2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Test Drive Mode

CarnageRacing00

CarnageRacing00

We've all done it... Spent half a fortune on a car only to learn that, when used as one uses a car in free roam, it's just no good. I learned that with my beautiful Turismo. Gorgeous car... Fast... But, try to take short cuts to escape a pursuer and find yourself front flipping or stopping dead because the lower front spoiler snagged the curb.

Yeah, I suppose you could simply test the cars out in single player. But why? Why should you have to?

What if, when you call Lester to locate a car, you get to choose the car? ANY car of ANY type?

It would not be able to be sold, you would have to return it after 24 in game hours, and any and all mods purchased for it would be refunded upon returning the car.

But what if it gets destroyed? Well, when you select the car you want Lester to locate, you will be asked if you want renters insurance, for an extra fee. Of course this would be the smart thing to do if you plan on modding the car at all... Because if it's destroyed and you don't have insurance, you will not be refunded for the mods you installed.

I think this would just be a nice little thing to include so players can actually make informed decisions on car purchases. Knowing how a car treats you when a relentless bounty hunter is after you would be helpful, and that's something you can't experience in single player.

The same would apply for helicopters, planes and boats - excluding the Buzzard, Annihilator, Lazer and Rhino.

SP. But why? Why should you have to? Is there a higher purpose for it? Why can't people fly? Why can't i switch in SP? Maybe i'm lazy? Maybe i am.

Maybe this is the Reason. Yes.

• Like 2

AceThaCreator

I mentioned this concept a while as a way to give the consumers a taste of what they on spending their hard earned cash(chuckled a bit) on. You get 3 minutes to test drive every gameday(24min) and it puts you in ghost mode(same as non contact) so it cant be destroyed by other players.

SP needs a mechanic and insurance, more people would test things.

since launch i have been testing my cars in sp without mechanic or insurance without any issue, so i dont see how this would make any difference.

What if, when you call Lester to locate a car, you get to choose the car? ANY car of ANY type?

It would not be able to be sold, you would have to return it after 24 in game hours, and any and all mods purchased for it would be refunded upon returning the car.

But what if it gets destroyed? Well, when you select the car you want Lester to locate, you will be asked if you want renters insurance, for an extra fee. Of course this would be the smart thing to do if you plan on modding the car at all... Because if it's destroyed and you don't have insurance, you will not be refunded for the mods you installed.

this would defeat the purpose of buying cars.

why would i spend $1,200,000 buying and modding an adder when i can simply use lester feature to locate a car for $1k, drop an extra $$$ for insurance... all refundable!

makes no sense!

CarnageRacing00

this would defeat the purpose of buying cars.

why would i spend $1,200,000 buying and modding an adder when i can simply use lester feature to locate a car for $1k, drop an extra $$$ for insurance... all refundable!

makes no sense!

Because a) it wouldn't be yours, b) there would be a cool down period, c) you would end up spending more money in the long run, d) a rented car won't come back when destroyed, insured or not.

Any more questions?

Did you miss the part you bolded where I said you will NOT be refunded if the car is destroyed without insurance?

How about this, returning the car only pays out 75% of what you paid toward mods?

Rental prices scale based on car price.

Insurance also scales based on car price.

How about not being able to mod it at all, and not having insurance either? And if it gets destroyed, you're sh*t outta luck?

Edited by MichiganMuscle77

What I really want in the ability to see different paint combinations without having to buy them.

CarnageRacing00

Just test it out in single-player and quit your bitching FFS.

Who's bitching? Sounds like you are, IMO.

Just test it out in single-player and quit your bitching FFS.

Who's bitching? Sounds like you are, IMO.

Keep it civil please.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

indeed, i woud love such a mode :O

even if you have to pay per min testing some amount of money :)

CarnageRacing00

Honestly, just simplify it entirely - let us pick the car we want Lester to locate.

You have 12 in game hours with it.

Go past that time without returning it, someone is sent to repo the car (like the mugger), and it may get violent.

You must repair damage before returning the car, or pay double for damage if you return it unrepaired.

You may respray rentals and fit bulletproof tires. No other mods.

Single player IS test drive mode. Select the car (free provided it's DLC content), go to LSC and purchase ANY mods you want and well...drive?

The issue with a 'test drive' feature In Online would be the likelihood of people finding glitches that allow them to store the vehicle in garages free of charge.

Single player IS test drive mode. Select the car (free provided it's DLC content), go to LSC and purchase ANY mods you want and well...drive?

The issue with a 'test drive' feature In Online would be the likelihood of people finding glitches that allow them to store the vehicle in garages free of charge.

