2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Crew System is F*cked

Corvette-Zr1

Day by day i ask my freinds this "Why are you in a crew if your not even going to play with them?,they keep on saying becuast i want to look like im a part of a crew. i think rockstar have made the crew system the wrong way. nowdays you will go into a public lobby. see people in like those rockstar crew like IGN,Hot97 and all those crews with 1M plus members. and then they end up crew killing each other even if they are in the same crew. what i hate is the fact that i made a crew like for car meets and i probably should have made it invite only but right now we are at 500 members. and 90% of the crew does not even play with us and the crew reps (the guys that actually play with me) like all these useless people are in the crew not even attending our meets or whatever i wish i could kick them all but it would take forever. i just wish that if you were in a crew you couldent join for the h ell of it you would have to join the meets or whatever. like i hate inactive crew members that just do their own thing and not join our lobbys. i know this happens to 90% of the crews out there.only like 10% actually are active. so i hope you guys understand my post. sorry grammar not good. i not speak too much english

If players were organized and use the crews more than a way to kill people, things would be different. Anyway, the system is pretty lame actually, but that's no excuse.

• Like 2

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

BoJack Cognac

Just today, I explained to someone why I wasn't interested in joining their crew.
I told them - "I appreciate the offer, but I've been playing since Day 1 and I'm not in a crew for a reason. I don't want to feel like I'm expected to play a certain way or expected to join lobbies when asked"
The second I join a crew, I know that me thinking about their expectations will affect my performance.

KornbreadMaf1a

I'm in a crew with around 10 other people and we regularly play together.

You set yourself up to fail by letting anybody join so instead of blaming yourself you blame the system.

• Like 4

JohndamnTravolta

If you have an open to join crew with 500 members, of course no one will play together, the crew I'm in has a prospecting period where we get to know you, and we always get on together.

So, to lazy to start your own crew?

I've belonged to several crews. BFSurfers the largest.

For the most part a very enjoyable experience.

Start a crew. Look for likeminded peeps.

Go have some fun with yer mates.

If you're not having fun, you got the wrong crew.

• Like 2

I'm in four large racing crews, although many players are inactive, I use crews to connect to other good racers. It just heightend the chance that when I auto-invite to a race that a challenging racer will join.

• Like 1

xoC18H21NO3xo

I agree the crew system is lacking.

Right now, I can't see a reason for a crew to be more than four people, unless they are exclusively free mode, racing or deathmatch crews.

I catch all kinds of passive aggressive hell being co-leader of my crew, because people don't understand that I can't play with them ALL the damn time. If I'm doing survival I can only play with three other members.

The one time I set my foot down and provided a rule for our crew, several members ran off to join another crew. The rule was simple: Don't do crew challenges without the approval of the leader and co-leader. Why? We wanted to maintain an undefeated score and to make sure we put our very best in the challenge.

So I have a side crew (Merryweather Marine Corps) with just me and one other member. I plan to use this crew for team deathmatch only. I will seek out the best killers on PS3 (or PS4). Our motto will be: Death Embrace You!!! :D

TheKingChivas

Just today, I explained to someone why I wasn't interested in joining their crew.

I told them - "I appreciate the offer, but I've been playing since Day 1 and I'm not in a crew for a reason. I don't want to feel like I'm expected to play a certain way or expected to join lobbies when asked"

The second I join a crew, I know that me thinking about their expectations will affect my performance.

You can join my crew then...I don't give a sh*t. My requirements are a pulse and a copy of the game. If I see you, I see you...if not, we'll all live.

I started my own "crew" simply for unlocks...when the PS4 version rolls out, I'll have more personal friends on the same system, so they'll likely join me, but otherwise, I don't care if I'm the only member or not because it won't change how I play.

Your formatting is f*cked, too.

Anyways, yeah the crew system isn't very fleshed-out.

How is it not fleshed out? just don't join a crew based on the number of people in it. Treat it like a friends lists without having to actually add them in with your real friends.

• Like 1

iStealthDeath

I'm in a large crew with over 900 members, we've hit 1,000 members a couple times but we always kick the ones who don't have our crew set as active when we reach 1,000 to make space for people who want to give us a try. I like to say we're really active & organised with members from all over the world though we do have at least maybe 100 inactive (who will be kicked when we hit 1,000 members again). We're not an open crew either lol

If you like the MC life of GTA, the crew system works great. Smaller groups of active people that you get to know.

Im in an offroading crew of 1000 & the only active one on the hiearchy but i dont offraod anymore. Played with about 10 of the members lol.

KamikaziOtter

I can certainly agree with that sentiment... We have 257 crew members and only perhaps 25 that I actually know or have ever played with, of those 25, there are only about 10-12 that play with any regularity. Such is the bane of popular crew'dom I suppose, however now'a'days when I see a crew of a thousand people, I pity the leader and commisioners, as they have to devote a increasing amount of time to regulating/kicking crew members instead of playing the game... It turns into a giant daycare center!

most crews are for there egotistic crew leaders to get off on one and the stupid kids that follow them,got to wear this got have your crew showing on social club,got to watch my great video that i have done........pathetic and 2 faced crap!!