2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Screwed up batch of PS3 superslim version?

MrVance

I can`t believe what just happened to me.Since my last two PS3 died and i want to play V some more before i buy PS4/V i was thinkink about buying me some PS3 again.

And i bought PS3 superslim with 12GB only, for 160€ (since i intend to play V only i thought i`d be enough) and i already own 500GB HD.

So i wanted to install it and upgrade my PS3 from 12 to 500GB and after few hours of figuring out why the hell that plastic slip over HDD doesn`t want to open i realized that it is a manufacturing error.

A clerk at store where i purchased it confirmed me it may be error because i`m not the first one with this problem.

Now i`m waiting for tomorow morning when i`ll go to SONY PS repair service and i`m going to kick the sh*t out of them if they wont give me new, proper console right away.

I can`t believe that a corporation like Sony screw things like this.

Does any one of you had similar experience?

Not sure what this has to do with GTA mods, but it seems to fit best in the Gaming section, so I'll move it there.

If a mod thinks it should be moved to somewhere else then please move it. Thanks.

Edited by TJGM

The super slim model's been plagued with problems since it came out. You would've been better off with a used older gen PS3.

The super slim model's been plagued with problems since it came out. You would've been better off with a used older gen PS3.

But i don`t think older PS3 even read blueray discs?

Besides i just didn`t want to risk it with buying some used console with god knows only what kind of history.

Anyway that is the last thing i`d excpect from new Sony console. The slide over HDD is completely unremovable, sealed.

The reason i wrote this was i`d like too see how many people have already encountered such thing.

It`s f*cking propostrous. It`s like you`d buy a car and you couldn`t enter it because it`s doors would be sealed because of some manufacturing error. Lol

PS3 fat model read blueray? Wow i didn`t know that lol.

I could have bought one for 25€ but hell it probably has controller on bateries like my first xbox 360 had.

Besides it probably wouldn`t last even untill the last GTA V mission considering the thing is 7 years old..

N7Operative84

Does the PS3 super slim suck that bad? Is the 12GB version super slim so cheaply made it is a time bomb? I am thinking about getting a PS3, but still not sure about the 12 GB version. I have an external 100GB hard drive, so I won't be helpless.

Does the PS3 super slim suck that bad? Is the 12GB version super slim so cheaply made it is a time bomb? I am thinking about getting a PS3, but still not sure about the 12 GB version. I have an external 100GB hard drive, so I won't be helpless.

That doesn`t depend on wether the console is 500gb or just 12 i would say. And if you got HD already than i`d suggest you buy 12gb since you will spare alot of money. You can buy 3 games for that money.

Anyway i got new PS3 slim 12gb and this time with no errors.

I got guarantee service for 1 year and they said if i bring broken PS3 to repair after 1. february 2015 i`ll get new PS4 instead.

So i`ll just overheat it on purpose lol.

But i don`t think i will wait untill then because V comes out in november and i already ordered it.

• Like 1

In that case you'd best start stuffing it with towels and leaving it in the dustiest place you can find.