4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Lethal Vaccine

L.C. Cage Fights

Lethal Vaccine

Does anyone have any tips on getting to and completing round 6? I've watched a Youtube video that tells me to use counter attacks and steal the bat/knife away so I could use it myself, but this seems like a faulty system (doesn't surprise me) that hardly works perfectly and I get annihilated and can't even pass the 3rd round.

I feel like I am gonna be 98.57% Completion forever, due to never passing round 6 of these cage fights for 100%... :/

fefenc

No, it's not a faulty system, it isn't like GTA V arcadish fighting system, the IV dodge system has been made to you press space at the exact time the person move their arms to attack you, then you need to hold space and move your character to some direction at the right time to dodge at some direction..

You just don't know how to use it, the system isn't faulty and it works fine, it sh*ts on V fighting system because it's not every kid that can perform it in the online version of the game. It's a lot harder to dominate the system, but once you master it, you'll never forget the timing. I've beaten LC Cage fighters these days at second try by stealing knifes and bats and it was too easy for me.

If you want a hint to get past through this, you should try to steal knifes only, if they slice you, it'll make a minor damage in comparison to the baseball bat hit.

Edited by fefenc

Lethal Vaccine

First of all, I am playing on PS3. No Xbox or PC.

Second of all, when I hit X to duck, sometimes Luis doesn't duck, thus getting batted or knifed to death.

Third of all, is it possible to get past round 6 without even using counter attack? You think I can just punch and kick the guys and beat them all?

Fourth of all, I could careless about V.

Edited by Militia

Luuk'

No, it's not a faulty system, it isn't like GTA V arcadish fighting system, the IV dodge system has been made to you press space at the exact time the person move their arms to attack you, then you need to hold space and move your character to some direction at the right time to dodge at some direction..

You just don't know how to use it, the system isn't faulty and it works fine, it sh*ts on V fighting system because it's not every kid that can perform it in the online version of the game. It's a lot harder to dominate the system, but once you master it, you'll never forget the timing. I've beaten LC Cage fighters these days at second try by stealing knifes and bats and it was too easy for me.

If you want a hint to get past through this, you should try to steal knifes only, if they slice you, it'll make a minor damage in comparison to the baseball bat hit.

Chill out man. Actually, knifes can easily kill you as well, the stabs hurt really bad and they do it frickin' quick too.

For Militia:

Keep your distance, don't rely on countering and stealing weapons. Use the Punch-Punch-Kick combo over and over again. Kicking and throwing long punches when you're a distance away from them really helps with stunning, giving you valuable time to use combos. In the first 3 stages the Punch-Punch-Headbutt combo works fine too. If you choose to rest and spectate after completing a round, it completely restores your health and then just continue.

Good luck, and don't give up of course!

dognuts

It just takes practice to time it right. Before starting the cage fight, try fighting taxi drivers to get timing right. Once you get more comfortable, start the cage fight and always make sure to spectate the next round if you lost health. What i did was all-out assault people without weapons, i wouldn't even bother dodging their attacks. Just completely f*ck them up. Once i saw i guy with a knife, i was a little more caution but i still tried to go all out. If i noticed i miss a hit or he started hitting me - i ran away. I only dodged the bat attacks - those guys have reach and deal crazy damage. Overall, i loved the LC Cage Fights. One of the better side missions in the series, in my opinion. I wouldn't call the fighting system a faulty one, just a difficult one. You have to time it EXACTLY on the dot, otherwise Luis will just block. Even then, blocking absorbs some damage, so even though they hit you, you won't lose as much health as you would've without.

Lethal Vaccine

Thanks guys. I mean, I will eventually do it, it's only a matter of time. That's the thing, I don't go around in GTA in the streets just punching, kicking, and countering people. I never was interested in that. I just want to be able to finish TBoGT and simply forget about Cage Fighting for good as I am not interested in it. Once I finish it and get the percent, I am done with doing it forever, lol...

The only thing that interests me is 100% Completion, Perfect Stats, and a Vehicle Collection. Other than V, TBoGT is the only one I gotta finish. Currently at 73.57%. Tomorrow after I do Club Management Missions and Random Encounters, I will be 88.57%. Then I am gonna do Base Jumps and Triathalons and be 93.57%. Then 50 Seagulls, and last Drug Wars. Then I will try again to finish those Cage Fights for 100%.

fefenc

Believe me, you'll get to the conclusion that Luis >>>>>>>> all.

AFAIK, the fighting system is smoothier with Luis than another GTA IV protagonist. I've beaten LC Cage fighters once without dodging attacks, it was really hard to me.

Lethal Vaccine

That's the problem I have. I can't dodge the attacks well atm, and usually I try to just keep tapping Circle on my controller, but eventually a guy will block me and then stab me to death in round 3, lol...

I know I'll get it done eventually it just FEELS like it'll never happen. Some of the vehicles I've obtained in SA were WAY harder than these Cage Fights. It's just I never use the melle combat system in ANY GTA games, thus, I am not good at Cage Fights. Once I practice I will be able to finish them...

Also, thanks for the tips, guys, about spectating. I didn't know that healed your entire health. That might help me out, then!!!! :)

Lethal Vaccine

So I kept trying a bit. I turned on my PS3 first try, and got to Round 5 for my first time ever. However, on the third guy in Round 5, I was killed. Then I got to Round 4 after that, and now I am yet again stuck on round 3.

The problem is it's unpredictable when the guy with the bat is gonna swing. I try to "time it perfectly" but sometimes he just stands there doing nothing, but I WANT his bat because it makes the knife guys much easier and quicker to kill...

...f*ck

Lethal Vaccine

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never want to do that again...Lol

Passed Round 6. Out of all 6 rounds, I only used counter attacks once, and that was in the first wave of the 6th round. I stole the knife to kill the last two guys in Round 6. I had some rhythm going. I would attack the guy 3 times, then back up. He'd come running at me, so I quickly hit him again 3 times, and I did that in every single round. 75.00% Completion now. So by tomorrow I will be 90.00%! :)

...Honestly that's probably the hardest part of TBoGT, and it's worth the lowest percentage, too, 1.43% for that nonsense.

Requesting topic to be closed now.

Raavi

As requested.