2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

If I invest inTake2 via the stock market on Nov 18th

dudclub55

What if.. I invested into Take2 via the stock market on November 18th, assuming T2 is a public limited company. Would I become filthy rich?

• Like 1

Lethal Vaccine

:blink::blink::blink:

I'd say you would become just as rich as those people who invested in Facebook :lol:

Edited by Bozzah

Dont let these people put you down, if you want to start playing the stock market then fine, its anybodys game out there. I doubt youll become rich though as the price of stocks now vs after the 18th Nov arent likely to go up much. If you had bought in pre Sept 17th 2013 you may be making some back by now but theres no get rich quick scheme in life im afraid.

It would be probably better to invest in their stocks before V hits for next-gen. The question though is, how much revenue can one make? I guess it depends on how their stocks performed for the past year or so, how far the next-gen sales will exceed Take-Two's expectations (if at all) and what other titles they have to offer in the near future. You shouldn't buy shares based on a single release. If a major AAA release performs worse sales-wise than anticipated, then this can have a negative impact on their stocks. There are possibly even more factors that need to be considered.

Keep in mind that GTAV on next-gen is just a re-release, and as such it will not make nearly as much money as it did on the PS3 and 360. Which, in turn, means I wouldn't expect the stocks to go up all that much.

Edited by Andreas

Doland J. Trump

No...you invest before the game comes out and then sell asap because dem prices will tank. Anyways you're probably too late by now, I highly doubt the price would increase that much in between now and when GTA V comes out. don't forget this is only a re-release, you would have been better off doing this last year but it's up to you! ;)

Edited by AndrewDeSanta

What if.. I invested into Take2 via the stock market on November 18th, assuming T2 is a public limited company. Would I become filthy rich?

Do you know how stocks work boy?

Because one thing you started off by doing wrong already, is buying the stock on the date the game releases, and not only that, but it seems you don't understand that you need to invest more then that especially depending on how much a stock would be worth right now, because since T2 made a profit of $1 Billion, they can raise their stocks alongside with that meaning you will need probably more than $10 plus you should buy more then 1 stock, because 1 stock alone will not make you "Filthy rich".

Edited by Bolcksta
  • Like 2

Because one thing you started off by doing wrong already, is buying the stock on the date the game releases, and not only that, but it seems you don't understand that you need to invest more then that especially depending on how much a stock would be worth right now, because since T2 made a profit of $1 Billion, they can raise their stocks alongside with that meaning you will need probably more than $10 plus you should buy more then 1 stock, because 1 stock alone will not make you "Filthy rich".

photo-thumb-842371.jpg?_r=1409674624

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

King Vercetti

Sounds good, but don't go all in on your investment until Lester gives you the go ahead.

• Like 1

No you shouldn't, why? because for starters the share price for a stock is quite expensive (click here: http://au.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=TTWO) and the return profit would not be as high as you would expect. TTWO is already generating a strong foundation, little investments such as $10 is close to nothing. However, (if only I knew how to invest younger) If you had invested before the original GTA 5 then you would make a nice amount of cash (not rich though) and also you got other people which would have the same idea of purchasing shares for the next-gen GTA 5 which reduces your share.

Think of a pool filled with money and then think of people jumping in that pool. The sharing of the pool becomes higher and therefore the less amount of water you will be swimming in.

A better idea is investing in an 'unknown' game which you believe would become something very popular and turn into a successful franchise. Also it's best to sell after a period of time allowing whatever business to grow and sustain a strong foundation.

Though the best idea is researching for innovative products which may change the world. Better yet, invest in one of these companies http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/10/05/a-cure-for-ebola-these-3-biotech-companies-are-wor.aspx. Which ever company finds the cure for Ebola and you've invested in that company than you would be a very rich person. You must start early though.

• Like 1

Invest $1,000 now, wait for RDR announcement. It comes out. Wait for GTA 6 announcement. Sell all of it. $100 profit in 5 years. Have fun.

• Like 2

Don't invest big money but ten dollars won't hurt.

You can't invest that little. There is a minimum, then you're going to have to pay the broker and everything. You can't really buy shares unless you are willing to put a significant amount of money in... but to make BIG bucks, you're gonna need a lot of money.

• Like 1

If you're gonna invest big money to TakeTwo you won't make much more from the profit anyway. Take2 is already on a solid foundation, the only way you could make big money is if RockstarGames makes a very, very successful game that outdoes GTA 5 in selling and I'm talking a lot of money. The profit they made off GTA 5 was solid, rising share price, trust me the return will not be great.

Find better investment options, such as future products that is innovative, invest in the big bio-tech companies searching for the cure for ebola. They're the better options.

Edited by UshaB

Trevorphilipjfry

You got to speculate to accumulate,

First rule of business

/Hood Safari...ni**er

theworldfamous

No. The stock market is a bad place to be. We're heading to another crash, the question is just how much further the bubble can inflate before it pops. The bubble is mainly around tech (look at Facebook and apple) so great if you already own (then sell) but buying in right now is about the stupidest thing to do.

Invest directly or through kickstarter in a cool indie upstart whose ideas you feel passionate about. That's probably the best advice.

Price per share - 21.64$

at Fri, Oct 10, 2014, 4:00PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

After hours 21.64 N/A (N/A%)

Well I don't know if its a good time, since destiny is out the TTWO share is declining..

A good and (Sooner to come) PC version can flip it back to the area of 25$ per share. right now investors know there wont be much gain from "NG" consoles.

Edited by PoppYourHead

Trevorphilipjfry

Murder the Houser brothers, invest, then wait a few months and sell them

• Like 4

Yeah maybe money will come flying out of my Xbox.

What theres money hidden inside every xbox ,who the hell knows ? wheres my screwdriver...

Trevorphilipjfry

Yeah maybe money will come flying out of my Xbox.

What theres money hidden inside every xbox ,who the hell knows ? wheres my screwdriver...

Nooooo, you'll lose the warranty, maybe that's what pays for the repair, there's a 50 quid note in there

You are 12. I doubt you can grasp the concept of stocks

You are 90 I doubt you can gasp what "joke" means.

I like how the joke passed over your head.

Check BAWSAQ now and save in another slot before investing your money

Now THIS person got it.

• Like 2