters in some stances ,i always feeled that Michael time without his family or Franklin introduction missions where too short or few.

Don't know, this is something i thought when i ended the game in a middle of a "what, that's it?

I think it would have been roughly the same, but without the convenience of character switching. In order for the narrative to remain coherent, which IV's doesn't, if you play the episodes sequentually, it can only work as three protags, all available concurrently. I liked the episodes of IV, but I was often frustrated by the lack of switching (when initially playing through the episodes when they were released, I frequently wanted to be able to instantly switch when I got bored playing as one or the other characters) - Having to exit the game completely to achieve this was labourious and painful.

This move towards multiple stories and single games is a good thing, and I think an overall improvement on the episodes approach.

What I think could be an issue for many, in terms of growing attached to the characters and story, is that you don't have as long to settle into each story, or as much time spent with a single character, to feel like you're a part of their world and story. Having months, years even, to play as Niko, Luis and that f*cking bald prick Johnny, made it so much easier to form an attachment (or develop a hatred, as is the case for me and Johnny). Having a few hours between the introduction of 3 distinct characters never allows that to happen.

If we ever get DLCs, I expect we'll either get:

3 small character developing story updates.

or

3 distinct before, during and after updates.

• Like 1
Signatures are dumb anyway.

Do you think that gta v could have been better if instead of being a single game, it was 3 different games?

You could say that about any game.

At the same time, it would suck to not have the ability to switch between the 3 at any time. It would no longer feel like they were all in the same world.

Edited by killahmatic

I feel we NEED a gang banger type character, whether that's a family member, balla, lost mc, AOD anything but the gangs must be improved on.

I dont want to work for the government anymore, I hate that stuff.

Give us drug deals, gang diplomacy, more expansion on our businesses (entering the interiors) etc the game is bland and boring when the story is complete. Where as on episodes of liberty city I felt I had alot of replay ability in free roam with the added features.

It would have been the ideal player experience if the story/missions were designed with no forced character switches and no times when a character was unavailable, so it would be possible to play through as a single character if one wished to experience that.

I would guess Rockstar thought a lot about it but it was probably too hard to do, or at least a lot more expensive considering how many more missions and cutscenes would be needed, knowing they might not even be played — it would be like doing the GTA IV Episodes but hiding them.

Edited by Nem Wan