2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

10/16  Event

SimsDaniel916

SimsDaniel916

This topic is regarding the 10/16 Apple event. At this event, Apple announced the iPad Air 2, the 5K Resolution iMac and they announced that iPhone 6/6 Plus users will be getting Apple Pay via the IOS 8.1 update on Monday.

You can watch the whole Keynote here: http://www.apple.com/apple-events/2014-oct-event/

h264_endframe.jpg

0DfI5HJ.jpg

Apple-Pay-image-courtesy-Apple.jpg

Edited by SimsDaniel916
vfMenzx.jpg

What'd you put in the title? It's showing up as a small box for me.

I don't expect much from this event. Another tablet with not-so-great specs. They'll have to top the Nexus 9.

VWSTp.png

SimsDaniel916

What'd you put in the title? It's showing up as a small box for me.

I don't expect much from this event. Another tablet with not-so-great specs. They'll have to top the Nexus 9.

It was an Apple and I agree. I'm obviously a huge Apple fanboy and these pathetic iPad releases are having me buy a Nexus 9.

vfMenzx.jpg

Ah, then you probably used an Emoji or something :p

I can't wait to see the outrageous price for this. I'd be super surprised if they matched the price of the Nexus 9. Then there's gonna be some real competition.

"Your browser doesn't support our video stream" ...wut?

Edited by Android

VWSTp.png

SimsDaniel916

"Your browser doesn't support our video stream" ...wut?

Apple only allows streaming support on their browser Safari sadly.

vfMenzx.jpg

LOL. That's hilarious. I'll download it just for this event.

VWSTp.png

I wonder if this one can bend

VWSTp.png

SimsDaniel916

New iMac announced and it's 5K not 4K! I'm just hoping the 5K is the resolution and not $5K.

Edited by SimsDaniel916
vfMenzx.jpg

$399 for the iPad Mini 3, available in Gold, Silver, and Black. I smell competition in the air.

VWSTp.png

kipakolonyasi

isn't iPad exactly an iPhone with bigger screen minus GSM capabilities? if it's so (if i'm not missing something) now with these new big screen iPhones, iPad is more useless than ever

FranklinDeRoosevelt

iMac is a piece of over-priced junk. LOL.

As for the iPad mini 3, it's still a rip off considering it's a f*cking mini and the specs are sh*t. Nexus 9 will be dominating for the next few years in the tablet market.

I can't believe they're still supporting the first ipad mini. It's an iPad 2 basically, outdated hardware.

I cannot believe they're mass producing such a uncommon display. I don't see any point in using a 5K display :facedesk: It's clearly developed and produced by Apple themselves, that's why the price went up so much.

VWSTp.png

Doland J. Trump

Steve Jobs would have definitely just fired Craig. That was embarrassing.

Let's be honest though, Craig's the only one with a real personality on that stage though.

All in all it was a bit disappointing, the new iPads are meh, the 5k iMac is pretty nice although I have no interest in buying one. My iPhone 6, iPad 3 and MBP are doing me just fine for now :)

I don't like the idea of an internal SIM imo. Sure, it would save people with having to swap cards and so on, and SIMs are on the market for twenty or so years, but the business model is sketchy, and migrating between devices is even more. Say, if you have an existing SIM card, it would be an inconvenience for myself, and especially those in developing countries, to request for a number transfer to a SIM card-less device.

76561198000404928.png

http://blog.gsmarena.com/ipad-mini-3-ipad-mini-2013-touchid/

Hmm....

Apple’s iPad, iMac and OS X Yosemite event is now all done and as we reflect on it there were many highs, plenty of innovation even, but one particularly low point – the new iPad mini 3.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Apple gave the new iPad Air 2 a heap of time on stage because of its new 8MP iSight camera, its over the top 6.1mm frame, its new A8X chipset, its TouchID home button and its gold option. And the iPad mini 3 got a couple of quick slides – as if the company didn’t want to talk about it. And after digging a bit deeper into its specs sheet we think we know why – that’s by far the smallest step forward a device has needed a year to take. No A8X chipset, no new display or camera, no new thinner body but hey, you get TouchID (which is yet to prove it’s worth anything on a tablet) and cool golden version now.

The Apple iPad mini 2 made a lot of sense when it first came out. It replaced an iPad mini that was nothing more than a rushed, old iPad 2 fit into a smaller body. The mini 2 ushered-in the Retina display and shared the all-important 64-bit A7 chipset with the iPad Air. The same chipset it now shares with the iPad mini 3, its successor, only it doesn’t look nearly as impressive in 2014. It begs the question, what has the iPad mini team been doing this past year?

