1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

[REL|SA] Remastered GUI Textures for SA (inc. MOBILE stuff)

Ash_735

Well as many people might know, I'm a bit obsessed/OCD like when it comes to quality and making sure things are done right, so after complaining about others not doing things properly, I decided to take a break from VCS PCE and get some stuff sorted for you guys here! So hopefully you'll enjoy this stuff, and for any would be RAGE conversions out there, I've kept the DDS files so if you want to make WTD's with them, let me know.

~~~~~ Remastered GUI Pack for SA ~~~~~

This pack has been put together to bring the updated textures from newer version of San Andreas back to the PC version, some of these textures have been edited to fit in line with how the PC version originally displayed them and others have just been repacked with higher quality compression compared to what was available at the time, giving an overall quality boost to the GUI if you play above 1024x768 resolution. Best used on a fresh install.

This modification is also best suited to be used with Wesser's Widescreen Fix (http://gtaforums.com/topic/669618-plugos-widescreen-hor-support/) And SilentPatchSA (http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=25368), please see instructions for those mods on their respective pages.

NOTE: Fontset is ONLY for the EFIGS set of the game, if you use any other language it is reccommended to skip fonts.txd and fonts.dat

DOWNLOAD LINK

10ftifd.png

2qvz0j4.png

k3xcwm.png

2d79dg0.png

Here is the complete list of the files replaced by this pack:

////data

-fonts.dat

///models

-fonts.txd

-fronten1.txd

-pcbtns.txd

//generic

-vehicle.txd

//txd

-LD_BEAT.txd

-LD_CARD.txd

-LD_DUAL.txd

-LD_GRAV.txd

-LD_NONE.txd

-LD_OTB.txd

-LD_OTB2.txd

-LD_PLAN.txd

-LD_POKE.txd

-LD_POOL.txd

-LD_ROUL.txd

-LD_SHTR.txd

-LD_SLOT.txd

-LD_SPAC.txd

-LD_TATT.txd

Special Thanks to _DK for his DDS2TXD plug-in and nick7 for his work on txdf*cker.

Edited by Ash_735

Quality wise, it's better than the previous converted mobile stuff, no discussion. However, your radarringplane are 64x64, doesn't match all other high res theme implied with this. If you're interested, here's a 256x256 png of the said icon

wf6cOLE.png

r3dAcyd.pngxiwpjPG.png

Edited by format c:
  • Like 3

Where did you find that? The only one I could find was the same 64x64 on both iOS and Android (as well as PS2 and PC).

Then I can't really just take it can I? :p Besides I'm trying to keep these Rockstar/War Drum sourced so they feel like they came from them, just corrected for the PC version. ;)

Yeah, for some reason War Drum left out the Flying Radar image/icon/whatever on mobile, leaving it how it is on all other platforms, no idea why.

Edited by Kalvin

Then I can't really just take it can I? :p Besides I'm trying to keep these Rockstar/War Drum sourced so they feel like they came from them, just corrected for the PC version. ;)

Well, can you please share your radar blips dds? So I can combine them with this new radarringplane. For personal use, of course.

And the latest public release of silentpacth already have this mipmap filter thing? Didn't noticed any diference on the weapon icons in game.

Edited by format c:

Yes the latest release of SilentPatch should have the weapon icon mip map levels code in there, if you play the game in windowed at 800x600 or lower, the game will actually use the original 64x64 size, so if that's what you're testing, you won't actually notice a change. :p And sure, I'll send you the dds files for the hud.txd.

What about the school medals from LD_DRV.txd?

PC only uses ONE set where as Mobile version had unique medals for each, it would require additional code to be injected to the game so it knows which medal to use where. I was aiming for these to be quick replacements (depending on how long it takes people to replace files in GTA3.IMG) but anything extra like that would require some other[/ii] help, but I am interested in doing more things, such as the fruit machines, and card games, which have higher res textures available in mobile version.

edit: My mistake, PC version does have unique medals, but the problem was that it displays them differently, Mobile ones have banner texture, etc, included, where as PS2/PC don't and have them tagged on. I'll have to look into it really. :p

Edited by Ash_735

Yes the latest release of SilentPatch should have the weapon icon mip map levels code in there, if you play the game in windowed at 800x600 or lower, the game will actually use the original 64x64 size, so if that's what you're testing, you won't actually notice a change. :p And sure, I'll send you the dds files for the hud.txd.

I would like to have them as well if you don't mind :p. Honestly i think you should include those .dds files in the first post so everyone can use them.

What about the school medals from LD_DRV.txd?

PC only uses ONE set where as Mobile version had unique medals for each, it would require additional code to be injected to the game so it knows which medal to use where. I was aiming for these to be quick replacements (depending on how long it takes people to replace files in GTA3.IMG) but anything extra like that would require some other[/ii] help, but I am interested in doing more things, such as the fruit machines, and card games, which have higher res textures available in mobile version.

