2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

November 18th Issues...

bfett21

So....

Who Remembers trying to log into GTA:Online October 1st of last year? Considering the issues Sony had with driveclub this week, should we be worried that the added traffic of the next gen games to GTA online will cause havoc again? Now these servers may not be the same as the last gen servers. Maybe. Just a question on if we should be concerned not getting onto GTA Online.

Thanks!

If I were to buy a PS4 with GTAV on release day, I'd probably wait a couple weeks before making the transfer, just to be sure. Besides, I would have to complete the Story to 100% again, so I wouldn't mind waiting.

• Like 6

There will be much less people trying to get online day 1 compared to October 1st last year. I think (hope) the servers will be fine

• Like 6

grovestreet2010

They've probably been updating/upgrading their servers and might even have completely different data centers for the new release. Last year showed them what can happen and I feel that they will be prepared, but also the amount of people getting Online on launch day this year won't be as high as last year.

I feel that they've spent most of their time working on these (possibly) new servers and this might be a reason as to why fixes on the current version of Online are so slow in implementation. Most of the team dedicated to online is probably testing the connectivity and performance of the new servers making sure they're ready for the new release. This doesn't mean that they're ignoring the last gen version, it's just that they might be spending much more time on the current gen version.

This is just what I think and I might be wrong but I hope it's true

• Like 2

I hope it's okay for the online lovers' sake.... myself on the other hand will be in SP for the first month or so...

Just don't play that day if it happens. It's like having a nice drink at the airport when everybody is checking in their bag, and then checking in yours when the line is gone.

HollywoodVice

The game isn't out yet and still asking questions no one here could possibly know...

The way I see it, there won't be near enough transfer players to cause any problems.

• Like 2

InTheShadowsSince04

If you think not....I got bad news for you son....lol....

Nba2k15 is going thru crazy network issues....basically the same ones from last year....so if it's any indication...yea. .it's gonna be nuts..

Because a yearly rushed out Basketball game is something to base all games delivery on.

• Like 2

Now you at least know that your account might get f*cked in the first days, so you should concentrate on griefing first.

When you get stable servers, start doing missions ;)

• Like 1

FriendlyFireOFF

I'm going to spend a few days replaying the game before I even attempt to transfer my account.

Edited by FriendlyFireOFF

Nothing to hype on.

Just wait and enjoy the show of the rushy buyers.

InTheShadowsSince04

Because a yearly rushed out Basketball game is something to base all games delivery on.

no but Destiny at launch is...Watch Dogs at launch is...Driveclub at launch is...Shadows of Mordor and their saving issues is .....

thats what i base on

and how is 2k15 rushed????...maybe 2k14 just be there at launch...

Next time done be scared to lmk when you are referring to one of my post...it makes it easier...

no but Destiny at launch is...Watch Dogs at launch is...Driveclub at launch is...Shadows of Mordor and their saving issues is .....

thats what i base on

Next time done be scared to lmk when you are referring to one of my post...it makes it easier...

Destiny, Watch Dogs and Driveclub are all completely different. GTAO already exists. They did it once, they won't f*ck up again.

thats what i base on

But all of the games you mentioned were first time releases of that game. Since GTA V has already been released, they should be able to build on fixing the issues they had last year. AFAIK, there will be issues, but not to the extent as last year.

And why the hell would he scared to quote you? His post was right below yours, so he felt no need to quote the post. Everyone knows he's referring to you, so the point of quoting there is obsolete.

InTheShadowsSince04

thats what i base on

Destiny, Watch Dogs and Driveclub are all completely different. GTAO already exists. They did it once, they won't f*ck up again.

so what about NBA2K15??...and Destiny is Halo/CoD- Clone..this isnt the first time bungie nd activision come to this rodeo...

Even TLOU remastered had MP issues at launch..

idk why you are sooooo sure to rule it out...hopefully youre right...but im just being a realist

thats what i base on

But all of the games you mentioned were first time releases of that game. Since GTA V has already been released, they should be able to build on fixing the issues they had last year. AFAIK, there will be issues, but not to the extent as last year.

And why the hell would he scared to quote you? His post was right below yours, so he felt no need to quote the post. Everyone knows he's referring to you, so the point of quoting there is obsolete.

soooo now youre his lawyer???...i meant it in the sense what if next time he isnt so lucky to be right under me...(pause)....not in an intimidating sense relax

I don't quote people if I'm near there post. Why? Because then people quote it back and as the discussion goes on it becomes a disgusting clusterf*ck of quotes.

There will surely be minor hiccups, but it's not like they're launching GTAVI's Online, they've done it before and they will know what to do. The changes are to the hardware and its capabilities, not to GTAO itself, hence no big f*ck ups. October 2013's launch was like a gas station blowing up, imagine the upcoming one to be more minor, like a sliding door getting stuck or not opening.

• Like 1

InTheShadowsSince04

OP asked if we should be concerned....i think we should, just because there are still issues goin on, Dont expect everything to be perfect and then on Launch start raging "you would think R* would have gotten it together by now"...

obviously they dont have control over things like that...

I don't quote people if I'm near there post. Why? Because then people quote it back and as the discussion goes on it becomes a disgusting clusterf*ck of quotes.

There will surely be minor hiccups, but it's not like they're launching GTAVI's Online, they've done it before and they will know what to do. The changes are to the hardware and its capabilities, not to GTAO itself, hence no big f*ck ups. October 2013's launch was like a gas station blowing up, imagine the upcoming one to be more minor, like a sliding door getting stuck or not opening.

hopefully

soooo now youre his lawyer???...i meant it in the sense what if next time he isnt so lucky to be right under me...(pause)....not in an intimidating sense relax

then he clicks on edit and adds @******** (insert name where stars are.) Its not hard or the end of the world.

Edited by TomKongPhooey

OP asked if we should be concerned....i think we should, just because there are still issues goin on, Dont expect everything to be perfect and then on Launch start raging "you would think R* would have gotten it together by now"...

obviously they dont have control over things like that...

I more then likely won't be getting it at launch so I'm not overly concerned. My exams will only have just finished by then, or even might be finishing on that day so that's my primary concern. Then I'll be enjoying drinking every day for a fortnight with schoolies coming up after exams. That goes to December. Though I do have a birthday during that time so going next gen, or current gen, would be kind of cool. Again though, I'm not 100% adamant on moving on until I've experienced everything the previous gen can offer me.

EDIT: Though of course I give the best wishes to those who do get it on launch and hope you have the best experience on launch day.

Edited by MikeyBelic
  • Like 2

All large online games have issues at launch. Doesn't matter if gta online was tried and done last year.

This is Rockstar we're talking about, issues be happening right now

• Like 2

One way to prevent stability issues is through releasing betas. I know Titanfall and Destiny did this, leaving zero hiccups in the wake of release. If Rockstar wants this release to be as smooth as possible, they might consider releasing the Online portion a week later to test for stress issues. It's doubtful though, considering all of us have been "beta testing" for over a year now, right? lol

Pointless thread is pointless.

Waste of time trying to predict something that may well not happen.

/thread

• Like 2

If I were to buy a PS4 with GTAV on release day, I'd probably wait a couple weeks before making the transfer, just to be sure. Besides, I would have to complete the Story to 100% again, so I wouldn't mind waiting.

Spectate ;)

Edited by UniqueAsh