2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Bad

The Lost and Damned appreciation thread

Payne Killer

Excellent, lively, believable characters with impeccable voice actors. Big focus on motorcycles, heavy metal, denim and leather, "hardcore" lifestyle. Coherent and creative story that was paced well and blended with GTA IV's. Emotionally gripping especially in those final scenes and phone calls. Copious amounts of neat motorcycles that looked, sounded, and handled awesomely.

Seemed to be the best crime simulator of all the GTAs. "You're part of a gang. You've gotta deal with a lot of sh*t. There isn't going to be a happy ending and you aren't gonna have millions of dollars lying around." Again, there was something pretty daring and profound about leaving the player on a piss-soaked mattress with $20,000 in the end.

Johnny is one of my favorite characters in gaming. He showcases that chivalry, fatalism, and smarmy sarcasm that a lot of heralded video game characters showcase (Max Payne, John Marston, etc.) yet didn't seem to have a lot of fan support at the end of the day.

To summarize, every character and near every mission served a purpose. Cool unique music, vehicles, and guns, and like GTA IV it didn't sacrifice story, plot, or characters for great gameplay.

11/10 would sell a copy of GTA V again to buy EFLC on Steam again.

RIP DrunkenCowboy, Peace and prosperity be damned.

Femme Fatale

Well, I prefer TBoGT...Hercules, Gay Tony, more songs for K109 The Studio, the Gay crowd...I adore it...

But, yeah I play it...It reminds me of how much Johnny's death pissed me off...So, it adds more ideas to my masterpiece of a plan...

Payne Killer

Well, I prefer TBoGT...Hercules, Gay Tony, more songs for K109 The Studio, the Gay crowd...I adore it...

But, yeah I play it...It reminds me of how much Johnny's death pissed me off...So, it adds more ideas to my masterpiece of a plan...

What?

Femme Fatale

What?

Nothing...I read it in the bible...So it's pretty much gibberish...

Yu Jian

I find it hard to look back on this game. The way I view Johnny's life after the events of V just seem so tragic to me. Billy's clearly angry about how life's gone for him and has this huge ego problem that seems like it came from him beating the system. You can tell he manipulated the glass half full therapist into letting him out. Meanwhile, Johnny's got the Lost making money without getting too much heat, on neutral terms with every other gang...and here comes Billy, starting a blood feud over a bike. Billy lying to get people to do things his way is a common theme, like ripping apart that AoD clubhouse on behalf of belated brother Jason, when in reality it was about securing heroin.

Then you've got the supporting cast, like Jim, who appeared to be well mannered and smart for a biker. Cared about his family, Jackie and the Kid, loved his brothers. Angus who keeps on contributing even though he can't ride anymore cause of the chair. Terry's loyal to a fault, as is Clay. Brian's weak mind got him wrapped up in Billy's bullsh*t which was portrayed brilliantly.

Stubbs was fascinating for a political characters...would do anything to get ahead, yet still a person who cares, evident in Get Lost.

I could go on. I just don't want to go on. It makes me sad thinking about it. All this thrown into the trash for a cheap "rub" for a cheap character.

Peachrocks

I find it hard to look back on this game. The way I view Johnny's life after the events of V just seem so tragic to me. Billy's clearly angry about how life's gone for him and has this huge ego problem that seems like it came from him beating the system. You can tell he manipulated the glass half full therapist into letting him out. Meanwhile, Johnny's got the Lost making money without getting too much heat, on neutral terms with every other gang...and here comes Billy, starting a blood feud over a bike. Billy lying to get people to do things his way is a common theme, like ripping apart that AoD clubhouse on behalf of belated brother Jason, when in reality it was about securing heroin.

Then you've got the supporting cast, like Jim, who appeared to be well mannered and smart for a biker. Cared about his family, Jackie and the Kid, loved his brothers. Angus who keeps on contributing even though he can't ride anymore cause of the chair. Terry's loyal to a fault, as is Clay. Brian's weak mind got him wrapped up in Billy's bullsh*t which was portrayed brilliantly.

Stubbs was fascinating for a political characters...would do anything to get ahead, yet still a person who cares, evident in Get Lost.

I could go on. I just don't want to go on. It makes me sad thinking about it. All this thrown into the trash for a cheap "rub" for a cheap character.

