2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Armory

Dinlee

I can't imagine I'm the first person to think of this but I did a prelim search and came up with nadda.

Here goes:

Does anyone else agree that we should have a limited on-board inventory and an armory in our apts?

I was thinking it would be nice to only carry say 2 pistols, 2 subs, 1 AR, 1 Shotty, All explosives, 1 Power Weapon and 1 sniper. This way you could own all the limited edition weapons but not carry 15 pistols at al times.

Might also be cool if all of your two handed weapons were kept in your car trunk and you needed to select them from within your car. So you would always carry 2 pistols, like 3 of each grenade, 1 smg and 1 two handed weapon. I think this would make for a more competitive FR. And assuming that the insurance will go back to the way it was in 1.16, this would create a small mini game of trying to find your opponents car and ambusing it for their next return.

You might also be able to unlock custom classes at 140. I know this is a very COD type idea but different missions and strategic moves require different gear.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

I would be happy if the weapon wheel was based more on use. So the weapons you use more regular appear first then scroll to the more obscure less used weapons.

I can't imagine I'm the first person to think of this but I did a prelim search and came up with nadda.

Here goes:

Does anyone else agree that we should have a limited on-board inventory and an armory in our apts?

I was thinking it would be nice to only carry say 2 pistols, 2 subs, 1 AR, 1 Shotty, All explosives, 1 Power Weapon and 1 sniper. This way you could own all the limited edition weapons but not carry 15 pistols at al times.

Might also be cool if all of your two handed weapons were kept in your car trunk and you needed to select them from within your car. So you would always carry 2 pistols, like 3 of each grenade, 1 smg and 1 two handed weapon. I think this would make for a more competitive FR. And assuming that the insurance will go back to the way it was in 1.16, this would create a small mini game of trying to find your opponents car and ambusing it for their next return.

You might also be able to unlock custom classes at 140. I know this is a very COD type idea but different missions and strategic moves require different gear.

Thoughts?

car containing a weapon might get blown up , too

i just wish when i dropped worthless guns i never used wouldnt get automatically picked up again while doing missions with enemies that use awful guns.

So im saying id like a ON/OFF switch for automatically picking up weapons off the ground i guess.

• Like 2

CrysisAverted

Why, if San Andreas was in the US we would be able to sell our weapons to the government

TeammateHelper

I'd prefer gun wheel based on frequency, as someone suggested.

I like having all my pistols, but if I have to scroll through every f*cking pistol just for my Heavy Pistol.... Come on, man.

Well yeah, thats what Im saying. Its especially annoying when you are in a chase and need a specific weapon but since you are also paying attention to everything else thats going on it takes a few cycles thru all of your weapons.

BenecioDelToro

I agree. I feel the game is lacking in meta gameplay which it desperately needs to stay relevant with hardcore players who like to have a lot of options, and don't want everything so easily handed to them on a silver platter.

your not the only person to make a thread about this OP, but there really is no reason to have an Armory or Gun Safe when we can already pull our arsenal out of our arseholes anyway. as for only wanting to carry certain weapons, just drop the ones you do not want then, that is what i have always done. only exception would be the reg pistol which returns with new sessions. i think there might be a couple others that are bugged like that, but not sure and can not remember which ones since i keep my stuff at the bare minimum of what i need. anyway it seems like a decent amount of effort and work to implement for R* to do for something that is basicly a trivial option IMO.

Here goes:

Thoughts?

I think an Armory in your garage/apartment and vehicles would be a great addition to the game.

