2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Why is GTA Online a multiplayer?

GalaxyKane

It took me a while to come to terms with the fact that the Online Creators and Handlers of GTA V didn't fully think everything out. Why do I say this? You know things become an issue when your online mode is a lackluster. The base design of gta online should not be a multiplayer, but an MMO. The world is not diverse as it should be. I believe that devs and handlers, thought their commission can come from micro transactions. But when in actuality, their commission can come from them making quality DLC, that players would probably be eager to buy. DLC's that wont just change how you look, but alsom makes the world constantly changing, by adding new missions that are worth playing, new places to explore, new venues inside of buildings, and having more weapons, gear, and accessories that you're able to obtain by doing DLC related activities, missions, races etc. THE WORLD IS BORING. Nothing worth earning if you can just buy it all. This is something they are trying out for the first time, on a large scale. Am I the only one who thinks this? What do you think?

Edited by GalaxyKane

word is that they pushed for microtransaction over DLC releases because IV dlcs "TLAD and TBoGT" didnt sell much...

to be honest they just need to add 2 things and they would have me on the hook for atleast 5 more years...

IV-style lobby options & gun safe at the apartment.

Edited by CarimboHanky

AboveAndBeyoncé

Why is GTA Online multiplayer?

Because Online is in the name.

/rocketsurgery

this... OT I agree with the person I quoted
  • Like 2

DriveLikeAViking

Why is GTA Online multiplayer? Because Online is in the name. /rocketsurgery

this... OT I agree with the person I quoted

And i agree with this guy ^

• Like 2

Micro transactions? You mean the completely voluntarily purchased cash cards? I can't comprehend why people are so bitchy about them.

I sure as f*ck don't want to pay for new dlc every so often. EA does that sh*t, R* shouldn't. Cash cards allow the game to remain free. DLC is a one time purchase, whereas cash cards can be continuously bought--thus accumulating more revenue.

Have you played a mmo before? Expansion packs come out every few years, it's not a every update thing.

People have no idea what micro transactions are.

• Like 2

Arggghhhh, we have not had too "pay" for a single update (dlc), shark cards are optional. If the game is so boring, stop playing, sell your copy and delete your gta forums account. The amount of self entitlement I've seen in this forum scares me.

Micro transactions games like candy crush saga use them so one can play more than 5x in a hour, and the specials, bleeding morons dry. .99¢ here try again, $1.99 a package of 1x use special "attacks".

Gta shark card = in game money $$$ so you can buy a permanent addition too your arsenal that never disappears unless you sell it. If you cannot keep up with ammo costs/ insurance costs then maybe you should rethink how you play. Shark cards are unnecessary too successful gameplay you play/grind or you buy one, it's your choice.

• Like 7

Arggghhhh, we have not had too "pay" for a single update (dlc), shark cards are optional. If the game is so boring, stop playing, sell your copy and delete your gta forums account. The amount of self entitlement I've seen in this forum scares me.

Micro transactions games like candy crush saga use them so one can play more than 5x in a hour, and the specials, bleeding morons dry. .99¢ here try again, $1.99 a package of 1x use special "attacks".

Gta shark card = in game money $$$ so you can buy a permanent addition too your arsenal that never disappears unless you sell it. If you cannot keep up with ammo costs/ insurance costs then maybe you should rethink how you play. Shark cards are unnecessary too successful gameplay you play/grind or you buy one, it's your choice.

Another logical, rational, and reasonable post? What a rare occurrence.

• Like 5

You seem intelligent OP. If you read some of the comments you can probably work out why GTA Online is what it is and not the kind of true open world game you're suggesting.

Fortunately there are other games out there which provide the tools, freedom, diversity and a great community. Do not waste your money on this title for PS4, XB1 or PC.

• Like 3

Building a true open world MMO would take a lot more effort than freeroam lobbies and missions with not much to be gained in shark card sales.

/rocketsurgery

"MMO" contains the term "Online" as well. "Online" does not simply mean creating a server that enables brain-dead little sh*tbags to kill each other 24/7. Unreal Tournament already did that in 1999.

The GTAV that Rockstar created is a masterpiece of virtual world design, so beautiful, so complete in its environment, stretching the consoles to the limit. I fall to my knees in awe of it. But Rockstar should have done what the OP says, gotten some decent game designers to make this virtual world a better MMO destination. They could have doubled their market, by hiring some game designers to create a Sims or Second Life environment, in a different lobby type away from the millions of pathetic idiots who only have one connected nerve in their body, from eye to trigger finger.