It's interesting how you mention Jim like this because this occurred to me immediately. I first thought he was the mole when Agent Jones contacted Johnny forgetting that Niko later 'killed' him fitting with the whole betrayal thing. However when you play it through again, it's evident how someone like Jim gets caught up in the Lost and why he and Johnny are so close. Both wanted to be in the military, Jim's small stint in the marines and of course Johnny's brother is in the army. The thing I find particularly odd is how Jim does not reply to Clay's accusation 'joke' that they let Jim go because he wasn't 'good enough' to be in the Marines. Make of that one what you will :).

Maybe it is time to make a new conspiracy thread in the ideas section.

Yu Jian

When it comes to rocks on this board, I prefer them to be peach rocks instead of green rocks. Haha.

Johnny's brother sounds like a badass with a bad temper, so I could see Johnny looking up to him a bit as a tough, hardened guy. Even though he snaps on Johnny through his e-mails, I sense a love, or "bond" is there, but both of them are macho pricks so it's hard to get past that.

I would love to see a thread on Johnny's brother getting revenge....

Edited by Yu Jian

Peachrocks

When it comes to rocks on this board, I prefer them to be peach rocks instead of green rocks. Haha.

Johnny's brother sounds like a badass with a bad temper, so I could see Johnny looking up to him a bit as a tough, hardened guy. Even though he snaps on Johnny through his e-mails, I sense a love, or "bond" is there, but both of them are macho pricks so it's hard to get past that.

I have my own theory on what happened to Johnny's brother which I think was in the Jim Fitz thread at least in part not sure how developed it was at the time I wrote it. Personally based on the email he sends Johnny, notably the second one I think he's high on something, losing his mind or sending some sort of code to Johnny. Especially if we are to believe how corrupt the military is.

Yu Jian

I have my own theory on what happened to Johnny's brother which I think was in the Jim Fitz thread at least in part not sure how developed it was at the time I wrote it. Personally based on the email he sends Johnny, notably the second one I think he's high on something, losing his mind or sending some sort of code to Johnny. Especially if we are to believe how corrupt the military is.

Run that by me if you can. It sounds interesting.

Peachrocks

Well there's not much to tell. Clearly its a bunch of nonsense, that much is clear. Yet based on Johnny's first reply (assuming its the positive one) the relationship between the two is fairly stable, they still care for each other and even believe in the same things but their method of going about it is different. Michael K believes in what would be considered the 'lawful' way to do things whereas Johnny has no patience for it with all the corruption that runs rampant.

So, unless Michael K is out of his mind to try numb the pain that he speaks about in the first email which is a real possibility, then the only other thing is it's some sort of code trying to tell Johnny K about something that he can't say in direct terms because everything he says/does is being monitored. Of course knowing GTA, the first is way more probable.

Edited by Peachrocks

Yu Jian

Was he stationed anywhere? Is it specified if he's in combat, or out of combat?

Peachrocks

I don't remember the email in exact words, but I believe it was Iraq or it wasn't mentioned. Johnny might mention it when hanging out with Jim, Terry and Clay. Michael mentions about doing something or seeing something particularly nasty, I can't remember whether it was a child being wounded/killed but it was evident Michael was less than happy which Johnny eludes to by saying neither choice that the two made ended up working out for them.

Edited by Peachrocks

Yu Jian

So he's an angry person with a bad past...honestly he's perfect protagonist material. I envision he has similar traits to his brother Johnny, but the drinking or drugs might give him kind of a Max Payne 3 feel.

Edited by Yu Jian

Peachrocks

So he's an angry person with a bad past...honestly he's perfect protagonist material. I envision he has similar traits to his brother Johnny, but the drinking or drugs might give him kind of a Max Payne 3 feel.

Indeed. There's only one problem. His name. This is why I created Elias in the Jim thread. A fellow officer of Michael K's.

Yu Jian

Indeed. There's only one problem. His name. This is why I created Elias in the Jim thread. A fellow officer of Michael K's.

Michael? They could get away with another Michael. They had Mike in GTA: Advanced, Michael in V. Could be kind of a running joke.

Peachrocks

Sort of yes. However the joke is kind of old now. They REALLY like the name Michael. I certainly wouldn't be against Michael K being a playable character but I thought his name would exclude him. In the idea though I wanted Michael in the story because of the similarities between him and Jim, and how both 'father' characters would learn from the other due to the different err parenting styles they had.

