2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

GTA 6, other side of the law?

American Viking

American Viking

Just listen and keep an open mind. Traditionally, GTA has the players taking the role of a criminal and going from there. But, what if for GTA 6 they let us be on the other side of the law, as a cop or at very least a dirty cop? Yes, I know this is not L.A. Noire or True Crime and I don't ever wish GTA to be. I think now that Rockstar is doing the multiple protagonist thing, it's the perfect time to branch out a bit. Shoot, to stay true to the brand we could play as a reformed criminal turned dirty cop or something along those lines. Keep in mind, just because it is the Grand Theft Auto brand does not mean it has to be one way.

• Like 1

And do what, exactly? SWAT 4 already has the swat covered, and sleeping dogs and true crime have already done the undercover cop schtick. So what's left? Traffic stops and domestic dispute cases?

• Like 1

Like I wrote before GTA will continue with multi protagonist stories. ONE of the protags will start out "good" or at least law related, and then, for whatever reason wind up as a criminal.

Maybe even chase after the other protags, NOT undercover, more like Walter White.

This will also take place across more than one city, possibly being about "empire" or the fall of empire.

Last thing, we may see the "good guy" become the bad guy and rise to criminal mastermind, while also playing the "ultimate" bad guy who loses everything.

Or be 14 and don't read any of this, I don't care.

HollandNights

Like I wrote before GTA will continue with multi protagonist stories. ONE of the protags will start out "good" or at least law related, and then, for whatever reason wind up as a criminal.

Maybe even chase after the other protags, NOT undercover, more like Walter White.

This will also take place across more than one city, possibly being about "empire" or the fall of empire.

Last thing, we may see the "good guy" become the bad guy and rise to criminal mastermind, while also playing the "ultimate" bad guy who loses everything.

Or be 14 and don't read any of this, I don't care.

I stopped reading. I must be 14?

Or maybe I just thought your ideas were terrible.

I should write for R* then, since all the 3D era writing was awful.

Edited by Waingro

Algonquin Assassin

The only way I'd like to see this is if it took inspiration from The Departed. Basically two protagonists with one of them being undercover and planted into some gang and a gang member from that gang infiltrating the police force and posing as a cop.

There's more detail, but if you've seen the movie you should know what I'm talking about. I've never liked the idea of playing as solely a cop even a dirty one in GTA. IMO it would have to have some contrasting element to distinguish it from LA Noire, The True Crime games and Sleeping Dogs.

• Like 3

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

Has anyone forgotten about GTA1's "Police Are About to Have a Real Bad Day" tagline? This would be in contradiction to the series concept in my opinion. Cops have always been depicted as an obstacle to the protagonist's adventure, Frank Tenpenny is a perfect example, or as diplomatic "friends" to deal with in order to achieve a goal, such as Francis McReary, but they've never been shown as heroes. In fact, the most of them are corrupt officers like Ray Machowski, the aforementioned Frank Tenpenny and Francis McReary, and others.

On the other hand, I'd really like a storyline which involves two protagonists, rival each other, with one of them being the "hero", the classic GTA protagonist, and the other one being the "anti-hero" (or vice versa depending on how you define hero/anti-hero), and the possibility to be an undercover cop, or a corrupt officer, why not? If done right, it may bring some freshness to the series' "criminal mastermind" mentality. So, I'm not completely contrary after all.

Edited by toxluv

zbhEXO6.png

I would welcome this type of story. It would be an excellent exploration of the themes of police corruption and the like.

Cheers.

The only way I'd like to see this is if it took inspiration from The Departed. Basically two protagonists with one of them being undercover and planted into some gang and a gang member from that gang infiltrating the police force and posing as a cop.

There's more detail, but if you've seen the movie you should know what I'm talking about. I've never liked the idea of playing as solely a cop even a dirty one in GTA. IMO it would have to have some contrasting element to distinguish it from LA Noire, The True Crime games and Sleeping Dogs.

Exactly, I said something similar in the not wanting 2 protagonists in GTA VI thread. The Departed is an amazing movie, in wich it depicts the guy who is not with the law is with the bad dude, UNDERCOVER. While the guy who is with the law, is with the bad guy, but not undercover.

• Like 1

GTA_Sharpshooter

Oh God just what GTA needed,be an replica of True "Grime".I understand what you meant,but i don't think so....GTA is about being the bad guy,not the good guy or the Really bad guy (Corrupt cop)

Would be cool if you are a dirty cop who is in a gang or something, but I think rockstar can get more original than that to be honest.

• Like 1

universetwisters

Maybe as an ELFC-esque DLC or something, but not for the main kazam.

• Like 1

Would be cool if you are a dirty cop

This would be pretty neat. Allowing the player to either be good or evil, and from that a different consequences on the storyline.

Would be cool if you are a dirty cop

This would be pretty neat. Allowing the player to either be good or evil, and from that a different consequences on the storyline.

Rockstar is partially incompetent with branching storylines. The moral decisions given in Grand Theft Auto: IV (and that one in V) do not affect the storyline heavily (if at all, sometimes).

Edited by Brock Elvis
  • Like 3

All I want is a single character again. I enjoyed 3 protags, but if they keep doing it it will get tiring

• Like 1