1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Cell Tennyson

Graphics Corruption In certain places.

Question

Cell Tennyson

Hi Friends!! :)

I am having a problem with Vice City game. When i go to certain places in Vice City like the Stadium, Malibu Club and etc. the whole vice city game's textures get corrupted however the game runs, it does not crash though. But those textures get messed up that annoys.. What is this problem actually?? Is there a way to fix it like any patches or something?? :panic:

Below are some pictures of the problem:-

gtaphi10.jpg

gtaphi11.jpg

gtaphi12.jpg

gtaphi13.jpg

MrPeteyMax

That ambulance actually looks pretty cool.

Do you have any mods installed?

Harerama Chakraborty

Seemingly you have a mod installed, uninstall it.

The game looks pretty messed up, if you don't have any mods installed try re-installing the game.

The car in this image looks just like the Sentinel from GTA 3.

gtaphi12.jpg

Edited by Harerama Chakraborty

Cell Tennyson

No removing Mod does not fix this problem i have tried that.. :/

MrPeteyMax

You mean you've already tried removing the mod? If you had to remove a mod, I'd just reinstall the whole thing.

Cell Tennyson

I've re install the whole thing but still this problem persists. This annoys me when i am doing paramedics mission in "Downtown" when i pass through the Hyman Stadium the whole game gets messed up also when i am nearby that area.. :/:/

MrMateczko

Well, R* did made a 1.1 patch, to fix as they call "Graphic Corruption", you can download it here:

http://updates.rockstargames.com/patches/vicecity/vicepatch_11.zip

If that doesn't work, try different video card drivers, are any other games on your PC messed up also?

Edited by MrMateczko

Cell Tennyson

Yes Project Igi has also messed up, i did notice that this problem started to happen after the installation of my New Nvidia graphics card. Vice city gets corrupted at some places but before the installation of graphics card it used to work fine. I will see whether this patch will fix it or not.

by the way have you played Battle City MrMateczko?? :):D

Spuds725

The patch is obsolete (unless you have an old PC, an old card, and have never updated the drivers)

First thing I would do is delete your .Set file (settings)... especially if you have updated your video card after that settings file was created....it could be trying to run the game in the settings of your old card... deleting it will make the game run in default settings mode...

From the Buglist with Solutions thread (pinned in this section)....

Problem #21:During gameplay, the sky constantly flickers and the menu appears messy with horizontal and vertical lines as well as annoying character maps.

Solution: Update your video drivers. Yes, this is stated in the above introduction, but is particularly relevant with this problem. You do not require the 1.1 patch. This has been since outdated by updated video card drivers, and installing it will achieve nothing.

Alternatively: Toggle the frame limiter (if it's off, turn it on, and if it's on, turn it off). This is achieved by going to the pause menu -> Display Setup -> Frame Limiter. Also, have a fiddle with the draw distance settings.

Alternatively: Experiment with different resolutions in display setup, and a different colour quality (16/32 bit)

Alternatively: Set the compatibility mode of the executable file to 'Windows 98'. Do so by: right-clicking gta-vc.exe (default: C:Program FilesRockstar GamesGrand Theft Auto Vice Citygta-vc.exe) -> Properties -> Compatibility tab -> check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:', and select 'Windows 98 / Windows Me' from the drop-down menu. Apply, OK. And as pictures speak a thousand words, click here.

Alternatively: For nVIDIA cards, go into the Forceware Control Panel and set every DirectX/3D settings to be "Application" as well as "High Performance". For ATi cards, go into the Catalyst Control Centre and set every DirectX/3D settings to be "Application Preference" as well as "High Performance". You might want to play around with the VSync and the Refresh Rate as well, in addition to things like Double/Triple Buffering and Bilinear/Trilinear Filtering. Note: If your graphics card driver doesn't come with a display companion, check these settings in 'dxdiag.exe' (Display tab) or 'Display Properties' in the Control Panel. Also, some of the newer Radeon HD cards and the GeForce 8 series such as the infamous GeForce 8800GTS normally have advanced settings which affects older games. You should keep in mind that you might need to disable those features.<BR><BR>Advice: Uninstall older drivers before installing newer ones. It just might cause conflict with the older driver and then the graphics hardware renders horrendous graphics referred to as "sky flickering". So for example if you had a Radeon and you upgraded it to a GeForce 8 card, uninstall the driver for the Radeon before installing the newest drivers for the GeForce 8. Naturally, in such a scenario, the SET file should also be deleted.

Morena

The problem can be:

1-System Requirements not matching.

2-Download from faulty link.(Or if you have buy the game so maybe setup file is messed up)

3-Computer contain virus.(Because you said that your Project I.G.I is also is screw up)

If these problem are not matching so follow Spud's guide.

Edited by Morena

Cell Tennyson

Well my game is not pirated its genuine i bought it from amazon so there is no way the setup files are messed up. As i said it all started after the installation of my nividia graphics card and yes i never updated its drivers or something. Update size is too much and also it stops update when its about to get finished. I tried everything Mr Spuds mentioned but still that problem occurs.

At least i have come to know that it all happening because of the graphics card otherwise IGI and Vice City used to work fine when there was no graphics card.