There's also Saint Michael who Packie even mentions with Michael De Santa present, Jason Michaels, Michael Graves, Michael Wayne, Mike Whitley...

Yeah...

Yu Jian

Mike Toreno...

Yeah. You can go on and on with the Mike stuff haha.

Wolf of Badenoch

Anybody still play TLAD? I'm playing it more than IV. Which is strange.

Been getting back into TLAD over the past couple days. Story-line wise, I'm at This sh*t's Cursed.

I've set myself a task: Kill all 50 seagulls in one uninterrupted run. Gonna start from Acter Industrial Park (Alderney) & finish in Hove Beach (Broker). I'll post back when I've finished....

Lethal Vaccine

Good luck. I hate Pigeons/Sea Gulls. It's by far a lot worse in IV doing 200. 50 isn't so bad. But the "fear" of always being busted or getting a wanted level while doing it and having to reload and re-do them all over again makes me want to save every 10-15. 20 MAX. I think, though when I did TLaD, TBoGT this past October/November 2014, I would do 25-30, then save.

I usually just use a Helitours Maverick and try and land on buildings to shoot them. So it would be easier to get into my Maverick, let the blades spin, and get airborne to fly to the next. Even if I have a wanted level while I am on top of a roof where cops can't get to makes it much safer...

Edited by Militia

Wolf of Badenoch

Well, it took me two hours, but it's done. All 50 gulls are gone. I ended up following the GTA Series Videos

. Started at Acter Industrial (Alderney) & finished up in Little Bay (Bohan).

Weapon of Choice: Combat Pistol

Vehicle of Choice: Blue Towtruck (Seems like a strange choice, but it's one of my favourite TLaD four-wheeled vehicles. Plus, that engine noise is just so brutal)

Also completed This sh*t's Cursed after killing all the gulls. I know it's been said a million times already, but Brian is such an annoying little ass-kisser. Bad Standing can't come soon enough....

Edited by Wolf of Badenoch

Lethal Vaccine

Yeah, when I did the IV Series, I usually looked at his Videos, too. 50 Sea Gulls in 2 hours isn't bad, though. That's basically how long it took me, too...

I prefer "Hidden Packages" to shooting 99 Red Balloons (VCS) and 200 Pigeons (IV) + TLaD/TBoGT 50 Sea Gulls each.

Peachrocks

Well, it took me two hours, but it's done. All 50 gulls are gone. I ended up following the GTA Series Videos

. Started at Acter Industrial (Alderney) & finished up in Little Bay (Bohan).

Weapon of Choice: Combat Pistol

Vehicle of Choice: Blue Towtruck (Seems like a strange choice, but it's one of my favourite TLaD four-wheeled vehicles. Plus, that engine noise is just so brutal)

Also completed This sh*t's Cursed after killing all the gulls. I know it's been said a million times already, but Brian is such an annoying little ass-kisser. Bad Standing can't come soon enough....

The thing and one flaw that always gets me in the TLAD plot is Brian.

Firstly, is he the mole Agent Jones refers to? Based on his conversation on a phone and the fact he admits the 'Feds have been putting pressure on him' I would say yes but it never actually says so or Johnny never puts two and two together.

Secondly, how did someone like him get so much influence? Say what you will about Johnny and Billy and one group preferring one leadership style over the other, but Brian is completely unsuitable to be a leader and NOBODY would follow him. Billy might have lost his mind but at least he has a strong presence. Brian has... err... umm... well... err... Loyalt.. err no... um...

Thirdly, why didn't Johnny grill Brian over 'what exactly happened' with him and Billy during 'This sh*t's Cursed', I mean obviously if we follow what we can to conclusion Brian betrayed Billy due to being told lies by Agent Jones about how Brian could be president and having Johnny take the fall, but how did he get a chance to do this? Sure Billy is playing his betrayal and set up of Johnny and Jim and Brian is making his own move, but did Billy really allow Brian to just 'walk away somewhere to do something' and then somehow the cops show up while the man he set up is getting shot at due to his OWN plot? Brian's little coup would have ended immediately under some 'interrogation'.

Wolf of Badenoch

I finished the TLaD story-line last night. Lord, I almost forgot about that last cut-scene. Chills up the spine don't even begin to describe it...

