2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Should Tank Sniping Be Allowed?¿?

Ai®a©ob®a

98 members have voted

1. 1. Were you a Tank Sniper?

• Yes, Any chance i got
    • I've sniped my fair share
    • Ehh i managed to snipe a few
    • Only one or twice
    • I tried but failed
    • Nope, never tried
  2. 2. Should Tank Sniping Return?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

Should tank sniping be returned but this time as a deliberate addition and now a glitch?

As many of you know for a while it was possible to snipe people out of tanks and most of those who complained were the tank griefers and :r*: eventually removed the glitch but a lot of people including myself would like to see it return not as a glitch but as a deliberate addition.

What do you think? Would you like it to return?

Yes or No? Explain your answer

Side Note

Yes i know being able to snipe people out of tanks was a glitch and wasn't really suppose to happen so please keep on topic as that is in the past and this topic is about whether it should be brought back to be a legit anti-tank method or not, Not a debate on whether it was really a glitch or not

Edited by AiraCobra

Loved it, miss it and would be delighted if it was brought back in some form. The reaction from the drivers was worth the price of the game on it's own.

Edited by Nomad0202
  • Like 1

I loved sniping people out and getting called a cheater...while it was a nice way to take out a tank griefer, I don't see many tanks in free roam anymore so I really don't care if it returns....Ask me again on the 18th of next month when next gen gets 30 in a session....I'm certain the number of tanks will triple and I will care.

what kind of question is that

YES

but I haven't seen a tank in public lobbies since the last two updates.... if tank sniping would come back, they would have to make the tanks as strong as before their nerf.

+ People realized that the jet is far better to collect kills with

• Like 2

I would have been fine with tanks being left as they were pre-nerf, as long as I could snipe them.

• Like 2

Good god yes! It was one of the greatest things in GTAO. These little bitches run for a tank thinking they are gonna dominate in it and a simple sniper rifles stops them cold in their tracks. As much as i want it added back i can't see any real reason to add it back now that the tank has been turned into nothing.

• Like 1

ExtremeTorque

Dont get me wrong,I loved sniping tanks and I would love to snipe them again but no matter how much we bitch about it now,its not coming back.

I'm a tanker and got sniped just for sake of being in a tank, but that also amused me how realistic the game were.

That also made me reconsider my tactics and i learned to actually pilot the tank, not camp around like a sitting duck with instagib.

As a tanker, i would welcome the sniping, because i like being challenged by a master of his art.

Edited by Alvarez

BoJack Cognac

I don't care. If a tank has taken damage, 5 sticky-bombs on the hood of your car will finish it.

Be fair, PLAYERS that own Rhino Tanks have been through enough punishment. Two RPGS = tanks dead. One Lazer Jet cannon spray or missiles hit = tanks dead. One (might be two still) Buzzard Helicopter rocket hits = tanks dead. Three player thrown and hit grenades = tanks dead and player thrown and hit sticky bombs on tank (two or three) = tanks dead.

Weight it up on who is winning now? 1.5million for a tincan tank.

R* could just up price or rank level needed to unlock and purchase rhino tank & maybe the buzzard too. But nope, either they want online players to lose money to buy cash cards (not against cash cards or ppl who buy) or R* just completely CBF to think of better logic for the complaining pussified broke dumb players in pig mask and sports shorts that spent money earned on the less greater things online... (Cars, bikes, dumb pointless boats and planes/jets, high end apartments, expensive clothes or fkwit only would buy flightsuit outfit type crap, unlocked expensive guns + the full ammo and queer gun tints that you can't tell difference between them being original black tintunless they got pink, gold or platinum tints.

Not shooting this post @ anyone or OP, just saying the tank for players who got one now would like the liberator like a refund for our money. I didn't order 1.5mil baked bean tin I ordered a rhino tank.

Edit: the bulletproof helmets have more armor over the rhino tank haha.

Edited by Syphiroth

SilkySkillz85

I had no idea tanks were nerfed.

took a break for a month or two so missed a lot of the recent changes.

exactly how many rpg's does it take to kill an undamaged tank nowadays?

the poster above says two, but surely its more than that.

Believe me bro, it's two. I was rattling these two rival crew members cages as they tried ganging on me once my 2 crew members left. Skip to battle (Tank vs 2players) The lad ended up spawning (after I killed him with my tank) on coroner or legion sq and I was down on the other corner. He shoot RPG (this be the first time anyone or anythings hit my tank as NPC cars and drivers glitched and weren't working) 1st rpg hit front my tank and as I swing around to fire my tank cannon towards him infront of me up the other end of legion sq, he fired second RPG it hit and blew my tank. The other player was killed by me while this happened quickly and I died from two RPGs, front on my tank (not back part where motor is) and died...

Tank = f*cked and we also got tank icons to show players we in tanks.

Jets and planes likewise helicopters do too. But come on.., games got a lot more different sorts in aircraft for icons to not even mean player danger... Only one tank purchase online... Lol so that don't help and now when off radar it's told to everyone in your session this happens if you in a tank or not, just another scum no one asked for R* test running c*nt of a feature in 1.17 update.

Edited by Syphiroth

If it's on the front armour, it's 4. I believe 2 will do it if you hit the weak spot in the back.

• Like 1

If it was made extremely difficult and it had to be precise as hell it would be awesome but if not, no.

As much as tanks can be a massive pain in the arse, no. It was a glitch and it never felt right, even as I was taking advantage of it to kill tank drivers. Tanks die quickly now anyway, unless you're completely incapable of firing an RPG.

If it's on the front armour, it's 4. I believe 2 will do it if you hit the weak spot in the back.

Go in alone session, call your tank, drive to it, fire two RPGS rockets @ it front (where the tank cannon is hanging down). I'm not being a smartass here I'm actually curious if it is 4 as this c*nt shot only 2 at me and he wasn't cheating or Modder and I know nothing else touched my tank. Two RPG rockets he shot and hit front my tank and it blew me up - dead.

Edited by Syphiroth

R* created a good balance, you can easily rpg them now but you have to predict where the tank will be when your rpg gets there. They are fragile now against a skilled player. Sniping makes no sense, and was a glitch, it will never be reinstated.

I never really did tank sniping as tanks were clearly OP and the best strategy for me was passive or leave to a new session. Now tanks are weak as, I'll go to an elevated position and throw explosives down. I've killed more people in tanks since the nerf than ever before.

Edited by stainesey

Midnight Vibes

Why would tank sniping need to be back when you can easily avoid and destroy tanks now?

The game was so much better when tanks were super powerful and players were relying on that strength to grief and spawn kill. Then to hear them cry at me when I'd snipe them out from way across town, then I'd wait to see their name pop up on the tank again, usually being too far away to see them on foot from the scope, and just keep sniping them out of it. Those were the days. They could make it indestructible as long as they brought back tank sniping.

Edited by MrJoshua78

CrysisAverted

My friend would often roll with his crew in Tanks killing everyone and cussing out those who wen't passive. I personally got so much satisfaction from joining his sessions, propping myself up high, and sniping him and his crew out of their tanks repeatedly.