Edit: Some More Screenshots of the problem..

gtaphi14.jpg

gtaphi15.jpg

gtaphi16.jpg

gta-vc10.png

Edited by Cell Tennyson

Morena

Well my game is not pirated its genuine i bought it from amazon so there is no way the setup files are messed up. As i said it all started after the installation of my nividia graphics card and yes i never updated its drivers or something. Update size is too much and also it stops update when its about to get finished. I tried everything Mr Spuds mentioned but still that problem occurs.

At least i have come to know that it all happening because of the graphics card otherwise IGI and Vice City used to work fine when there was no graphics card.

Edit: Some More Screenshots of the problem..

gtaphi14.jpg

gtaphi15.jpg

gtaphi16.jpg

gta-vc10.png

Click Here.

Edited by Morena

MrMateczko

Well, it looks like the GPU you bought is broken. If you can, try the GPU on a different computer, and see if same thing happens.

by the way have you played Battle City MrMateczko?? :):D

Yes, I did :)

Cell Tennyson

Of course my graphics card is pretty obsolete one its GPU is very low but Since Vice city works a little better when it is installed so i have no choice but to keep it installed because vice city used to slow down in rainy climate when there was no graphics card. But hey i have found the solution for this..

I was playing GTA VC and watching GTA Forums at the same time :p i alt tab out of GTA VC game and came to see forums after logging out when i went back into the game and saw everything was back to normal. So whenever i alt tab out of the game and then went back in the texture corruption gets fixed. It can be said a temporary fix because there is no way to stop this problem from happening again but still at least i can play.. :D

To solve this problem permanently i need an advanced Graphics card..which cost huge buckss :/

Morena

Which System Requirement are you having?

Cell Tennyson

Operating System
Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP2
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80GHz 48 °C
Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5KPL-AM/PS (Socket 775) 48 °C
Graphics
SyncMaster ([email protected])
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 210 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 54 °C
Hard Drives
932GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZRX-00A8LB0 (SATA) 40 °C
149GB SAMSUNG HD162GJ (SATA) 38 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP21
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

By Speccy...

Harerama Chakraborty

Operating System

Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP2

CPU

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80GHz 48 °C

Wolfdale 45nm Technology

RAM

4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-5-5-15)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5KPL-AM/PS (Socket 775) 48 °C

Graphics

SyncMaster ([email protected])

1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 210 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 54 °C

Hard Drives

932GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZRX-00A8LB0 (SATA) 40 °C

149GB SAMSUNG HD162GJ (SATA) 38 °C

Optical Drives

HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP21

Audio

NVIDIA High Definition Audio

By Speccy...

Do you have the problem with other GTA games?

Cell Tennyson

No this problem is only with GTA Vice city.. :/

Sergiu

Your specs are fine. There's only one possible problem, your motherboard and GPU are screwed. If not:

Try uninstalling the game and erasing every trace. Then play it.

Cell Tennyson

your specs are fine. There's only one possible problem, your motherboard and GPU are screwed. If not:

Yes i did that i uninstall and then i installed the game with all its original files still it happens. But when i bought one of my friends Graphics card (you people say GPU or video card) Amd HD 6770 that problem didn't happen. Motherboard isn't to be blamed here, the fault lies with my Nvidia graphics card i think AMD video cards are better than Nvidia cards..I guess i'll swich to AMD from now on.. :)

Morena

Create another computer account in Control Panel then check.

Cell Tennyson

Create another computer account in Control Panel then check.

What do you mean check what?? :catspider:

HeroBrineR007

If the game works

Sergiu

your specs are fine. There's only one possible problem, your motherboard and GPU are screwed. If not:

Yes i did that i uninstall and then i installed the game with all its original files still it happens. But when i bought one of my friends Graphics card (you people say GPU or video card) Amd HD 6770 that problem didn't happen. Motherboard isn't to be blamed here, the fault lies with my Nvidia graphics card i think AMD video cards are better than Nvidia cards..I guess i'll swich to AMD from now on.. :)

While it's subjective, I find Nvidia more fit for multiple games than AMD.

I think your GPU has gotten screwed over time. You may want to change hardware every 3-4 years.

Cell Tennyson

I think your GPU has gotten screwed over time. You may want to change hardware every 3-4 years.

That might be true since it has been years while i didn't change my GPU.. But when i played Vice city in AMD driver that problem didn't happen. Even it can't run igi properly.

igi_2010.jpg

Morena

Check some Youtube videos maybe that can help you?

Sergiu

That might be true since it has been years while i didn't change my GPU.. But when i played Vice city in AMD driver that problem didn't happen. Even it can't run igi properly.

That's not the point, it can be any brand, if it's busted, it is.

Cell Tennyson

How can youtube help about this bug i don't think there is a video about this bug also..

This problem is very rare if you're using some old drivers..

Morena

How can youtube help about this bug i don't think there is a video about this bug also..

This problem is very rare if you're using some old drivers..

I am having more weak computer but Vice City is working properly.

Cell Tennyson

I can also remove the video card and thus play vice city and igi without that bug.. But consequently i won't be able to play high quality games like Saints row 2 GTA IV, GTA 4 EFLC.. :/

Morena

Do you like Vice City? Instead of GTA IV & EFLC?