2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

The Daredevil Update

CarnageRacing00

CarnageRacing00

EDIT: Added some new ideas.

Other possible name: The Cunning Stunt Update

Squeeze into that spandex jump suit, you're about to become one of the world-famous stunt drivers!

The Daredevil Update would be a fairly substantial update featuring new vehicles, racing modes, clothing and creator mode content.

Race Mode: Elimination

Elimination is a new racing mode in which you can be eliminated from the race as a result of certain criteria. As one example, destroying your vehicle.

Aside from the usual options available when hosting a race, if Elimination mode is selected, you will see several new options to customize the experience.

Respawns - Off, 1, 2, 3, up to 10. This limits the number of chances players will get in an Elimination Race.

Elimination Type - Last Place, Road Rage, Trail Blazer - This sets the type of Elimination race, as described below:

Types of races:

Last Place - A timer will repeatedly count down from 10, and when it reaches zero, the player in last place will be eliminated and awarded for the position they were in when they were eliminated. This continues until the race ends, or until there is only one player left. This is compatible with Point to Point, Lap, or Rally races.

Road Rage - If your vehicle is destroyed, you're out. If your vehicle hasn't moved in 15 seconds, you're out. This can be used for regular races, or players can create demolition derby style arenas. This can be used for normal style races, or a new creator option for "arena" races can eliminate the lap requirement and instead impose a time limit/score count.

Trailer Blazer/King of the Hill - Taking a cue from Driver: San Francisco, Trailer Blazer/King of the Hill requires all racers to remain inside a glowing circle moving along the road at speed. Whenever you're not inside the circle, a progress bar begins to fill. It only stops when you're in the circle, and does not deplete. When your bar fills, you're eliminated. The goal is to stay in the circle and force the other players out while traveling down the road. The alternate version of this, King of the Hill, is for arena races. The circle is stationary and players must push each other out. The top of Maze Bank would be ideal for this, as a sudden death event.

Race Mode: Stunt

Stunt mode is straight forward. You are awarded points for air time, flips, spins, wheelies, stoppies, flying under bridges, flying upside down, etc. The person with the most points when the time runs out is the winner.

Stunt mode can be played using the whole map, during a check point race, or in an arena.

Extreme Parachuting:

Extreme Parachuting events are more intense than the existing Parachuting jobs. Variations include:

-Landing on a moving truck

-Landing on a moving boat

-Landing on a moving train

-Landing on a small raised platform

-Landing inside an airport hangar

-Catching a free-falling airplane and taking off before it crashes

-Catching a falling parachute

-CHICKEN: Players earn points for every second they do NOT open their parachute, points are only collected if you survive the fall. The player who opens their parachute LAST and still lands safely earns the most points.

Creator Mode content:

Creator Mode will be adorned with new options and content for creating races.

First up is the addition of new vehicle classes to the race creator. This retroactively applies to existing races, as well.

Now, you can race buses! And semi trucks! And semi trucks - WITH TRAILERS ATTACHED! And pick up trucks with trailers, vans, heavy equipment, etc. All vehicles are now available to race with, although you still cannot customize vehicles to do not own.

Imagine being able to race pick up trucks hauling trailers, and eliminating the other players by knocking off their trailer. Now imagine the same thing, only with semi trucks!

New props:

-Burning ring of fire (multiple versions in different heights)
-Mega ramp (2x taller and longer than the large ramp)
-Loop (just as it sounds)
-Quarter pipe (half of a half pipe, put 2 opposite each other to create a half pipe if wanted)
-Cork screw left and right (ramp that curves to help cause barrel rolls)

Arena Mode

When in the race creator menu, select course type: Arena to create an arena.

Arenas are specific areas in which player are confined during the competition. Be it a demolition derby, king of the hill or stunt competition, players must make use of the area available to them. There are no check points, no finish line, only a timer.

NEW! Los Santos International and Fort Zancudo are now open for custom job creation! Make use of the wide open space to create some interesting and exciting new jobs!