What a waste of a beautiful virtual world.

Edited by saintsrow

You seem intelligent OP. If you read some of the comments you can probably work out why GTA Online is what it is and not the kind of true open world game you're suggesting.

Fortunately there are other games out there which provide the tools, freedom, diversity and a great community. Do not waste your money on this title for PS4, XB1 or PC.

Thank You

Sorry OP. The replies you got dont suprise. What a ignorant forum.

Its cool, people are allowed their opinion, even if it goes off topic.

1) the map is too small for an mmo

2) the main focus isn't large fights, health is too low and damage is to high for that to be the goal.

3) mmos cost alot more to run and maintain, therefore that cost would be put onto the player with subscription, or unique cash items.

4) I actually like the way gtao is setup now.

What aspects of an mmo do you like that you want in gta? Is it grinding trash mobs? Boss fights? Loot? Perks?

/rocketsurgery

"MMO" contains the term "Online" as well. "Online" does not simply mean creating a server that enables brain-dead little sh*tbags to kill each other 24/7. Unreal Tournament already did that in 1999.

The GTAV that Rockstar created is a masterpiece of virtual world design, so beautiful, so complete in its environment, stretching the consoles to the limit. I fall to my knees in awe of it. But Rockstar should have done what the OP says, gotten some decent game designers to make this virtual world a better MMO destination. They could have doubled their market, by hiring some game designers to create a Sims or Second Life environment, in a different lobby type away from the millions of pathetic idiots who only have one connected nerve in their body, from eye to trigger finger.

What a waste of a beautiful virtual world.

I agree, such a beautiful venue thats not living up to its fullest potential

Edited by GalaxyKane

Why exactly does an Online game just have to have multiplayer or dealing with other people?

There are plently of games on the internet, chess for example that you can play with a computer and not in some chatroom with another player.

Why does "Online" imply multiplayer?

It just means you don't own a physical copy of the game and instead its on some database.

Edited by mr toasterbutt

Yeah I'm sure you thought this out far more than a multi million dollar company.

Kersh Kerds ruined gta.... Yah yah yah. GTFO.

Edited by stonedpimpso

Why exactly does an Online game just have to have multiplayer or dealing with other people?

There are plently of games on the internet, chess for example thay you can play with a computer not in some chatroom with another player.

Why does "Online" imply multiplayer?

There are 5 different types

Online = online multiplayer

Offline=single player

Splitscreen= multiple players on the same screen

System link=multiplayer using multiple devices not threw the internet.

Same screen coop=you share the same screen, similar to split screen but there are no dividers

In your example of chess vs ai, it is still a single player game, you are just downloading it from the internet.

Edit: Forgot same screen coop.

Edited by hornedturtle
  • Like 2

if it wasn't multiplayer then it's the world's most fanciest single player game ever created! :lol:

I really dont get some peoples whines about this. Wouldnt you rather have frequent free updates over a DLC once every few years that you have to buy? Also dont get why people whine about shark cards. You dont want/cheap to buy them then dont. Be it I have been playing since day 1 but I have never needed to buy a shark card. However should the time arise when I do I dont seeany probkem with it. Ive had a years worth of free updates almost monthly. Some good some not so good. Its great I can pick and choose what I want to 'buy' and what I dont. R* is a company they need to make money/profit so stop thinking of them as a charity/not for profit organisation. I bet you dont work for free or would work for free. So stop with the double standards and just enjoy the game

• Like 1

I really dont get some peoples whines about this. Wouldnt you rather have frequent free updates over a DLC once every few years that you have to buy? Also dont get why people whine about shark cards. You dont want/cheap to buy them then dont. Be it I have been playing since day 1 but I have never needed to buy a shark card. However should the time arise when I do I dont seeany probkem with it. Ive had a years worth of free updates almost monthly. Some good some not so good. Its great I can pick and choose what I want to 'buy' and what I dont. R* is a company they need to make money/profit so stop thinking of them as a charity/not for profit organisation. I bet you dont work for free or would work for free. So stop with the double standards and just enjoy the game

Please. Not another one of these threads, but I will say this.

The hatred comes from the idea that R* purposly makes the game less enjoyable than it would be for the sole purpose of selling shark cards. Nothing to do with force.

