2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Gun Safe

IAMTHEARMAGEDON

IAMTHEARMAGEDON

In Online(and SP as well) the weapon wheel is getting increasingly cluttered, which isn't too bad on foot. But once you're in a car and you have to pass through (x) amount of pistols it gets annoying. Especially when you over tap by one and have to cycle through them all again, so a simple fix: a personal weapons safe in your safe house and/or Ammunations. Could also work as a galleria for guns.

What think fellow gamers?

Edited by IAMTHEARMAGEDON

Drop the ones you don't use.

/thread.

it would be better to have a case or display rack where you can take or store weapons in instead of having to go to ammunition every time you feel like using a different gun

• Like 3

i could dig it.

one weapon in each class (excluding grenades)

the rest of your weapons displayed in your apartment MIB style

the dynamic would be similar to PV's & garages

Edited by GEARHRT

I think this would work... as long as people wanting to carry everything are also permitted to do so.

• Like 1

ScooterEightyTwo

I like this idea.

And that's all I really have to say.

GrandMaster Smith

I think they should implement a gun safe in the trunk of your personal vehicle. Walk around to the boot, push left on the d-pad and open the cache of weapons.

I was thinking how cool it'd be to have weapon loadouts where you can select 3-4 weapons to carry on you similar to max payne's system but have a hard time seeing it work with GTA. Storing your weapons in the trunk would be cool though and put some use behind your PV's.

Sounds really good!

My weapon wheel (going clockwise from pistol) basically always is:

AP-pistol

Assault SMG/Combat MG

Carbine Rifle

Heavy Sniper

Knife

Heavy Shotgun

RPG

Sticky/Grenade

I'm sorry UZI but you're crap against the AP-pistol in a vehicle at least for me.

Whenever I throw it away though i.e. the UZI, I always end up running over a dead bad guy in a mission and getting it right back.

i really wish they add this...

lobby options, 3rd garage and gun safe would make me really happy.

R* logic add useless features like snapmatic double tap shotcut and lobby wide off radar notification... ignore features that are really needed by the community like lobby options and gun safes.

/thread.

if guns were free i'd support this idea, but even me being a millionaire, i just refuse to drop thousands of dollars worth of guns.

gun safes are a needed feature!

• Like 2

Crates Of Gold

I would also appreciate it if the game let me drop weapons without putting them right back in my weapon wheel moments later.

• Like 1

/thread.

Exactly what he said, I only carry the weapons I actually use, in the car for example all I have is a AP pistol, grenade and sticky bombs, AP Pistol is the best drive by gun

/thread.

It doesnt work.

Are you new to GTAO? To drop a weapon just bring up the weapon wheel and hold triangle for PS3 or Y for Xbox over the selected weapon to drop it, make sure you are on foot when you do it, and be standing still

Yes please and also a save / favorite that's based on situation would be great as well a car save, on foot save and helicopter save. So your auto equipped upon entering that condition. I hate that your wheel resets after loading a session, after a mission etc. Let's see pull sniper rifle thinking it's the heavy one.

Have dropped the Guns I do not use due to this. Surely our Weapons Preferences can be added to our "Cloud Save" so at least whichever Weapon you selected last in a particular class will be immediately available next time you login...I think an Update of small conveniences is needed for things like this.

/thread.

then have to buy them back if you do want them? hardly "/thread"

I think its a good idea, would really make things easier in my opinion. That way you could take one pistol, one shotgun, one AR, one sniper and maybe some explosives and that would be it.

Only doing the PS3 cause I know it.

Select > Below Deliver Personal Vehicle > Vehicle Weapon Preferences + Order > The rest is obvious, list the weapons you want in the car and the order you want them in.

Might have to have a separate one for bikes and choppers too as they allow you different options. Simple solution is simple. Don't think the on-person weapon wheel needs to be addressed.

The_darkest_side

No idea, though I would prefer the game had the ability to remember our previous weapon wheel choices, something I would have said was a no-brainer. But it's Rockstar, so it's a literal no-brainer.

IAMTHEARMAGEDON

As stated above you have to buy weapons back after you drop them. So just dropping them works if you have 10k-30k to blow every time you drop a weapon, I'd rather not do that. Plus I emphasize how cluttered it's gonna get after more DLC drops. Plus it would look tight in the apartment in the heist prep room. Deploy opinions ~

Edited by IAMTHEARMAGEDON

/thread.

It doesnt work.Exactly. I would pay good money to be able to drop the basic pistol once and for all.

How the f does it keep sneaking back to me!?

Edited by jiggaman1

Or perhaps a setting in the options menu allowing you to choose which weapons are available to scroll through while in the vehicle. That would probably be a lot easier to patch into an existing game.

I agree with this idea. I also think they could let you store copious amounts of sticky bombs, rpg rounds and body armor there.

Would be a great money sink for Kersh Kerds if you look at from rockstars pov. And a great way restock ammo without being vulnerable while shopping.

If they aren't going to use the heist planning wall in the apartments, then I'd like to be able to hang my weapons there. I have tons in my inventory I never use. I drop them, and then somehow they wind up back in my inventory again. It would be nice if the system prevented you from picking up any weapon that you already had "stored" on your wall.

One of the few good ideas this forum has come up with, even if it has been brought up many times before.

Exactly. I would pay good money to be able to drop the basic pistol once and for all.

How the f does it keep sneaking back to me!?

Hear hear. I haven't used that POS since I was Level 8, except accidentally.

The problem is the game automatically spawns you with it, so even dropping it only works for that session. Plus every cop, bad guy and his dog uses it, so keeping it out of your inventory is tough.

I would love to be able to store my unused weapons, but I'd settle for the ability to get them back from Ammu-nation for free - already works that way with the mods, so why not the guns themselves?

Oh, and a prompt requiring a deliberate, positive action if you want to pick up a gun on the ground.

Edited by God-eater

/thread.

Exactly what he said, I only carry the weapons I actually use, in the car for example all I have is a AP pistol, grenade and sticky bombs, AP Pistol is the best drive by gun

/thread.

It doesnt work.

Are you new to GTAO? To drop a weapon just bring up the weapon wheel and hold triangle for PS3 or Y for Xbox over the selected weapon to drop it, make sure you are on foot when you do it, and be standing still

Maybe you are new to GTA? Have you ever been able to drop Musket and Tommy Gun ? If not then GTFO!

i dont see the point in dropping weapons, you can never have too many guns

whether youve got them for free or bought them, it just seems a waste, theres always an occassion to use something in your arsenal

/thread.

I'd agree, but I literally can't drop the weapons I use the least.

Black Terminator

I support this idea, tired of going through guns that I don't even use. It would be nice to have a weapon and gun that I use daily without have to tap the buttons repetitively.