2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Visual map rendering issues / lag

ClippedWings

Since nobody is answering my questions in the help & support subforum I'm going to ask here in the general one, maybe someone will know.

Every time I play I keep constantly getting problems regarding map rendering, when I drive around with my car I can see through the ground, buildings are not fully loading and other items like that + freezy type of lag during those moments, this is especially prominent when I get near other players, when I'm further away from other people this is less likely to happen.

Is this somehow related to the quality of the internet connection or is there something wrong with my console (I'm on PS3 slim)? Sometime ago I remember clearing my cache, deleted all the patches and redownloading them, it didn't really work, same rendering crap still continued to happen..

Yes it comes from your console! It does not come from Rockstar, you should be ashamed to imply that it comes from the developers! The problem is you! Never Rockstar! If it does not come from your console, it comes from your connection! If it does not come from your connection, it comes from your router! If it does not come from your router, it comes from your provider! If it does not come from your provider, it comes from your country! But that does not come from Rockstar! It's never their fault! The freezes and connection issues never come from them! It always comes from our Consoles!!! Rockstar are innocent, do not forget it!

• Like 1

I used to have this all the time as well. Once I installed GTA on the hard drive it went away.

It is already installed on my PS3, the installation is a mandatory automatic process once you insert the disc the first time..

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200155686-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Xbox-360-and-PS3-Installation-Requirements

"For PlayStation®3, the game ships on one disc and will install content as soon as you insert the game. The install is roughly 8GB, and players will be able to play as soon as the install is complete."

Yes it comes from your console! It does not come from Rockstar, you should be ashamed to imply that it comes from the developers! The problem is you! Never Rockstar! If it does not come from your console, it comes from your connection! If it does not come from your connection, it comes from your router! If it does not come from your router, it comes from your provider! If it does not come from your provider, it comes from your country! But that does not come from Rockstar! It's never their fault! The freezes and connection issues never come from them! It always comes from our Consoles!!! Rockstar are innocent, do not forget it!

In a way it might be a silly comparison, but still, for example, whenever I watch anyone play GTA online on youtube, I don't see them having the same issues as me or if there's a slight rendering glitch it's very minor and very short. For me, the rendering issues are constant, EVERY SINGLE time I play.

Edited by ClippedWings

I see this often in spectate mode. It means the player has a crappy ass connection.

If you get this during everyday gameplay I would suspect a laser issue with your disc drive or a corruption issue with your HDD.

Edited by MantisFang

I used to have this all the time as well. Once I installed GTA on the hard drive it went away.

It is already installed on my PS3, the installation is a mandatory automatic process once you insert the disc the first time..

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200155686-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Xbox-360-and-PS3-Installation-Requirements

"For PlayStation®3, the game ships on one disc and will install content as soon as you insert the game. The install is roughly 8GB, and players will be able to play as soon as the install is complete."

In a way it might be a silly comparison, but still, for example, whenever I watch anyone play GTA online on youtube, I don't see them having the same issues as me or if there's a slight rendering glitch it's very minor and very short. For me, the rendering issues are constant, EVERY SINGLE time I play.

I was being sarcastic, friend! I also have these problems, and I think the problem is with updates from Rockstar! On GTA IV I have no such problems, and my CD is in very good condition!