2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

tired of the plane icons

gpm45

I find it's getting annoying now that flying a plane without weapons is clearly marked on screen it makes it super easy for those with with weapons to find and shoot you down. Kinda makes it pointless to fly anything but a lazer

The only difference now is that you don't have to look at the map for 2 seconds to see who's flying. Unless someone is hovering in a helicopter then it's always pretty damn clear who was flying. I like it. It means I can be more aware of Lazers, without needing to check the map regularly. I think I've been killed by 1 Lazer since the jet icon was added.

It's no better or worse - it's just different, like most of the changes they make. Adapt or die, or stop playing.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

I agree, but apparently there were people who freaked out because they saw dots coming up on them but couldn't see the car anywhere. Lo and behold, it was a Titan flying 25,000 feet overhead, and they wet their panties for nothing.

Now, you'll know it's just a plane and all panties will remain dry.

I find it's getting annoying now that flying a plane without weapons is clearly marked on screen it makes it super easy for those with with weapons to find and shoot you down. Kinda makes it pointless to fly anything but a lazer

They could have just nerfed the Lazer. But instead they made all the innocent pilots into targets. Classic Rockstar GTA0 game design decisions, right in line with their original oblivious inclusion of overpowered and unbalanced game elements like the tank and Lazer. I wonder how those design decision meetings go? There must be one pointy haired boss that calls the shots.

Phb.png

Edited by saintsrow
  • Like 4

Yeah, these icons are a stupid addition. Now I see something in the sky and go after it just because it's there, not really paying attention to what exactly the icon is. Got to admit I do enjoy both shooting down easy targets and the surprise of running into lazers and buzzards.

TheKingChivas

It's no better or worse - it's just different, like most of the changes they make. Adapt or die, or stop playing.

The irony of those who like the icons telling others they need to adapt...awesome, I needed a good belly laugh this afternoon.

I'm personally cool with the plane icons on the map as much as I'm cool with the jet and helicopter icons. However, there's one problem here. Unlike jet icons, you can't tell whether a guy is flying a normal plane or a deadly Buzzard (just by looking at the icon on the map). Well, I better suck it up and keep on playing.

AceThaCreator

I know right, just a couple more icons to go and GTA is going to turn into a monopoly boardgame. You can thank the crybaby minors for that.

I do not like the icons at all. First they nerfed tanks and now this. It totally takes away from the excitement of being in free roam. Sure I have been spawn killed by tanks but sh*t you can not match the feeling of driving along with a couple of friends, coming around a corner and having a big ass tank sittin right in front of you and everyone goes..ohhh sh*ttt!!! lol The only people that probably like the icons were gettin killed by jets all the time. Its a shame this is supposed to be a game for adults to enjoy yet they dumb it down like this for the sake of the kiddies.

• Like 6

AceThaCreator

I don't understand why people are afraid of being killed.......

Its that fight or flight mentality. Not everyone's a killer first even though its one of the various things that makes this game what it is.

I just wish they would differentiate between friends and randoms, makes helicopter battles a bitch when you can't tell who's who.

• Like 3

It's going to be more fun if rumored stinger missiles are added to GTAV and it's easy to lock on and blow up flying things

I do not like the icons at all. First they nerfed tanks and now this. It totally takes away from the excitement of being in free roam. Sure I have been spawn killed by tanks but sh*t you can not match the feeling of driving along with a couple of friends, coming around a corner and having a big ass tank sittin right in front of you and everyone goes..ohhh sh*ttt!!! lol The only people that probably like the icons were gettin killed by jets all the time. Its a shame this is supposed to be a game for adults to enjoy yet they dumb it down like this for the sake of the kiddies.

Cause kids are around 85% of GTA's fan base now.

Only takes a quick look at youtube/this game to confirm this.

• Like 1

I don't understand why people are afraid of being killed.......

I'm not afraid of being killed, couldn't really care, you just spawn a block away no big deal but when your flying and somebody shoots you down you have to travel a ways to get another plane. I know GTA is a game where people attack each other but lately it seems as soon as I get in a plane I hear that stupid warning beeper going off

Edited by gpm45

Never considered how the change affected unarmed pilots before... It is nice to know that there's a Lazer active on the map, though.

Unarmed air vehicle icons are very useless. There is no benefit to them and they only make you an easy target for players flying armed aircraft. Only armed vehicles should have a special icon. Tank, buzzard, annihilator, and Lazer. What is the purpose of alerting other players you're in a mallard besides making you extremely vulnerable to player killers?

• Like 1

yea the plane/helicopter icons do suck....mainly for the fact that it doesnt tell you if the person flying, is a friend or crew member..had a heli come up to me one day and i dam near blew it up, thinkin they werent friendly...but it was just a crew member comin to pick me up

The irony of those who like the icons telling others they need to adapt...awesome, I needed a good belly laugh this afternoon.

Eh? I was merely saying that "it's actually happening" so you have to adapt to it.

And how does "It's no better or worse" equate to me liking the icons?

You've totally lost me with that post. Did you mean to quote me?

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 2

i dont have a any problem with the new icons...

one thing that wouls make it better is if we could turn off the mission icons from the map.

the other day there was some sort of error on the cloud and all the mission icons disappeared from map, leaving only player blips, that sh*t was beautiful!

• Like 3

The Weaponised vehicles should have icons with the non Weaponised should remain the same, however; if one flies high enough players on foot will not be able too hit them.

Only armed vehicles should have a special icon. Tank, buzzard, annihilator, and Lazer.

Annihilator, lol. You make a very good point, that's how they should've done it, but I don't think the Annihilator needs one.

• Like 1