Exactly. Go into SP, try it out to your heart's content, turn autosave off and no Worries. I'm sick of people treating GTA like's is an open world game specifically designed for driving, when it's not. Whilst it is titled Gran Theft Auto, The physics aren't precise enough to class it as such and the attention to the vehicle's details is lacking (See recent reuse of assets DLC packs).

Your game life would be so much better MM77 if you learned how to play within the game.

Anyone can make an informed choice when buying a car.

Sooo many forum posts about cars.

Don't even need to test in SP

CarnageRacing00

Exactly. Go into SP, try it out to your heart's content, turn autosave off and no Worries. I'm sick of people treating GTA like's is an open world game specifically designed for driving, when it's not. Whilst it is titled Gran Theft Auto, The physics aren't precise enough to class it as such and the attention to the vehicle's details is lacking (See recent reuse of assets DLC packs).

Are you absolutely kidding me? The game is and always has been centered around cars, and the cars in this game are far more detailed than any other open world game in existence.

The game wouldn't be called Grand Theft Auto if cars weren't the main staple. It would be called Saints Row or True Crime or Sleeping Dogs or Watch Dogs. But no, it's Grand Theft AUTO, and owning and customizing your own vehicles is a huge part of it.

Why else can we save 20 custom vehicles?

As far as using single player for test drives, I already explained why that's not sufficient.

I am REALLY surprised so many of you are so ass-pained over my idea. Can't figure it out, other than you must just be bitter, miserable people filled with hatred and contempt for everything.

SP needs a mechanic and insurance, more people would test things.

since launch i have been testing my cars in sp without mechanic or insurance without any issue, so i dont see how this would make any difference.

it would make car collecting in SP a lot more Viable since you would have a lot more room and would not have to risk losing a car forever every time you take it out for a drive.

but they won't because cash cards (as usual) XD

Edited by Zwenkwiel

iLikeDrivinInMyTruck

Would've been great for completing stunt jumps, instead I had to use a taxi on most.

Master a Hot Knife and you can drive anything....

or a ratloader, damn thing acts like a steam train.

OT:

would use it for cars I need for very short period. I don't need to test them but I would like to drive a panto once a month.

HollywoodVice

Never had problem with any car I bought because I had the common sense to test out in SP first.

Also, never had curb problems with my Turismo. You either suck at driving or were trying to jump a curb at 2 mph...

CarnageRacing00

Never had problem with any car I bought because I had the common sense to test out in SP first.

Also, never had curb problems with my Turismo. You either suck at driving or were trying to jump a curb at 2 mph...

BS. My Turismo would scrape pulling out of my garage, and at LSC. Certain curbs are tall enough to catch the front lip, but all other cars can drive over. If you've never experienced this driving your Turismo, you either don't have it lowered, don't drive much, don't drive it hard, or you're lying. Feel free to challenge me to see who the better driver is, I love a good race. Edited by MichiganMuscle77

Honestly I don't think the cars handle differently enough to warrant such a feature being implemented, there are a few exceptions but on the whole I don't think its necessary. Rockstar did a good job of making cars feel unique but to an extent to where this feature is necessary in my opinion.

Thompson.png

HollywoodVice

BS. My Turismo would scrape pulling out of my garage, and at LSC. Certain curbs are tall enough to catch the front lip, but all other cars can drive over. If you've never experienced this driving your Turismo, you either don't have it lowered, don't drive much, don't drive it hard, or you're lying. Feel free to challenge me to see who the better driver is, I love a good race.Whoa, ease up there Speedracer. Don't got be all uber defensive and then get all "I'm a badass racer" on me.

First, I don't accept virtual challenges, proves nothing. My Turismo is lowered. Used it a lot. I earn all my money so when I put my dough down on a ride I drive that bitch damn near til the wheels fall off. Like I said unless going too slow, curves have not been a problem. I drive fast and hop a lot of curbs and never had one just nose stop me on a dime

The ONLY time the low stance got me was when one time it spawned behind Martin's on the gravel road right on a center hump...had to run get another car and smash it off the hump. Friends were all "the f* u doin man?" I'm like, "my f* car is stuck on a little gravel hump..."Lol :)

CrysisAverted

I will admit curbs are the Turismo's worst but I personally never had any issues outrunning people in it

I am REALLY surprised so many of you are so ass-pained over my idea. Can't figure it out, other than you must just be bitter, miserable people filled with hatred and contempt for everything.

Well that escalated far too quickly..

don ovdi' island

SMH. this has been mentioned numerous times before. Good idea on paper but don't see it actually working out.