3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Hero

San Andreas PS2 reflections on PC

Inadequate

Well, only some important (with the old version) when I loaded my save game all cars are green and later turns black, but with a new game everything works correctly. Strange.

Snoops27

Same here. Starting a new game it's ok, if I then load my saved game then vehicles flicker between normal and black colours, then if I start another new game the problem persists.

The Hero

Strange....with the new version? If so, there is no way around a PIX frame capture.

Inadequate

Tested new version, works perfectly at start with loaded save game but the light from car to another with SilentPatch doesn't work anymore and the cars are so lighter, I think, now I take one screenshot and the screen flicks the cars turned red, take other screenshot and again the screen flicks now the cars turned black. lol.

EDIT:

I don't have that PIX thing, this pc have a sh*tty video card but does the work. :p

Edited by inadequate

Snoops27

Strange....with the new version? If so, there is no way around a PIX frame capture.

Yeah. But it's a conflict with SilentPatch if that helps. No issues when I remove SilentPatch

Edited by snoops26

The Hero

I'm using SilentPatch as well but maybe an older version. We'll have to ask Silent about it.

EDIT: Why don't you try the version I'm using and see if you still have the problems: http://aap.papnet.eu/gta/ps2_refl/mysilent.zip

Edited by THE HERO

Inadequate

Tested new version, works perfectly at start with loaded save game but the light from car to another with SilentPatch doesn't work anymore and the cars are so lighter, I think, now I take one screenshot and the screen flicks the cars turned red, take other screenshot and again the screen flicks now the cars turned black. lol.

EDIT:

I don't have that PIX thing, this pc have a sh*tty video card but does the work. :p

I quote myself to report, with and without SilentPatch when I load my save game at start everything fine, I took a screenshot with the camera, screen flicks (caused by the camera) and all cars turns black, green or red sometimes. Again with and without SilentPatch I start a new game, I took a screenshot with the camera, screen flicks (caused by the camera) and everything fine, no black cars or anything like that. Only this bug when I get closer to the train, other car, etc. Sometimes happens. Hard to capture but here is:

yR7ZbpW.png

The Hero

I'm sorry then, without some debugging information (i.e. a frame captured by PIX) I can't do anything.

Snoops27

I'm using SilentPatch as well but maybe an older version. We'll have to ask Silent about it.

EDIT: Why don't you try the version I'm using and see if you still have the problems: http://aap.papnet.eu/gta/ps2_refl/mysilent.zip

Still same problem as this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC6FbXkK_jo

Having error code S1023 trying to install SDK atm, I'll sort it

Edited by snoops26

Nem_Wan

Not loading, tried with and without modloader.

[ASI] Failed to load module "modloader\ps2refl_unfinished\ps2refl.asi"; errcode: 0x7E

Edited by Nem Wan

The Hero

Any more information? What's this "modloader" directory? Does it work with a normal asi-loader when you put both files in the SA dir?

LINK/2012

Error code 0x7E from MSDN means a dependency couldn't be found, i.e. you need msvcrt120.dll, inadequate posted it last page.

Inadequate

Here works correctly only dropping the files in SA dir and inside of modloader crashes. Test it with the files on SA dir.

And download this .dll and put in the SA dir too.

The Hero

The .asi expects a ps2refl.hlsl in it's current directory so it has to be in the same directory as the SA exe I'd say.

LINK/2012

The .asi expects a ps2refl.hlsl in it's current directory so it has to be in the same directory as the SA exe I'd say.

Mod Loader modifies the paths sent to system calls so it should work, I'll take a look at why it's not working for your asi later :) Edited by LINK/2012

Silent

Weird. If you send me a frame captured with PIX I will take a look.

It seems you can't link statically against msvcr120.dll so you have to download the file :(

but /MT compilation mode

Nem_Wan

This Mod Loader but I also tried putting them in SA dir. Vehicles look vanilla either way, probably ps2refl.asi is not loading. I'm running in a wineskin but that's not usually a problem (sagfx_ps2.asi works — which I removed while testing yours of course).

EDIT: was missing msvcrt120.dll

Edited by Nem Wan

The Hero

Ok, updated file, can someone test if this works? (linked statically now)

Silent:

Do you have an idea what might be causing the bugs? Do you experience them?

Edited by THE HERO

Silent

Nope, haven't checked yet, I'll take a look later.

Inadequate

On some PC's for the PS2 reflections is required the msvcr120.dll, like on my PC, here the download: link only drag n drop the file on your gta sa folder.

