2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

PS4/Xbox One pre-order strategy

Furry_Monkey

I recently took the plunge and got a PS4, and I LOVE it. It's so much better than I expected and I totally love the recording and screenshot capabilities. But I digress.

I'm sure most of you know that if you pre-order the upcoming version then you get $1,000,000 shared between offline and online. You can also get an extra $300,000 for your online character if you pre-order before a certain date (3rd November for PS4 - not sure about Xbox One).

So, considering I don't care about $500,000 for my 3 offline character and I'm only interested in how much I can get for my online characters, that means I can get $800,000 "free" online money for pre-ordering in the next couple of weeks.

However, if I pre-order from an online supplier (one that I've used before and trust, and actually delivered GTAIV 3 days early) then it's about £12 cheaper, which means I could then spend that money on a Shark card and get $1,250,000 online. That clearly sounds like a better deal to me.

I just wondered if anyone knew of any other offers out there that may be even more attractive. I'm personally only looking for anything that can be done in the UK, but obviously feel free to post any other similar info that will help people in other countries.

I was unaware of the extra 300,000 for early orders on PS4.. I just preordered for XB1 the other day from my local GameStop.

The extra money seems rather minuscule and inconsequential to me. Saving an extra few bucks and having it arrive early seems much more attractive than an extra 1million GTA$

I was unaware of the extra 300,000 for early orders on PS4.. I just preordered for XB1 the other day from my local GameStop.

The extra money seems rather minuscule and inconsequential to me. Saving an extra few bucks and having it arrive early seems much more attractive than an extra 1million GTA$

I am leaning towards that, but getting it early isn't a guarantee. At the moment, "character progression" including your money isn't a guarantee either. When asked flat out if money will transfer from last gen to new gen, Rockstar simply point people at the official announcement page that doesn't actually say. I've tried myself on Twitter. They responded quickly with the link, but have ignored multiple replies after that.

If I knew for a fact I was gonna carry my money over to the PS4 then it would obviously have a bearing on the decision.

Incidentally, the extra $300K was for ordering it on the Playstation network. So, if there is a similar offer for Xbox One users then I assume it would be for pre-orders on the Xbox games store, but it doesn't appear to be available for pre-order yet. It *may* be a PS exclusive offer, since Sony did hint that there would be something.

Such doller$. Very rich man. Buy 2 car garage. Wow!

Ahaha nice doge

I feel the same way about the character transfer, and as I've mentioned in other threads concerning that topic, I'm pretty confident "progression" includes legitimately acquired GTA$. It will be interesting to see what happens next month.

As for the pre-order deals, I did shop around for my preorder (also no mention of CE release or transfer) and decided to go with GameStop due only in part to my "power ups reward bullsh*t" and also the beautiful redhead with the tattoos behind the counter :)

Ahaha nice doge

I feel the same way about the character transfer, and as I've mentioned in other threads concerning that topic, I'm pretty confident "progression" includes legitimately acquired GTA$. It will be interesting to see what happens next month.

As for the pre-order deals, I did shop around for my preorder (also no mention of CE release or transfer) and decided to go with GameStop due only in part to my "power ups reward bullsh*t" and also the beautiful redhead with the tattoos behind the counter :)

Despite it being the last thing you posted, you had me at "beautiful redhead with tattoos behind the counter"!

Edited by Furry_Monkey

Incidentally, the extra $300K was for ordering it on the Playstation network. So, if there is a similar offer for Xbox One users then I assume it would be for pre-orders on the Xbox games store, but it doesn't appear to be available for pre-order yet. It *may* be a PS exclusive offer, since Sony did hint that there would be something.

As of right now there is no digital release for GTA V on XB1 only PS4 at the moment that could change but as of right now it's only PS4

• Like 1

As of right now there is no digital release for GTA V on XB1 only PS4 at the moment that could change but as of right now it's only PS4

Yeah, that's what I figured. How lame would that be if it turned out that that was the thing that Sony had hinted at?

Yeah, that's what I figured. How lame would that be if it turned out that that was the thing that Sony had hinted at?

I have a feeling that's exactly it.