2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

MehdiFR

Who Would Have Been A Better Main Antagonist?

Who Would Have Been A Better Main Antagonist?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Between The Secondary-Titled Antagonists:

• James "Jimmy" Pegorino
    • Darko Brevic
    • Ray Bulgarin

MehdiFR

In Grand Theft Auto IV, I have always thought that Dimitri Rascalov, the Main Antagonist, was pretty weak.

So, in your opinion, who would have been a better Main Antagonist? James "Jimmy" Pegorino, the Secondary Antagonist (even though he becomes the Main Antagonist, if the Revenge Ending is chosen)? Darko Brevic, the Tertiary Antagonist? Or Ray Bulgarin, the Quaternary Antagonist (who is the Main Antagonist, in Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad Of Gay Tony)?

You choose. ;)

In my opinion, James "Jimmy" Pegorino is the best Antagonist, in Video Game History. :)

GTA_Sharpshooter

"Secondary"?

dognuts

Ray Bulgarin, but Dimitri was still a great antagonist...

***I also wouldn't want Darko as the main one at all. First time playing GTA IV, i figured we were going to have a huge boss battle against That Special Someone. Turned out, it was a simple decision to kill a useless junkie or spare him. And that turned into one of, if not my favorite moment in GTA history.

Edited by thekillerdonuts

MehdiFR

Yeah, sorry, guys, my PC bugged and it ported the Topic to Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes From Liberty City. I think that it's time to buy a new one.

The Secondary-Titled Antagonists are the Antagonists who come after the Main Antagonist. :)

Edited by MehdiFR

Sawnek

I voted for Ray Bulgarin, after his appearance in GTA IV, I figured he would have been the main/secondary antagonist alongside Bulgarin. After all, Bulgarin was hunting for Niko, but he never becomes a problem for Niko. Imagine at Roman's wedding, a car pulls up, and the window rolls down, Ray Bulgarin unloads his AK-47 onto the crowd - instead of Pegorino. Having Bulgarin come back as a bigger problem would lead to a far more satisfying ending.

MehdiFR

I voted for Ray Bulgarin, after his appearance in GTA IV, I figured he would have been the main/secondary antagonist alongside Bulgarin. After all, Bulgarin was hunting for Niko, but he never becomes a problem for Niko. Imagine at Roman's wedding, a car pulls up, and the window rolls down, Ray Bulgarin unloads his AK-47 onto the crowd - instead of Pegorino. Having Bulgarin come back as a bigger problem would lead to a far more satisfying ending.

I don't think that Ray Bulgarin would do that, since he already had problems, with Anthony "Gay Tony" Prince and Luis Fernando Lopez, at the moment. I always thought that James "Jimmy" Pegorino made a great Main Antagonist, in the Revenge Ending (it is revealed to be the true Grand Theft Auto IV Ending, in Grand Theft Auto V, since you can see Roman Bellic's LifeInvader Profile). :)

Edited by MehdiFR

Webster.

After all, Bulgarin was hunting for Niko, but he never becomes a problem for Niko. Imagine at Roman's wedding, a car pulls up, and the window rolls down, Ray Bulgarin unloads his AK-47 onto the crowd - instead of Pegorino. Having Bulgarin come back as a bigger problem would lead to a far more satisfying ending.

:^: Exactly

He seemed like a huge problem, but you barely hear from him again. Apparently, Jimmy Pegorino becomes a bigger problem for Niko yet Niko practically escaped from his home country because of Bulgarin

MehdiFR

Ray Bulgarin, but Dimitri was still a great antagonist...

***I also wouldn't want Darko as the main one at all. First time playing GTA IV, i figured we were going to have a huge boss battle against That Special Someone. Turned out, it was a simple decision to kill a useless junkie or spare him. And that turned into one of, if not my favorite moment in GTA history.

I didn't like Dimitri Rascalov. He was a bad Main Antagonist (if the Revenge Ending is not chosen), in my opinion.

simonp92

Dimitri was a great antagonist. I really liked him before turned on Niko. I could sympazise with his problems with the loose Cannon Faustin, and the conflict he felt towards killing him. After that, I liked how Dimitri kept showing up: the kidnapping of Roman, the blackmailing of Bernie and Bryce and the final deal. That way the player was constantly reminded to hate the guy, even with all the other things going on.

If I had to choose though, I would have had Bulgarin as the main antagonist. It was great having him in TBOGT, as that tied the stories closer together. To me they shouldn't change a thing about the antagonists in GTA IV + EFLC. They all worked great,

unlike the antagonists of GTA V.

EDIT: MedhiFR. There's no canon ending of GTA IV. Even if Roman does have a lifeinvader page in GTA V. Perhaps he had one before his death? Perhaps Mallorie or Brucie made one for him after his death? Why don't know this 100%, so it's still very much up to the player which ending is the real one.

Edited by simonp92

MehdiFR

Dimitri was a great antagonist. I really liked him before turned on Niko. I could sympazise with his problems with the loose Cannon Faustin, and the conflict he felt towards killing him. After that, I liked how Dimitri kept showing up: the kidnapping of Roman, the blackmailing of Bernie and Bryce and the final deal. That way the player was constantly reminded to hate the guy, even with all the other things going on.

If I had to choose though, I would have had Bulgarin as the main antagonist. It was great having him in TBOGT, as that tied the stories closer together. To me they shouldn't change a thing about the antagonists in GTA IV + EFLC. They all worked great,

unlike the antagonists of GTA V.

EDIT: MedhiFR. There's no canon ending of GTA IV. Even if Roman does have a lifeinvader page in GTA V. Perhaps he had one before his death? Perhaps Mallorie or Brucie made one for him after his death? Why don't know this 100%, so it's still very much up to the player which ending is the real one.

Why do people misspell my name as "MedhiFR"? It's "MehdiFR"! XD

Anyway, I think that the Revenge Ending is the Canon Ending, since putting Roman as one of Niko's LifeInvader Friends pretty much sums it up. I'm pretty sure that RockStar will soon confirm this.

Also, isn't James "Jimmy" Pegorino supposed to be the Main Antagonist (and the Final Boss), if the Revenge Ending is chosen?

Edited by MehdiFR

XxENG1ANDXx

Darko by far, because the entire came is about Niko's past and his immigration to the U.S. So it would only make sense to make the man that betrayed Niko and all of his friends the main antagonist.

PhillBellic

Ray Bulgarin. He should have been killed by Niko and not Luis, in my opinion.

MehdiFR

Darko by far, because the entire came is about Niko's past and his immigration to the U.S. So it would only make sense to make the man that betrayed Niko and all of his friends the main antagonist.

Ray Bulgarin. He should have been killed by Niko and not Luis, in my opinion.

Yes, but, Darko Brevic is a weakling and Ray Bulgarin was fighting with Tony "Gay Tony" Prince and Luis Fernando Lopez.

iiCriminnaaL 49

Darko is surely a major enemy of Niko, and was Niko's goal to get to Darko and kill him, but that doesn't really make him a fitting secondary nor main antagonist, because he doesn't even fight Niko.

The way I see it, Ray Bulgarin would've been the most fitting main antagonist of Niko, due to the fact that one of the major reasons which led Niko to leave his country is Bulgarin, not to mention that Dimitri's betrayal happened for Bulgarin himself. Dimitri could've been the secondary antagonist, just after Ray, who should've been the main one.

Copcaller

Nothing against Dimitri but Niko should have had the honor of killing Ray not Luis.