EDIT:

Well I think have a bug with the lights (only a little corona is visible on the center, probably because is a test version):

5jNJMe6.png

BN1yGPO.png

Added to: [sA] PS2 Features To PC

EDIT:

I quote myself to report, with and without SilentPatch when I load my save game at start everything fine, I took a screenshot with the camera, screen flicks (caused by the camera) and all cars turns black, green or red sometimes. Again with and without SilentPatch I start a new game, I took a screenshot with the camera, screen flicks (caused by the camera) and everything fine, no black cars or anything like that. Only this bug when I get closer to the train, other car, etc. Sometimes happens. Hard to capture but here is:

yR7ZbpW.png

Tested the new version, same bugs stills here and still needing the msvcr120.dll

The Hero

Does anybody have any idea where the offset/scale for the environment map could be found? This is the most important thing that's still missing right now. On the PS2 it's a 4-Vector with S-offset, T-offset, S-Scale and T-Scale (last two were 1.0 in my test case).

Nem_Wan

Loading on Mac in Wineskin, definitely needs msvcr120.dll which is not standard in Wineskin or a listed winetrick. Vehicles look sort of correct at first but turn blue or black after going to pause menu. Using silentpatch_11_beta-5

Sorry about crappy framerate

EDIT: this was loading a saved game. Works better when starting a new game.

Cars fail to turn black when exploded.

Edited by Nem Wan

Silent

Did you use /clr?

Inadequate

IMPORTANT: All screenshots was captured with SilentPatch installed. And no conflicts until now.

Well, testing it again, sometimes with loaded save game works correctly, no black cars, only the bug when I stay very closer to a car, train, truck, etc.

Loaded savegame, working properly sometimes:

EAfjYPu.png

The bug:

yR7ZbpW.png

And hoping this will going fixed on futures versions also have the reflections on one ASI file :D

Without the plugin:

Y7v7pvR.png

With the plugin (rear lights and front lights have this 'effect'):

nX5KNUq.png

Without the plugin:

bCLSC9X.png

With the plugin (no light from car to car was fixed on SilentPatch and now no works anymore):

BLsTjuP.png

Edited by inadequate

The Hero

Did you use /clr?

I tried now, but then it complains about an attempt to use MSIL code (/clr) during native code initialization. I'm really no windows developer and I hate visual studio, this stuff is too confusing for me.

inadequate: Ah, now I know what you said about the lights. I know I have only implemented the one default light, this is probably just a matter of uploading the D3d fixed function lights to the shader.

The Hero

I made a new version with the environment map partly implemented (updated the source as well):
http://aap.papnet.eu/gta/ps2_refl/ps2refl_beta2.zip
It doesn't yet slide along the vehicle as it moves forward/backward (for that I need the actual offset values), but you can use the keys F9-12 to play with the texture. The texture does move however when you rotate the vehicle. So everything that's still needed for this effect to work is this transformation vector. Maybe someone can find it by looking through the code of the default vehicle render pipeline.

Haven't implemented the other lights yet as I'm not sure how this is actually supposed to work. I may have to dig through another VU1 memdump again.

Edited by THE HERO

mirh

Wtf men?

Isn't msvcr120 part of the vc++ 2013 redistributable package?

This isn't the first program requiring it, and it won't be the latest

Edited by mirh

ABS-IZAYOI

Nice one! I waited a long time for this!

[sorry for my bad english]

LINK/2012

For me it works fine with SilentPatch but without SilentPatch the cars are black, I suspect it's related to the illumination value from timecyc, which SilentPatch defaults to 1.0

My PIX snapshots

https://www.sendspace.com/file/0a5xx5

I'd suggest everyone to use PIX to help out on this as THE HERO asked, it's not hard, actually it's pitty easy:

• Install the DirectX SDK
  • Open x86 PIX (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Utilities\bin\x86\PIXWin.exe)
  • File > New Experiment
  • Select gta_sa.exe at the program path and select A single frame capture..., additionally I don't know how useful is Enable Draw Timing so I checked it too.
  • You can customize the key to take the snapshot at More Options, but just let's use the default F12
  • click Start Experiment
  • Go to the issue and take a screenshot using F12 (you can take multiple screenshots)... (I'd suggest taking the screenshot somewhere quiet with less objects 'n stuff so there's less draw calls to debug?)
  • When you exit the game PIX will get you the snapshot, just Save it (File > Save As) and upload it.

Edited by LINK/2012

Blackbird88

Could it also collide with the fix that makes it so other cars project their car lights on your car? I have no idea how to say this simply duh :D

Edited by Blackbird88