Speaking of music, the TLaD pause music is far & away the most somber piece of music in the entire series. Sums up Johnny's story perfectly:

PhillBellic

I finished the TLaD story-line last night. Lord, I almost forgot about that last cut-scene. Chills up the spine don't even begin to describe it...

Speaking of music, the TLaD pause music is far & away the most somber piece of music in the entire series. Sums up Johnny's story perfectly:

It indeed sounds very sombre, and bleak, to say the least.

TheOneLibertonian

It's kinda sad that TLAD is unappreciated by many people. It's an amazing game and it did fit the biker theme pretty well. I must admit that I'm not a fan of bikers nor hard rock music, but TLAD hooked me into that biker scene. SOA really helped as well in that regard.

Going back to TLAD, I love the brotherly connection between all members of The Lost, they were one big family that spent their entire lives riding across the dark and grimey alleyways of Acter, and it did surprise me as well. Despite all the fighting between the members, they still bond each other uniquely and treat each other equally, and this really made me love TLAD. The gameplay is a nice break from GTA IV's sombre and incognito theme. This game also made improvements to friends and activities as well .The bike races were fun. Hitting someone with a baseball bat while riding a motorcycle is pure gold. Gang wars are amazing and fun to play. TLAD's ending also made me feel bad for all the members that are left. Johnny, Terry, Clay, and Angus. It's really embarrassing and awful to see them die pointlessly in V. They should have given a couple of missions and I wish R* made Johnny's death a lot better and more believable than what they did. If R* really wanted to kill Johnny at least. I never wanted Johnny to die since I really felt so bad after the ending of TLAD and they just made him stupid in V. Rockstar just given us a big middle finger to all of TLAD fans, including me. I still think that TLAD is the 2nd best DLC ever, after TLOU's Left Behind. TLAD is not just about bikes, and gang wars, but also family, and friendship are really important in TLAD. It sucks that it didn't get the recgonition it deserved.

Gummy 

The Rockstar Editor for GTA V is out already, why isn't anyone making 'Johnny revenge on Trevor' videos?

Rupdeus

There is a 'Johnny smashes Trevor's head in' gif...

B Dawg

The Rockstar Editor for GTA V is out already, why isn't anyone making 'Johnny revenge on Trevor' videos?

Or 'Terry and Clay give Trevor a run for his mommy' videos, or maybe '10 hours of Clay spamming his Street Sweeper at Trevor' or 'Terry kills Trevor with a tinfoil hat!'

Edited by B Dawg

Miamivicecity

It's kinda sad that TLAD is unappreciated by many people. It's an amazing game and it did fit the biker theme pretty well. I must admit that I'm not a fan of bikers nor hard rock music, but TLAD hooked me into that biker scene. SOA really helped as well in that regard.

Going back to TLAD, I love the brotherly connection between all members of The Lost, they were one big family that spent their entire lives riding across the dark and grimey alleyways of Acter, and it did surprise me as well. Despite all the fighting between the members, they still bond each other uniquely and treat each other equally, and this really made me love TLAD. The gameplay is a nice break from GTA IV's sombre and incognito theme. This game also made improvements to friends and activities as well .The bike races were fun. Hitting someone with a baseball bat while riding a motorcycle is pure gold. Gang wars are amazing and fun to play. TLAD's ending also made me feel bad for all the members that are left. Johnny, Terry, Clay, and Angus. It's really embarrassing and awful to see them die pointlessly in V. They should have given a couple of missions and I wish R* made Johnny's death a lot better and more believable than what they did. If R* really wanted to kill Johnny at least. I never wanted Johnny to die since I really felt so bad after the ending of TLAD and they just made him stupid in V. Rockstar just given us a big middle finger to all of TLAD fans, including me. I still think that TLAD is the 2nd best DLC ever, after TLOU's Left Behind. TLAD is not just about bikes, and gang wars, but also family, and friendship are really important in TLAD. It sucks that it didn't get the recgonition it deserved.

I can just picture Drunken Cowboy raising his bottle of beer and smashing it on the ground reading this post.:)

TheOneLibertonian

I can just picture Drunken Cowboy raising his bottle of beer and smashing it on the ground reading this post. :)

He used to be Drunk, then he got Sober and got banned quickly. Poor guy, I always admired him since I have read his Identity Crisis thread. But it was probably his fault, and he knows that. Sadly he got the boot. For me, it felt like Johnny got the boot from Trevor in Mr. Philips.