The amount of weapons you could carry should depend on what weapons you're using. I think It should be 3 pistols if one of them is the SNS as a B.U.G. In addition, Rockstar should make it so we can attach or remove suppressors via the interactive menu for the weapon you currently have selected. Perhaps the # of weapons could be fewer with a Hardcore Mode, but to where it wouldn't affect the amount of ammo you possess. In addition, the Hardcore mode could bring a weight system. Being able to retrieve more weapons via your vehicle if necessary. In a Hardcore, I would want my character to have the following: Pistols: Combat Pistol (Primary Pistol on a Belt Holster, Default Pistol or Heavy Pistol on a Vest Holster (When not wearing the vest, I would only have 2 pistols (Combat & SNS)), and the SNS via a concealed holster as a Backup Gun (B.U.G.). Melee: Nightstick (Visible (If it was an ASP Expandable, it could be concealed)), and a Knife. To use other weapons, I would retrieve them via my vehicle (Shotgun & AR in the Front between the Driver & Passenger Seat, for other weapons (SMG's/MG's, Sniper's, Explosives, & Heavy Weapons,). You could still use your pistol if the weapon had a rifle sling/scabbard, or just drop the weapon on the ground (It would still exist in your armory & vehicle). You could only carry one of these heavier weapons (unless it's a Micro-SMG which you could have a shoulder holster for (Rockstar, we need an MP5K please!) Regarding Thrown Weapons (If using Stickies, you could only carry the sticky bombs, you can carry both Hand Grenades and Tear Gas Grenades)

At the very minimum, Rockstar should make it so we can choose which weapon is selected on the weapon wheel by default when on foot and when using a vehicle.

No, I need all the weapons and ammo possible.

Exactly! Can you imagine how embarassing it would be to need the Combat Pistol but only have the Vintage Pistol available? Such shame, very sad.

i just wish when i dropped worthless guns i never used wouldnt get automatically picked up again while doing missions with enemies that use awful guns.

So im saying id like a ON/OFF switch for automatically picking up weapons off the ground i guess.

I don't know how many times I've had to get rid of the damn Combat Pistol. It's bad enough that I have 20 pistols that I never use, but switching through them in the car trying to get to my bombs or my SMG is annoying as hell (seriously why don't we have a weapon wheel in the car too?)

• Like 1

692fc89cb34cdeaba6dffeb5b9f4be3f611300ec

I think an Armory in your garage/apartment and vehicles would be a great addition to the game.

The amount of weapons you could carry should depend on what weapons you're using. I think It should be 3 pistols if one of them is the SNS as a B.U.G. In addition, Rockstar should make it so we can attach or remove suppressors via the interactive menu for the weapon you currently have selected. Perhaps the # of weapons could be fewer with a Hardcore Mode, but to where it wouldn't affect the amount of ammo you possess. In addition, the Hardcore mode could bring a weight system. Being able to retrieve more weapons via your vehicle if necessary. In a Hardcore, I would want my character to have the following: Pistols: Combat Pistol (Primary Pistol on a Belt Holster, Default Pistol or Heavy Pistol on a Vest Holster (When not wearing the vest, I would only have 2 pistols (Combat & SNS)), and the SNS via a concealed holster as a Backup Gun (B.U.G.). Melee: Nightstick (Visible (If it was an ASP Expandable, it could be concealed)), and a Knife. To use other weapons, I would retrieve them via my vehicle (Shotgun & AR in the Front between the Driver & Passenger Seat, for other weapons (SMG's/MG's, Sniper's, Explosives, & Heavy Weapons,). You could still use your pistol if the weapon had a rifle sling/scabbard, or just drop the weapon on the ground (It would still exist in your armory & vehicle). You could only carry one of these heavier weapons (unless it's a Micro-SMG which you could have a shoulder holster for (Rockstar, we need an MP5K please!) Regarding Thrown Weapons (If using Stickies, you could only carry the sticky bombs, you can carry both Hand Grenades and Tear Gas Grenades)

At the very minimum, Rockstar should make it so we can choose which weapon is selected on the weapon wheel by default when on foot and when using a vehicle.

I agree with pretty much all of this. I would also be cool if you started off with very basic gear carry equipment, just a one pistol belt and one shoulder strap, and as you progress you can unlock better carry equipment.

You could unlock boot knives, a chest strap for more grenades, vest holster that holds two single hand weapons etc. It may be going unsaid but Id really like to see the weapons I am carrying on my character and adding a weight system to slow down your characters movement speed based on what they are carrying/wearing would be awesome.

I hope weapons are limited amount in Heist mode and that silencers can be used effectively to pull of heists without alerting cops (holy like a real professional!?). It wold be challenging at least for a change.

GTA heists could learn a lot from payday 2.

Here goes:

Thoughts?

No.