G_Masta_Phunk

wtf?! If anything cash cards saved this game.... we get tons of DLCs for free because people do buy those damn shark cards. Even my buddy, who is in his 30's and doesnt have that much money bought a shark card to get a lambo.... so its not just little rich kids buying them either.

They could easily have charged for new cars, clothing, tactical wear, all that sh*t, but instead, as long as you are decent at making money in game, its all free. I play this strategy game, crusader kings 2... they come out with new dlcs all the time... added units, factions, different starting dates, ect... but they all cost 2-15 bucks american.... Hell you can even buy the expansion for 15 bucks, then have to spend 2 more dollars for the new faces 2 more for the units and another 2 for the music... wtf...

• Like 1

1) the map is too small for an mmo

2) the main focus isn't large fights, health is too low and damage is to high for that to be the goal.

3) mmos cost alot more to run and maintain, therefore that cost would be put onto the player with subscription, or unique cash items.

4) I actually like the way gtao is setup now.

What aspects of an mmo do you like that you want in gta? Is it grinding trash mobs? Boss fights? Loot? Perks?

What I want from gtao is an online gta experience I can share with friends. So an epic gta story would be a great start with proper missions and stuff players can do together and evolve the game world as they go..

As for microtransactions I'd rather pay a sub or for quality dlc than allow pay to win scenarios that devalue the game play experience of the masses.

Microtransactions kill gamea because they essentially put a price on gameplay. 8 hours grind to make a million dollars or $6 for a cash card. Basically says to players your 8 hours of play is worth 6 bucks. And that stops people playing as it simply doesn't feel rewarding or worthwhile. This is why so many games with these systems have such short lifespans.

You want to keep players playing you need to make things feel worthwhile. Is it worth grinding 8 hours for a 6 dollar reward. Hell no...

As a final point. With all the updates and stuff thereve have been los santos gta online really hasnt changed at all. Its still the same day it was when it first. came online. The ever evolvong world hasnt changed at all.

• Like 2

Hey guys, excuse my ignorance (and a little OT), but what is the difference between an MMO (I assume that WOW is a MMO type game, never played it though) and what we have now with GTAO? Is it that there are more players in the lobby with various activities?

I've played Evony for a year or so, but that's it as far as MMO experience. Was kind of addicting, but not much to do either.

Thanks in advance!

DrDetroit

Edited by DrDetroit

It took me a while to come to terms with the fact that the Online Creators and Handlers of GTA V didn't fully think everything out. Why do I say this? You know things become an issue when your online mode is a lackluster. The base design of gta online should not be a multiplayer, but an MMO. The world is not diverse as it should be. I believe that devs and handlers, thought their commission can come from those God awful micro transactions. But when in actuality, their commission can come from them making quality DLC, that players would probably be eager to buy. DLC's that wont just change how you look, but alsom makes the world constantly changing, by adding new missions that are worth playing, new places to explore, new venues inside of buildings, and having more weapons, gear, and accessories that you're able to obtain by doing DLC related activities, missions, races etc. THE WORLD IS BORING. Nothing worth earning if you can just buy it all. This is something they are trying out for the first time, on a large scale. Am I the only one who thinks this? What do you think?

I think you need to go outside and stop looking to this game as if it is the perfect second life game.

• Like 1

It took me a while to come to terms with the fact that the Online Creators and Handlers of GTA V didn't fully think everything out. Why do I say this? You know things become an issue when your online mode is a lackluster. The base design of gta online should not be a multiplayer, but an MMO. The world is not diverse as it should be. I believe that devs and handlers, thought their commission can come from those God awful micro transactions. But when in actuality, their commission can come from them making quality DLC, that players would probably be eager to buy. DLC's that wont just change how you look, but alsom makes the world constantly changing, by adding new missions that are worth playing, new places to explore, new venues inside of buildings, and having more weapons, gear, and accessories that you're able to obtain by doing DLC related activities, missions, races etc. THE WORLD IS BORING. Nothing worth earning if you can just buy it all. This is something they are trying out for the first time, on a large scale. Am I the only one who thinks this? What do you think?

I think you need to go outside and stop looking to this game as if it is the perfect second life game.

Seeing how your comment had nothing to do with the question or the topic, I realize it was an subtle insult. And that's fine. But it was uncalled for. I will ask this, would you say the same to the football fans, to chess league, to anyone who had a bit of passion for whatever they were involved in? Just a bit of logic.... just a bit