edit: My mistake, PC version does have unique medals, but the problem was that it displays them differently, Mobile ones have banner texture, etc, included, where as PS2/PC don't and have them tagged on. I'll have to look into it really. :p

Well I use them without the main.scm Silent provided and I think they look fine. I don't need exact replica.

Oh and also minigames LD_ txds are new if you're up for it. Not really important though.

Looks like PC version doesn't have an entry for bike medals so that means it uses driving school medals with cars. This'll need some SilentPatchin' :D

Edited by Blackbird88

Hmm i noticed something weird with the mipmapped weapon icons, if you use any resolution that isn't the monitor's native one it will look like the default texture(64x64). In my case i have an 1920x1080 monitor but i play the game on 1600x900 in fullscreen due to sh*tty videocard ram.

Hopefully you can see the difference:

1600x900:5DPjqn1.png

1920x1080:5ZA3ObA.png

EDIT: For comparison here's the icons without mipmaps at 1600x900:

VnHXvlM.png

Edited by StrafeBolt

Hmm, weird, we only tested it out with the original stock HUD, how is it with that? Not tried the Mobile HUD plug in, but if it does rescale the HUD to be smaller than the original, it MIGHT be triggering the size limit to use the smallest option (64x64). On default, anything over 1024x768 should be using the second option, which is 128x128, and anything over 2k Resolution should be using the largest 256x256.

• Like 2

1) fonts and fronten1, sure, not sure about the others, 2.0 is pretty vague, not sure if it has any IMG locks, but if you CAN edit the IMG's fro those and the game still work, then yeah, sure, this should be compatible with all versions.

2) SilentPatch SA isn't final yet, still in testing, so jump to the end of the thread and search around for a few links to the latest version, but when it is final, a link will be placed in the main post.

Then sadly I don't know what the problem could be, we tried it out on a few different resolutions on our side to see where the trigger points were and as already mentioned, as long as it's above 1024x768, it should be using 128x128.

edit: Just tried 1600x900 on my side, and it's still using the 128x128 textures, so really don't know what's up.

Edited by Ash_735

Okay, after a quick test i found out that the problem was caused by Widescreen Fix made by ThirteenAG. It looks like the hud size affects the texture resolution, since the hud is small by default my guess is that the plugin assumes you're using a lower resolution giving the 64x64 version instead of the correct one.

The engine uses a specific mipmap not by resolution but by actual draw's size in pixels. So it's actually a correct behaviour.

Yeah, which is why I only tested this on Stock HUD, and brought up Mobile HUD, anything that alters the scale will trigger a different mipmap level, try messing with the scale settings in the INI and see what's the smallest that will trigger 128x128.

edit: Just gave it a quick go, this should work for you...

HudWidthScale = 0.75 // 0.62221788786 by default.

HudHeightScale = 0.75 //0.66666670937 by default.

It'll make the HUD a little bigger, but enough to trigger 128x128 weapon icons for your resolution.

Edited by Ash_735

I tried changing the ini settings but messing with those values only makes the hud look weird and stretched. So i guess the best solution would be using the 128x128 texture without mipmaps. Can you send me the .dds files for the weapons?

EDIT: Tried the settings you posted, nothing changed on my side the HUD only got bigger.

Edited by StrafeBolt

Then maybe something is wrong with your GPU :p Try increasing both until it does kick in, but on my side, trying out the widescreen fix on 1600x900, it DOES activate them.

Different LOD Bias GPU settings?

Yeah my GPU goes nuts sometimes. I'm getting a real gaming GPU soon hopefully, so i don't even care that much :p.

Anyways tried these settings and it worked, it's probably what Silent said above ^

HudWidthScale = 0.85 // 0.62221788786 by default.
HudHeightScale = 0.85 //0.66666670937 by default.

Thanks for the help even though the problem was on my side(again).

First image, original PC fonts.dat and fonts.txd. Second image, said files you provided. Third image, mobile screenshot.

xVbrlbk.jpg
9lgPn7M.jpg
jxNcSAG.jpg

A line breaking just for the period looks strange, don't?

Playing the game on 1280x720, no widescreen fixes or anything related.

Funny enough font1 was where I DIDN'T touch the spacing as I never saw any issues, I assumed it was just the same just a bit thinner, haha, hmm, looking close in there, it seems there's some cases like font2 where they made the gap for some letters bigger to keep it readable on smaller screens, I'm looking at you n!

edit: Try this quick fix, reduced spacing on n and e, will see if any others need it later: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49393425/fonts.dat

Edited by Ash_735