New Vehicles

Bloodring Banger - The Bloodring Banger is a stripped down, reinforced version of one of several existing vehicles, such as the Emperor, Picador, Sabre, Buccaneer, and more. You can select the variation you prefer if Bloodring Banger is the vehicle CLASS chosen for the event. Performance is almost identical between the variants.

Stunt Banger - The Stunt Banger is a stripped down, reinforced version of one of several vehicles, the same as the Bloodring Banger. It only has one seat. It features special tires made for enhanced traction on both pavement and in dirt, a trick suspension meant to absorb landing impacts for better control after a landing, and a full body cage to prevent catastrophic damage in a wreck.

Declasse Stallion - The legendary Stallion finally makes its appearance in GTA V. Mods include the usual items as well as a special flame paint job, as a throw-back to the Diablo Stallion from GTA III.

Imponte Faction - Nothing says ironic like putting a ridiculously powerful motor in a car designed for the elderly.

Karin Kuruma X - Sensible family cars are for losers, which is why Karin has outfitted its mundane Kuruma with a turbo-4 cylinder engine and all wheel drive.

Vapid Clover - The kind of old school muscle car that TV show detectives love.

Maibatsu NRG 600 - A blazingly fast and extremely light motorcycle with a trick suspension that aides wheelies and stoppies and lends to higher, longer jumps. Not as durable as other bikes, though, so make sure you land with the rubber side down.

Maibatsu Sanchez 3 - A modified version of the Sanchez built for landing high jumps and maneuverability whilst in the air.

Stunt Duster - Faster, more agile version of the Duster built for air stunts. Faster than the Mallard and easier to control during inverted flight, but not quite as maneuverable. Can release smoke trails of random color.

Clothing

Spandex Jump Suit - Available in National Flag liveries.

Spandex Jump Suit with cape - Available in National Flag liveries.

Stunt helmet - Available in National Flag liveries

Stunt goggles - Comes in black or white.

Full Racing Suit - Available in several different colors. Full suit includes matching helmet, gloves, one-piece fire suit and racing shoes.

Racing Fire Suit - Purchase the suit by itself and mix and match gloves, helmet and shoes.

Racing Helmet 1, 2, 3 - 3 different styles of helmet, available in multiple colors.

Special Clothing/Items

Wing Suit - Allows you to control your free fall in a nearly bird-like manner. (The mechanic is already in the game, just play Michael's acid trip dream sequence.)

Stunt Armor - Knee pads, elbow pads, chest protector and a neck brace meant to reduce bodily injury in the vent of bails or crashes. NOT effective against bullets or explosions and inhibits the ability to sprint. May reduce the chance of a fatal impact from a botched parachute landing. May be equipped/unequipped in the quick menu.

Edited by MichiganMuscle77

I was expecting a different type of daredevil. I expected you to tell me to turn off my tv and turn the volume on my headset up for the true daredevil experience.

• Like 3

CrysisAverted

I'm a daredevil already, I walk around the ghetto...

I-burnt-my-hand-spongebob-squarepants-31

Edited by Sh4d0wX32111

CarnageRacing00

I want to hear what you all think first. If everyone thinks it's a sh*t idea, I'm not gonna waste Rockstar's time.

CrysisAverted

Just think of the possibilities of a Daredevil game today, PS4 and X1 could get 60 fps @1080p finally and you would have what could be thought to be the most expansive map ever.

Edited by Sh4d0wX32111

CarnageRacing00

no bikes? some nice ideas tho

I'm not much of a bike guy, not really sure what could be added but yeah, definitely, if anyone has ideas for additional bikes, by all means.

I like the sound of this and would love to see the return of the bloodring banger. I would include the tornado as a possible 'base' car for it as well.

I also like the sound of the elimination races and the arena style events from gta:san andreas

send it on to R*

juantrapriguez

As I've stated before, any addition, is a welcome one unless it's completely ridiculous. This is a good idea IMO so send it on up!

Pointless drivel, really. I don't see the point in wasting your time creating concepts that will never, ever see the light of day.

Should be way more than just racing suits. There should be skydiving stunt suits, motorcycle gear like chest protectors, and cool logo'd out jereseys and pants. And not just national flag suits and helments. There should be actual new helments with new liveries. Also elbow pads, goggles etc.

