2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Peak Hour Traffic (6:00-10:00) (15:00-19:00) M-F

Einsteinbomb

Currently, traffic in GTA Online is nonexistent due to console limitations so we can zoom by the map by flooring it through any one of the highways on the map. But, as many of us know, traffic is going to vastly increase in GTA Online with the remastered version of GTA V coming out. While I'd love more traffic it'll only be a matter of time before it gets annoying and people start complaining about not being able to drag race down the highway at full speed with their Adder. Depending on the amount of traffic in the remastered version of GTA Online I thought that rush hour traffic could be contained at certain hours of the day on our highways. So, M-F (6:00-10:00) (15:00-19:00) game time we'd have full traffic, while traffic congestion would vastly ease on the highways before, between and after these hours in addition to the entire weekend.

Los_Santos_Traffic_-_GTAV.jpg

Edited by Einsteinbomb

Are you referring to the online portion? If you haven't noticed, the traffic density is lower online than it is in Story Mode, and with reason.

Yeah, I've been lobbying for this for a while. More traffic would make it a lot more immersive. f*ck the adder bitches.

• Like 2

SilkySkillz85

I hope they don't over do it.

More traffic is good and more immersive like Dinlee said but to much and it will just end up getting in the way all the time.

if you ask me, i think "denser traffic" thing would only apply to story mode.

there is no way they would add denser traffic to online.

they may spawn more parked cars but overall i think traffic wont change much, after all the game would have to handle 30 players, plus the foliage hahaha

Yes, please screw with the traffic.

I will enjoy the nerf the traffic threads.

Most people can barely drive as is.

• Like 2

I hope they add a slider so that we can adjust the traffic density on PS4/XONE like we can on IV in PC (but I highly doubt it'll happen, maybe in SP)

Its gonna be a pain in the ass to dodge them especially since they like making the worst turns possible when you get close to them smiley-angry012.gif

E•MO•TION

I'm almost certain that traffic congestion already changes throughout the day.

L8m1zfV.png

don ovdi' island

Can't wait to see 17 ballers, 9 zions and 4 declasse tornados on my tv.

While i like the idea in theory, it's pretty much going to be this. I know they said the traffic would be denser on current ten, but i would rather see a variety in just a few cars than 25 of the same cars on the screen.

Would be cool for traffic to be thick around 5 o clock and damn near nonexistent at 4 AM. However, currently, 99% of the time Los Santos traffic looks like it is at 4 AM.

they may spawn more parked cars but overall i think traffic wont change much, after all the game would have to handle 30 players, plus the foliage hahaha

Rockstar Games already confirmed that all the enhancements will apply to GTA Online as well.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52261/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Coming-this-Fall-to-PlayStation-4-Xbox

• Like 1

E•MO•TION

Rockstar Games already confirmed that all the enhancements will apply to GTA Online as well.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52261/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Coming-this-Fall-to-PlayStation-4-Xbox

Even animals?

I'll believe it when i see it.

L8m1zfV.png

Even animals?

I'll believe it when i see it.

Animals is a possibility but anything concrete has to come from Rockstar's Newswire. There was a leaked cache page from the Rockstar Support page last month that did mention animals, so have a look: http://i.imgur.com/g3C6Uxu.jpg.

Edited by Einsteinbomb

Are you referring to the online portion? If you haven't noticed, the traffic density is lower online than it is in Story Mode, and with reason.

I can guarantee that picture the OP posted from the trailer with all that traffic is OFFLINE.

We will see how many ignorant kids out there fall for R*'s lies with the next gen version

Traffic is lower online than in story mode, but it's enough to get in the way. I'm not looking forward to "denser traffic."

However I like the rush hour idea, and going along with it that in the middle of the night there would be pretty empty streets and highways (maybe more parked cars? that would make it somewhat realistic as well). The NPCs already seem to follow time of day, kind of, traffic doing the same would be cool.

• Like 1

don ovdi' island

First, i'd like to see an improvement in NPC driving. Because with the way they drive now, they'll just be crashing into each other causing huge pile ups to be a huge annoyance to real players. Seriously, worst traffic AI since the 3D days.

I'm very excited to see denser traffic in GTA Online.

Would bring more life to the world.

• Like 3

I can guarantee that picture the OP posted from the trailer with all that traffic is OFFLINE.

We will see how many ignorant kids out there fall for R*'s lies with the next gen version

Yes, the picture is indeed story mode. As far as I know Rockstar Games has not released any footage of GTA Online on next-gen or PC.

richard1997jones

I blame rockstar for having bigger lobbies.

KornbreadMaf1a

I hated the traffic in SP. Traffic is enough of a pain in the ass in real life that I don't want it in video games too.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

If they were talking online and tge trafic next gen is like current story mode trafic...i honestly dont think that many people are gonna like it :)

Sertainly if its also lagging and filled with pop ups half of the time at high speed :p

If they were talking online and tge trafic next gen is like current story mode trafic...i honestly dont think that many people are gonna like it :)

Sertainly if its also lagging and filled with pop ups half of the time at high speed :p

Adding traffic isn't all that bad, it's more of a sense of realism added to the game. But, I am concerned with the pop-in textures with the amount of traffic were expecting on next-gen and PC.

CrysisAverted

I just realized this because of the Fuel Thread but there are very little gas stations, you usually see 3-4 at some intersections but this doesn't exist in this game, immersion broken

I have never understood why R* consider denser traffic to be a selling point for GTA V on PS4/Xbone.

When you combine Server Lag with Inexperienced drivers Online, even traffic as dense as SP now would be a nightmare and only make the game less enjoyable...SP it is true we can use Franklin's Special Ability to weave in and out of traffic and with denser traffic this could get more interesting, but if you crash into one of the numerous NPC Vehicles that pull out in front of you, you go flying through the wind shield.

