2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

what was your most bone headed mistake in gtao?

hugh750

for me i guess it would be the times after finishing a mission i would forget to set my settings back to friends and crew.

one time i saw another player drive off in one of my cars because i forgot to put my settings back.

Trusting randoms in free roam.

that can be true but i've also found some randoms that were friendly.

Is this The Guy?

- Forgot the objective in the mission 'On Maneuvers' and jumped out of the annihilator to parachute to the yellow mission marker.

- Ate a dodgy looking crab salad sandwich before I decided to join a long race playlist

- Don't know if this counts because It was on the count of lag but I shot my self with my own tank once

• Like 6

CrysisAverted

-Used passive mode, it turned off randomly and I got blasted by someone who lured me to text him back

-Decided to stay in a full race lobby even though cars were teleporting and my 321 countdown was lagging seconds behind other racers

-Decided to stay in a full race lobby even though players were not aware of brakes and used me as a wall they could bounce off of instead of slowing down to take a corner

-Accidentally chose a mask when trying to get to my glasses selection, losing my hair, my money and my time. (This happens too often)

-In LTS lobby, accidentally pressed purchase all ammo (before the warning)

-Finger slipped when buying _______ mod for my car and ended up purchasing _______ mod.

• Like 2

Dropping my weapons in survival, to get more ammo, only I ended up dying I didn't see the enemy until too late, lost all weapons expect pistol.

Accidentally bought a Barracks OL becasue I wanted to see if there was a purchase confirmation popup. There wasn't.

Selling my Tailgater back in November.

fMNTnvL.png

joining a certain crew and trusting them and there dickhead egotistic leader and all the kids that follow him!! :panic:

Played the Skyscraper LTS, was about to get into chopper as I ran into the tail rotor.

I was so mad, embaressed and sad at the same time, that I rage quited.

Edited by ChrilLe

TigerStyleLoungeAct

Falling off many rooftops during the tank sniping era into the jaws of the beast. That beast being my pride not allowing passive mode and three or four tanks swarming looking for the "pussy on the roof sniping me". No bigger pussy than a tank pussy.

Played the Skyscraper LTS, was about to get into chopper as I ran into the tail rotor.

I was so mad, embaressed and sad at the same time, that I rage quited.

Oh I feel that pain. Not in that LTS but in general when using choppers in a rush whilst trying to look badass.

• Like 2

I was playing Paleto Bay survival with some strangers, we was on like wave 6 and I was handing everything well, everyone else kept dying mid round for the last 2 rounds but I had no problem handling the enemies myself. Anyway my 3 team mates died near the start of wave six but I killed all the enemies with only one left, I felt so bad ass because I knew the other players were spectating me! The enemy who was left was on the other side of the survival zone so I whipped out my gold heavy pistol, done some James Bond rolls towards him to take him out with a shot to the head.

As soon as I rounded the corner the final enemy one shots me to the chest with his shotgun and my body flops on the floor. Survival failed.

I shouldn't have tried to look bad ass with my gold heavy pistol.

• Like 3

Thompson.png

Saw a notification about a special crate dropping in 3 hours. Went to the docks to get myself a helicopter. Took the Maverick that spawned there to the top of the FIB building to wait for the drop. Landed on the roof, got out of the helicopter and ran into the tail rotor. Stare at the TV for about a minute. I am such a dumbass.

• Like 3

Getting in a chrome vehicle only to be found to be car boming god modder.

Edited by AhmadMJamal

Saw a notification about a special crate dropping in 3 hours. Went to the docks to get myself a helicopter. Took the Maverick that spawned there to the top of the FIB building to wait for the drop. Landed on the roof, got out of the helicopter and ran into the tail rotor. Stare at the TV for about a minute. I am such a dumbass.

i've made that mistake before and so have other players. :^:

Ain't that why it's a boneheaded mistake? lol. Especially since I practically lost my choper and immediately got disconnected from the session. Maybe the game knew how bad my mistake was that they didn't even give me a chance to get to see where the special crate was going to drop.

The first time I got into a fire truck (a couple weeks ago), I noticed you could spray water. Four players pulled up in an SUV and as soon as they got out I started spraying them all. They weren't moving at all, so I thought they were being good sports and playing along, allowing me to spray them.

Of course after a little while they all died at once. I had no idea they were paralyzed by the spray, or that it was damaging them. I left the session as soon as they died because I felt bad.

• Like 1

Special crate drop 10 hour notification pops up. Just me and one other guy in the session. I get a Lazer to lock up the crate. The guy is in a frogger. I didn't even try killing him 'cause I knew I was faster than his f*cking frogger. I'm just f*cking around and looked away for a few seconds, looked back and crashed into an npc helicopter. Right after I spawn the notification comes up: Special Crate Inbound. f*cking guy in his frogger gets it

Ain't that why it's a boneheaded mistake? lol. Especially since I practically lost my choper and immediately got disconnected from the session. Maybe the game knew how bad my mistake was that they didn't even give me a chance to get to see where the special crate was going to drop.

they usually tend to drop miles away from where you are. :lol:

- Back in the grinding days I joined a RR lobby full of kiddies and thought that maybe, just maybe they wouldn't blow up the documents.

- Not taking advantage of the SP-MP glitch when it wasn't patched, Now I have a spoilerless Phoenix sitting in Franklin's garage waiting to be transferred into online.

- Attempting to solo Dry Docking after R* changed the spawning to infinite.

- Selling my Infernus.

- Replacing said Infernus with a Zentorno which I sold on the same day.

joining a certain crew and trusting them and there dickhead egotistic leader and all the kids that follow him!! :panic:

name and shame dude. Stop others from making the same mistake.

• Like 2

Pissed off a god mode dude a few months ago.

I have never had my ass whipped that much.

• Like 1

- In the mission Wet Works I've once killed the guys on the dock only to fall off the cliff and die.

- I've stuck 5 stickies on a car, went off radar and tried to ram explode tanks in free mode, which only seem to have gotten me killed.

- Once in Defender I grabbed a buzzard and immediately flew into a tree 5 feet away from me.

- Once in Teaser Trailer I drove the semi to close to a solid pole and exploded the mission trailer.

- In Teaser Trailer I've destroyed the trailer trying to shoot soldiers with the heavy sniper.

- In Teaser Trailer I've blowed up the trailer while trying to destroy the SUV's with sticky bombs.

(it took a while to find all the flaws in Teaser Trailer alright)

- In Titan Of A Job I've blown up the semi blocking the Titan.

Taking the High Priority Vehicle and planting it with a sticky bomb at Paint N Spray, then when someone came to get car and as they went in it to drive away, I blew up the car lol. Felt so bad for the guy afterwards because he didn't really deserve it.

I was mostly setting this plan up for those who shot at me for no reason, none of them were coming so it got boring for a while and then suddenly this online player comes and for some odd reason in my mind to detonate it on any person that goes in the car XD.

Pm'ed him saying "sorry dude I just had to do that, just got bored." He wrote back and said "lol, it's alright." luckily for me he moved on and didn't go after me after what happened.

Edited by wweraw526