Along with new liveries for specific cars and bikes.

And this one is a person dream but WINGSUITS!! With these you could aerial moves while freefalling, or just look cool lol

I want to hear what you all think first. If everyone thinks it's a sh*t idea, I'm not gonna waste Rockstar's time.

Why not?

Do you pick your cars by our opinion?

Do it if YOU think it's a good idea.

Triggermensch

I like the idea of a Demolition Derby, maybe we can finally use that Arena that we can never get into. Plus imagine if we can use explosives during a demolition derby, that'd be super fun.

This is an excellent attitude to take. The GTA community is so affluent and genteel that anything less than the very best would only incur the scorn of Rockstar and your peers.

*spams Rockstar for the 100th time today to request an Ice Cream Van with the stats and handling of an Adder*

On topic those are some great ideas OP. get them over to Rock of the Star ASAP!

CarnageRacing00

Pointless drivel, really. I don't see the point in wasting your time creating concepts that will never, ever see the light of day.

Rockstar added a tank icon not long after I requested it. Don't be so negative.

And yeah, wing suits, motocross gear, all that stuff - great ideas.

This is a great idea. As for the above comments about bikes, I know one guy would would definitely agree, and he is *THE* daredevil!

evelKnievelWheelie.jpg

Something that could fit with that update is a bike that could fall from higher distances without crushing your butt everytime. It could allow us to do epic stunts.

• Like 1

Might not have been your single request though that made them implement it ;)

• Like 1

Obviously it wasn't, but 1 less may have not been enough.

Put it this way, if you ask you *may* get, but if you don't then you definitely won't.

Just think of the possibilities of a Daredevil game today, PS4 and X1 could get 60 fps @1080p finally and you would have what could be thought to be the most expansive map ever.

This needs so many more likes

CarnageRacing00

I know, but the point is, people asked for it, and we got it. We may not get everything we want, but if we brain storm, we may get some of the things we come up with. We already have.

• Like 1

This is a great idea. As for the above comments about bikes, I know one guy would would definitely agree, and he is *THE* daredevil!

evelKnievelWheelie.jpg

That pic is rad. I would love riding around on my bike with a cape flowong behind me.

• Like 1

CarnageRacing00

More things to add... Daredevil parachuting jobs (must land inside a hangar, on a moving truck, catch a falling plane, catch a falling parachute, etc).

New liveries for the Mallard and an all new bi-wing stunt plane, as well as a new sea-plane.

A new stunt-bike, similar in design to the Sanchez but with the ability to land bigger jumps, and controls better in mid air.

Like the Bloodring Bamger versions of certain cars, stunt car variations. These feature racing tires that provide lots of grip, a full body stunt cage to protect car and driver during crashes, a loud, powerful engine, a suspension designed to absorb landings, but only had 1 seat for the driver only.

New props for arena stunt mode creation:

burning ring of fire (multiple versions in different heights)

Mega ramp (2x taller and longer than the large ramp)

Loop (just as it sounds)

Quarter pipe (half of a half pipe, put 2 opposite each other to create a half pipe if wanted)

Cork screw left and right (ramp that curves to help cause barrel rolls)

Wing suit - allows you to glide through the air like a human glider. The mechanic is already there (play michaels acid trip sequence), just need the suit.

xX_HailHydra_Xx

Squeeze into that spandex jump suit, you're about to become one of the world-famous stunt drivers!

The Daredevil Update would be a fairly substantial update featuring new vehicles, racing modes, clothing and creator mode content.

Race Mode: Elimination

Elimination is a new racing mode in which you can be eliminated from the race as a result of certain criteria. As one example, destroying your vehicle.

Aside from the usual options available when hosting a race, if Elimination mode is selected, you will see several new options to customize the experience.

Respawns - Off, 1, 2, 3, up to 10. This limits the number of chances players will get in an Elimination Race.

