2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Anyone really dislikes dual weilding weapons?

Jeansowaty

I'm okay in certains points, due to the negative and positive thing that the dual weapons is a good or bad thing when you have reached the hitman lvl (for somes weapons). But for me, i personnally liked it when i have started to have double Colt 45, Tec-9 or Uzi... But after some long time, it was in reality not very impressive... It's maybe more powerful but i find it is not more accurate.

Technical note: There is no Colt .45 in the game as published. The only pistol that is capable of duel firing is the 9mm Pistol. (Most likely a take off of the Browning designed Belgium FN Hi-Power. Note that 17 round capacity (in grip) is impossible with a .45 cal, and the FN 9 mm only holds 14 magazine and chamber combined.

I'm okay in certains points, due to the negative and positive thing that the dual weapons is a good or bad thing when you have reached the hitman lvl (for somes weapons). But for me, i personnally liked it when i have started to have double Colt 45, Tec-9 or Uzi... But after some long time, it was in reality not very impressive... It's maybe more powerful but i find it is not more accurate.

Technical note: There is no Colt .45 in the game as published. The only pistol that is capable of duel firing is the 9mm Pistol. (Most likely a take off of the Browning designed Belgium FN Hi-Power. Note that 17 round capacity (in grip) is impossible with a .45 cal, and the FN 9 mm only holds 14 magazine and chamber combined. Haha, yes x) that mistake... By dint of reading some people, I have every time the name of "Colt 45" in the head which is a reference to the pistol. But as you said, yes, this is the pistol "9mm" classic, sorry.

Hi,

I know how to never get dual weapon but for that your weapon skill will be Gangster only but will show full. Without any mods.

Edited by Vibhor

Actually, lil' weasel, the pistol is called in the files "colt45" and the design of the texture of it is very similiar to the real life Colt 1911, so yeah, I always thought it's a Colt, not a Browning.

DhF4CUK7S5mrQmZkTLK8DA.png

• 2 weeks later...
Niko Montana

I really dislike it. Except for dual-wielding Sawn-Off Shotguns.

gangster2332

dualwield sawn off shotgun was amazing to get some cars

Dual Wield Sawn-Off was good for obtaining special vehicles, but I found the Dual Micro-SMG or Dual Pistols less effective than a single SMG or Desert Eagle.

• 1 month later...
BlackSnow176

I'm with you, OP. I hated the dual wielding since the first time I played. As you say, it's unrealistic and it decreases accuracy, especially the dual sawn-offs. I always mod the game's files so I never wield dual weapons.

A single sawn-off is a favorite weapon of mine. I think dual pistols look cool though :catloaf:

Hi,

I know how to never get dual weapon but for that your weapon skill will be Gangster only but will show full. Without any mods.

Then go ahead and tell us how. Edited by lol232

I wish that instead of holding the weapons sideways CJ would hold them proper on Gangster and Hitman skill level. Total Overdose has that done right.

• Like 1

PhillBellic

Hi,

Then go ahead and tell us how.

I would also like to know how to do it.

I wish that instead of holding the weapons sideways CJ would hold them proper on Gangster and Hitman skill level. Total Overdose has that done right.

Here's some Trivia for you; Weapons held sideways are more likely to jam, than if it is held properly. :)

universetwisters

I just wish they gave you the option to dual wield. I don't mind it if it's just for looks and stuff, more power and sh*t. But then again, it's annoying not being able to carry just one pistol like a normal person.

• Like 2

I just wish they gave you the option to dual wield. I don't mind it if it's just for looks and stuff, more power and sh*t. But then again, it's annoying not being able to carry just one pistol like a normal person.

Well there is a workaround for the pistol, by taking the Silenced variant.

PhillBellic

Well there is a workaround for the pistol, by taking the Silenced variant.

Or you could use the Desert Eagle.

Dual sawn off shotguns are good for pushing wrecked cars into garages, in case they can't be moved by pushing it with a car. This is something that I do as a special vehicle collector who wants every possible invincible car to have fun with.

In a combat situation, not really unless dual desert eagles can be used.

I'm neutral on dual wielding weapons.

Truthfully, to me the perfect setting would be to have dual wielding available from the lowest possible grade, trade for sideways aiming in Gangster grade, and up to two-hand grip in Hitman for the regular 9mm pistol. Trades off style for efficiency as you get more proficient with it. Same with every weapon that is dual-wield-ready.

Another idea is to remove 1HP off of CJ if he's using the Dual Sawn-Off, to accomodate for the fact he's using two f*cking shotguns, one on each hand. HP removal is disabled when he uses two-hand grip like a normal f*cking human being.

It increases your firepower, but the lack of accuracy => sh*t.

I'll set my weapon skill to "Gangster" (998) to avoid this when playing. And has disabled CStats::IncrementStat to prevent the weapon skill reaching hitman. (PC Version of course)

• 3 weeks later...

yep which is why I use the silencer/ desert eagle

combat shotty and one handed smg

plus it looks dumb on the bmx

Edited by LL Cool L

I prefer the Desert Eagle anyway. I can still remember where it's hidden in SF ^^

• Like 1

GamesBoy316

I actually like how CJ can use dual weapons, even though it might take away some of the accuracy. To me, it feels like he has more power, more bullets to mess with.

Algonquin Assassin

It definitely would've been better if it was an option. Sometimes it can look a bit stupid.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

PhillBellic

It definitely would've been better if it was an option. Sometimes it can look a bit stupid.

If it was done in such a way that you had the option to Pick Up the second Weapon (via a toggle button) then I'd like it more.

Dual wielding looks ridiculous but it doesn't bother me too much. I don't like the TEC and MAC anyway so I almost always use MP5. But on special occasions (rare) when accuracy doesn't matter and I just want a high rate of fire, I go and pick up a TEC or MAC.

What annoys me a lot more than dual wielding, is that CJ and other characters hold handguns sideways. That's what idiots who can't shoot does. It's so lame.

There should have been dual-wield for the minigun.. :p

Edited by OG Viking

There should have been dual-wield for the minigun.. :p

Nah man, you're not thinking 'hard' enough. Dual wield dildos, chainsaws, molotovs, katanas, fire extinguishers.