2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Too many people living in the city?

Blackmole

Since release, the majority of activity that you see in a public freeroam lobby is in the city. Imo far more interesting things could happen north of LS county, but the opportunities for serendipitous encounters outside of the city seem tiny.

Why is it that so many people want to live in the city? Now that any property can store up to 10 cars, do you think we will eventually see more activity outside of the city? Somehow I doubt it, this weird mentality that the price of a commodity reflects it's total value has taken a hold of so many people, it's blinding everyone from going to where the action could be better.

I think the encounters and gun fights, the core gameplay, that the countryside and desert holds should be so much more stimulating than the same old LSC gunfights you see downtown. Anyone else a little disappointed that there is less activity outside of LS, or is it just me that doesn't see it?

• Like 1

Meh I prefer city warfare to desert/'forest'. At least in this game. That being said, I have a house in Paleto and prefer the balance of players we have now. Occasionally I'll see someone up there, not all the time though.

Edited by Keegeroo
  • Like 1

I'm a little disappointed that this wasn't another weird thread. Personally I hate combat in the desert since your character is restricted from crouching or going prone when there's no cover.

zdj9bqf.png

NV75rfv.png

whenever i land in a lobby and the players are up north, i switch.

i could get in my buzzard or some of my 20 unused planes and go to cause some mayhem but...

TONDq.gif

The moment they allowed a 6 car "house" out in Paleto Bay. I sold my 10 car garage and 4 cars within it to buy one out there. Still have my other 10 car apt on alta st plus a home out in Paleto Bay. Idk why people gotta have 20 cars in this game. but I'm sure that's gonna bring out the flame squad.

• Like 2

Nothing attracts a crowd like a bunch of idiots

kWHZ5Fe.gif

Edited by MantisFang
  • Like 4

As much as I want a house in Blaine County, I just can't do it. I have a superficial wish to see all of the cars I own, and Paleto Bay just isn't appealing enough for me to make that sacrifice. Should a 10-car house be posted in Blaine County, I will readily trade in my Exceptionalist Way garage. Until then, the city is where I stay.

If the houses in the country weren't sh*t, more people would live there....maybe somethings coming down the line.

TheGoodSgtScooter

As the Mayor of Paleto Bay, I'm not only pushing for better housing for our residents, but better roads and job opportunities that do not lead to the vice and crime of the city of Los Santos.

• Like 2

Not much to do elsewhere.

Reminiscent of the airport in in GTA IV multiplayer.

• Like 2

It is very rare for me to encounter others out in Paleto Bay. If I do they are usually a crew of 2-3 guys having their own war amongst themselves.

Would be awesome to join a lobby with some offroaders/base jumpers on Chillad. Everyone just sits around in the city..

if they put more things in the country more ppl would live out there... i like the action

• Like 1

It's only going to get worse in freemode with the amount of players increased up to 30. Although, if we see animals online I could see more people going out to kill mountain lions in more rural parts of the map and people will venture out to sea to find sharks and killer whales. So, it might be a trade-off with more players but more activities to look forward to.

Edited by Einsteinbomb
  • Like 2

TheJasonGallant

There's not much to do right now outside the city... Actually, there's not that much to do inside either... We need more stuff...

• Like 1

As the Mayor of Paleto Bay, I'm not only pushing for better housing for our residents, but better roads and job opportunities that do not lead to the vice and crime of the city of Los Santos.

Mr Mayor...

Rebels MC Paleto Bay Chapter would like to advise that we would vote for you (if we voted that is...!).

The Mayor is always welcome at our Clubhouse...

(LOL - Like your sense of humour Scoot)

• Like 1

Since release, the majority of activity that you see in a public freeroam lobby is in the city. Imo far more interesting things could happen north of LS county, but the opportunities for serendipitous encounters outside of the city seem tiny.

Why is it that so many people want to live in the city? Now that any property can store up to 10 cars, do you think we will eventually see more activity outside of the city? Somehow I doubt it, this weird mentality that the price of a commodity reflects it's total value has taken a hold of so many people, it's blinding everyone from going to where the action could be better.

I think the encounters and gun fights, the core gameplay, that the countryside and desert holds should be so much more stimulating than the same old LSC gunfights you see downtown. Anyone else a little disappointed that there is less activity outside of LS, or is it just me that doesn't see it?

everytime i move out into the countryside, i keep gettimg jobs in the city, which usually gave me a long drive back to paleto bay afterwards, so i keep buying a new apartment in the city and hope i don't run into warzones.

TheGoodSgtScooter

Mr Mayor...

Rebels MC Paleto Bay Chapter would like to advise that we would vote for you (if we voted that is...!).

The Mayor is always welcome at our Clubhouse...

(LOL - Like your sense of humour Scoot)

Why thank you.

As long you and your friends don't cause a big ruckus and tear up the dudley do rights too much, you're always welcome in Paleto Bay.

Remember, free coffee and donuts in the mornings, and beer and soft drinks on the Mondays!

Edited by TheGoodSgtScooter

If we could somehow inhabit the spirit of one of these animals and possess their attributes in order to belittle and shame those that pollute and poison our natural habitat in defiance of our new found animal souls, then most likely i would probably hang out there more...for sure.

9078958.gif

It's only going to get worse in freemode with the amount of players increased up to 30. Although, if we see animals online I could see more people going out to kill mountain lions in more rural parts of the map and people will venture out to sea to find sharks and killer whales. So, it might be a trade-off with more players but more activities to look forward to.

Edited by MantisFang

Impostor! I'll have you know the Mayor of Paleto Bay is Roy Buckley.

TheGoodSgtScooter

Impostor! I'll have you know the Mayor of Paleto Bay is Roy Buckley.Buckly's........on a long break.

CrysisAverted

The land outside the city feels so empty without the wildlife

• Like 2

TheGoodSgtScooter

As Mayor of Paleto Bay, I've been talking to people off the SA island about restocking the wildlife, should pull the deal through on the 18th of November.
  • Like 2

so true.

Impostor! I'll have you know the Mayor of Paleto Bay is Roy Buckley.
Buckly's........on a long break.

Well Mr. "Mayor" I am a businessman from New Austin and would love to meet in order to talk about bringing a large opportunity to Paleto Bay.

Meh, I live in a moderately safe part of the city at least the 3 alt apt's. Now I know that's saying something but it's safe to me.

Is this The Guy?

Although desert warfare would seem like more fun because of the large open areas (to some people), without the buildings as cover you would just become cannon fodder for the jets. That is the harsh cold reality of my city.

Give me a 10 car garage house outside of the city and let me surf and I would probably never go back to the city (except during missions)

Until then, inner city warfare will have to do.

The_darkest_side

I would love a 10 car country house. I'd buy some wellies, a dog, do some fishing, grow some weed, paint the fence and all that crap.

But the gunfights in the city would always draw me back. It's the cover system. Firefights out in the sticks get boring too fast with a lack of cover and no terrain to stickie-trap noobs with.

TeammateHelper

You can have a 10-car garage in the country? How?