Elimination Type - Last Place, Road Rage, Trail Blazer - This sets the type of Elimination race, as described below:

Types of races:

Last Place - A timer will repeatedly count down from 10, and when it reaches zero, the player in last place will be eliminated and awarded for the position they were in when they were eliminated. This continues until the race ends, or until there is only one player left. This is compatible with Point to Point, Lap, or Rally races.

Road Rage - If your vehicle is destroyed, you're out. If your vehicle hasn't moved in 15 seconds, you're out. This can be used for regular races, or players can create demolition derby style arenas. This can be used for normal style races, or a new creator option for "arena" races can eliminate the lap requirement and instead impose a time limit/score count.

Trailer Blazer/King of the Hill - Taking a cue from Driver: San Francisco, Trailer Blazer/King of the Hill requires all racers to remain inside a glowing circle moving along the road at speed. Whenever you're not inside the circle, a progress bar begins to fill. It only stops when you're in the circle, and does not deplete. When your bar fills, you're eliminated. The goal is to stay in the circle and force the other players out while traveling down the road. The alternate version of this, King of the Hill, is for arena races. The circle is stationary and players must push each other out. The top of Maze Bank would be ideal for this, as a sudden death event.

Race Mode: Stunt

Stunt mode is straight forward. You are awarded points for air time, flips, spins, wheelies, stoppies, flying under bridges, flying upside down, etc. The person with the most points when the time runs out is the winner.

Stunt mode can be played using the whole map, during a check point race, or in an arena.

Creator Mode content:

Creator Mode will be adorned with new options and content for creating races.

First up is the addition of new vehicle classes to the race creator. This retroactively applies to existing races, as well.

Now, you can race buses! And semi trucks! And semi trucks - WITH TRAILERS ATTACHED! And pick up trucks with trailers, vans, heavy equipment, etc. All vehicles are now available to race with, although you still cannot customize vehicles to do not own.

Imagine being able to race pick up trucks hauling trailers, and eliminating the other players by knocking off their trailer. Now imagine the same thing, only with semi trucks!

Arena Mode

When in the race creator menu, select course type: Arena to create an arena.

Arenas are specific areas in which player are confined during the competition. Be it a demolition derby, king of the hill or stunt competition, players must make use of the area available to them. There are no check points, no finish line, only a timer.

NEW! Los Santos International is now open for custom job creation! Make use of the wide open space or the figure-8 layout of the runway to create some interesting and exciting new jobs!

New Vehicles

Bloodring Banger - The Bloodring Banger is a stripped down, reinforced version of one of several existing vehicles, such as the Emperor, Picador, Sabre, Buccaneer, and more. You can select the variation you prefer if Bloodring Banger is the vehicle CLASS chosen for the event. Performance is almost identical between the variants.

Declasse Stallion - The legendary Stallion finally makes its appearance in GTA V.

Imponte Faction - Nothing says ironic like putting a ridiculously powerful motor in a car designed for the elderly.

Karin Kuruma X - Sensible family cars are for losers, which is why Karin has outfitted its mundane Kuruma with a turbo-4 cylinder engine and all wheel drive.

Vapid Clover - The kind of old school muscle car that TV show detectives love.

Mr. Whoopee - San Andreas finally lifts its ban on portable ice-cream vendors!

Clothing

Spandex Jump Suit - Available in National Flag liveries.

Spandex Jump Suit with cape - Available in National Flag liveries.

Stunt helmet - Available in National Flag liveries

Stunt goggles - Comes in black or white.

Full Racing Suit - Available in several different colors. Full suit includes matching helmet, gloves, one-piece fire suit and racing shoes.

Racing Fire Suit - Purchase the suit by itself and mix and match gloves, helmet and shoes.

Racing Helmet 1, 2, 3 - 3 different styles of helmet, available in multiple colors.

Actually, this update idea is fairly decent :lol:

CarnageRacing00

Added some new ideas to the first post.

The more I think about it, the more I think this update NEEDS to happen.

• 1 year later...
CarnageRacing00

Bumping this to the top, just curious to see how close it is to the OFFICIAL Cunning Stunts update... I guess my second idea for a title was spot on!

:monocle:

• Like 4