The news isn’t all bad – if you want a very good iPad mini with Retina display and decent chipset the iPad mini 2 has gotten $100 cheaper.

What Apple is doing is taking away the option to have a great compact iPad tablet with properly powerful internals and top-notch screen. If you want the spanking new iSight camera or latest mobile chipset by Apple in your hands you have the single option of iPad Air 2.

Last year’s iPad lineup was a happy dynamic duo that shared all its key selling points. This year saw Apple enabling the iPad Air 2 to bully the iPad mini 3 and keep the goods for itself. Even the iPhone 6 Plus will rightfully look down on its larger but obviously less gifted stablemate.

The latest iPad mini saw the company voluntarily give up on the compact tablet battle, by serving us a half-baked excuse of an upgrade. In a market which evolves every day and week, serving a quickly repainted last-year’s device is no way to maintain your lead.

Edited by Android

VWSTp.png

Evolution of iPad in one .gif -

P2cQUlP.gif

• Like 1

VWSTp.png

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Seriously, the punchlines they're coming up with the products are cringeworthy as f*ck.

iPad Air 2: Change is in the air

iPhone 6: Bigger than Bigger

iMac: With Retina 5k display

That GIF is hilarious. There's literally been no evolution in the iPad series since the first one, not even a bit. All they've done is market them with different names and made em slightly thinner. It's a proper con.

I actually like devices being thick. The original iPad was fine, there was no need for this extra thin bullsh*t. I don't want to hold something with thickness similar to a pencil. That get's uncomfortable after a while.

VWSTp.png

Doland J. Trump

Seriously, the punchlines they're coming up with the products are cringeworthy as f*ck.

That GIF is hilarious. There's literally been no evolution in the iPad series since the first one, not even a bit. All they've done is market them with different names and made em slightly thinner. It's a proper con.

If you dislike Apple so much, why are you here?

• Like 1

I'm not really a fan of Apple, I respect them, but I don't think they're doing the "right" things in order to maintain their place in the industry.

VWSTp.png

FranklinDeRoosevelt

If you dislike Apple so much, why are you here?

Hah, the repetitive accusation of hating Apple. Sorry to say, but it's pure logic to realise how iPad is the same sh*t every year, full stop. No differences whatsoever. sh*t specs. If you can't see that, it's kind of obvious why Apple are still following the same strategy ever since. However, I like their software and how optimized it is. I really like their phones as well, it's just that there's not much improvement with each gap.

Not to be rude @AndrewDeSanta it's because he can. Apple's iOS is great, just that there's no real improvement, especially the 5s to 6 and 6 plus other than screen size.

SimsDaniel916

Not to be rude @AndrewDeSanta it's because he can. Apple's iOS is great, just that there's no real improvement, especially the 5s to 6 and 6 plus other than screen size.

I will agree that the iPhone upgrades need to have a longer list of new additions but saying that the only upgrade from the 5S to the 6 is the screen size is pretty ignorant. Apple Pay, improved processor, improved camera, greatly improved display with a polarizer and I could keep going on with improvements.

• Like 1
vfMenzx.jpg

I really like the idea of Apple Pay and how it works - I just hate how the media has covered it In the news...

"WILL APPLE PAY REPLACE YOUR CREDIT CARD..."

"APPLE PAY IS THE NEWEST WAY TO USE YOUR CREDIT CARD"

like, uh, no.. the best way to use your credit card, is to actually use the physical credit card. I hate how people are gonna use this and just keep their cards at home.

Not practical at all.

P.S You should get a mod to rename this to "Apple - October Event" or something.

Edited by Android

VWSTp.png

SimsDaniel916

like, uh, no.. the best way to use your credit card, is to actually use the physical credit card. I hate how people are gonna use this and just keep their cards at home.

Not practical at all.

How is it that you find it to be not practical? It's obviously faster as rather than going through your wallet you just quickly scan your fingerprint on your phone. In addition, unlike sliding a credit card your card information including your name is not shared with the merchant.

Enhanced speed, convenience and security makes it very practical.

vfMenzx.jpg

Payment via NFC is a joke from a security perspective. I really hope the whole thing falls flat on it's arse. Contactless payment as a concept panders to the lazy and ignorant, trading huge amounts of data security for a tiny increase in practicality.

We've pissed about with using NFC tags for transmitting malware silently. It's laughably easy. Convince a few hundred people to tap their phone for "payment" and you've built yourself an iOS botnet. All for the cost of about £10.

Fun little Apple Pay security analysis by FireEye.

That 5k iMac makes the Mac Pro look like good value for money.

• Like 2

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.65GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN/Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4