Edited by Relative007

One of the things that annoys me the most is every car on the street being one of Simeon's vehicles. I REALLY hope denser means more diverse or else it won't make much difference or be that big of an improvement.

I hope they don't over do it.

More traffic is good and more immersive like Dinlee said but to much and it will just end up getting in the way all the time.

I think they would need to re program the NPC AI before any kind of decent outcome could be achieved.

First, i'd like to see an improvement in NPC driving. Because with the way they drive now, they'll just be crashing into each other causing huge pile ups to be a huge annoyance to real players. Seriously, worst traffic AI since the 3D days.

I think setting A/B destinations for each car or "car type" that is spawned and give them a reasonable degree of variance in their following of the rules of the road would go a long way towards achieving this.

Car Types could be defined as both different cars and different types of drivers. You could have an Aggressive Commuter In a Station Wagon on the highway on his trip from Paleto Bay to Downtown LS to work at the LifeInvader building, When he arrives he park either in the non player LI garage or a local parking garage. Where his car would remain until the end of the business day and he drives back. Or a Cautious Housewife in a BMW Z3 going from her house in the Hills down to the Beach where she parks under the Pier in that lot. Etc.

I realize that the server lag is already an issue with the current Traffic AI and that this suggestion would provide considerable more stress on that system but if they don't want to push the envelope and raise the standard then whats the point of backing them?

I hated the traffic in SP. Traffic is enough of a pain in the ass in real life that I don't want it in video games too.

I think it would be cool, learning which streets are the least trafficked and using that to my advantage.

I just realized this because of the Fuel Thread but there are very little gas stations, you usually see 3-4 at some intersections but this doesn't exist in this game, immersion broken

I heard they are adding more gas stations too... jokes

One of the things that annoys me the most is every car on the street being one of Simeon's vehicles. I REALLY hope denser means more diverse or else it won't make much difference or be that big of an improvement.

Yeah, i definitely second that. Id also like to see Simeon up his game in general.

First of all, the HPV need to be legit cars Vacca, Carbo, Voltic -- a decent mix of super and sports. And maybe like once every never and adder or zentorno ( like 1/1000 odds ) and maybe you steal it from a variety of like 20 specific different people, who by the way probably dont care for you trying to steal their car. You might need to deck some of them, some kill, some put up no defense at all.

Secondly, the request method is kinda lame. HPV icon on map. Thats it. No communication or degree of ambiguity. Now if you were to get a text saying something to the effect of "Hey my boy, theres a car Ive been dying to get my hands on driving around Grove Street right now, fetch it for me and id be much obliged. Then a large gang attack type circle appears on your mini map when you are in the area. Maybe the car you are looking for is tagged on screen with an "S" icon or an arrow or something.

Finally, the cars that he requests via text are kinda boring in general. Unless hes asking for an F620 or something equally worth while I tend to ignore him an circle for a gang car spawn. Not really sure how I'd improve that at this point but it wouldn't hurt to do something more clever.

don ovdi' island

Just curious, but why do you compare every "realistic" aspect to this game to real life? Yeah, we all have to deal with annoyances IRL, such as traffic, stopping to get gas, police, etc. But I think the game would be better with more instances of realism. It wouldn't exactly destroy the playability of the game and you can't really compare real life to a game where you rob, kill, go on police chases, etc. Of course GTA isn't supposed to be just like real life, but i think certain aspects should be present to help add immersion. A game really isn't good unless you can put yourself in that environment.

I think setting A/B destinations for each car or "car type" that is spawned and give them a reasonable degree of variance in their following of the rules of the road would go a long way towards achieving this.

Car Types could be defined as both different cars and different types of drivers. You could have an Aggressive Commuter In a Station Wagon on the highway on his trip from Paleto Bay to Downtown LS to work at the LifeInvader building, When he arrives he park either in the non player LI garage or a local parking garage. Where his car would remain until the end of the business day and he drives back. Or a Cautious Housewife in a BMW Z3 going from her house in the Hills down to the Beach where she parks under the Pier in that lot. Etc.

I realize that the server lag is already an issue with the current Traffic AI and that this suggestion would provide considerable more stress on that system but if they don't want to push the envelope and raise the standard then whats the point of backing them?

I just don't understand why every car cuts into lanes the way they do. Yea i know R* said it's supposed to represent Cali's bad drivers. It's not just some of the cars, its damn near all the cars. Cars are predictable to do the unexpected. Tell me why oncoming cars will literally swerve into my lane and hit me head on. Etc etc.. I like the idea of cars living "lives" so to speak. Give traffic an actual destination. Now that would be interesting. But i thought parts of the map that were not occupied by players aren't loaded at every moment? I could be wrong.

Don't get me started on the Mini Coopers that suddenly get 10,000 lbs of torque and plow thru my truck like a freight train. Theres a lot of problems with this game that don't bother me in the least but the traffic pisses me off

Give traffic an actual destination. Now that would be interesting. But i thought parts of the map that were not occupied by players aren't loaded at every moment? I could be wrong.

Correct, it doesnt but that doesnt mean driver purpose cant be taken into consideration.

Drive takes 2min (1hour in game) to complete.

startTime = 6am,

arrivialTIme=7am

If a players spawn radius intersects where That NPC would be half way thru the trip, Then it spawns.

Player goes far enough away and the car despawns. If they plan to send 5 cars from paleto to LS at 6am they may need to spawn one or all.

whew, this is getting complicated. I cant imagine this being implemented but it is fun to think about.

I think the traffic they have in GTAO right now is perfect just the right amount on highways to keep you weaving in and out

Too much traffic will become a pain real quick