2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Players leaving and returning to lobbies as strategy?

Jehannum

Am I right in thinking that this is used as a stealth attack strategy?

You're in a battle with a guy. He drives away. You get the 'XXX left' notification. You think "ha! He's had enough!" But a while later you notice he's back in the lobby. This could be because a friend / crewmate invited him back.

It could be used for stealth, because you don't get 'XXX joined' notifications in GTA Online (unlike GTA IV). You may not notice that the guy you thought had left is back, and is planning all sorts of mischief against you!

Do people do this? I think they've tried to do it against me. Am I being paranoid?

They may have use a mission to get away instead of actually leaving Online. I've heard that it's commonly used to "teleport" and whatever, but I don't think I've seen it myself...

As for Paranoia, who knows... I've ducked into missions to avoid people without the goal of "getting back at them".

its the best way to get full ammo without havin to actually go to the store!

- choose quick a job from martin/lester/trevor etc

- fill up on ammo

- quit!

= brigs you back in the same lobby and you can continue the battle

even if t was a "stealth" move to sneak up on you..it still shouldnt work unless you NEVER pay attention to the mini map!

They join a job/race etc. to leave and then quit it to return. You are notified when they leave but not when they return, so yeah if you are epic battling with someone and they "leave" suddenly, expect them to return shortly.

This tactic coupled with "off radar" when returning, pretty much guarantees them a revenge kill.

They join a job/race etc. to leave and then quit it to return. You are notified when they leave but not when they return, so yeah if you are epic battling with someone and they "leave" suddenly, expect them to return shortly.

This tactic coupled with "off radar" when returning, pretty much guarantees them a revenge kill.

GUARANTEED?! how can you guarantee a revenge kill if its announce to thr whole lobby thatthe person wen off radar? just counter with off the radar yourself and he wont find you! his blip sill show back up before yours whch gives you the advantage ;) Edited by joe grizzly

GUARANTEED?! how can you guarantee a revenge kill if its announce to thr whole lobby thatthe person wen off radar? just counter with off the radar yourself and he wont find you! his blip sill show back up before yours whch gives you the advantage ;)

Because when they respawn from the cancelled job they are not announced. Several minutes have elapsed and nether of you are in the same location. Sure you might see the off radar warning a few minutes later but you won't be looking for it because you think that person "left".

Trust me, with all the distractions in a full lobby and the alerts stacking up like a list of Madonna's lovers, you will most likely miss it and be dead.

But maybe not. Maybe you have spidey senses, I have met up with players that do. That is why in my post above I said "pretty much guarentees" not "Guarenteed" as you did in your post.

I use it all the time. I use EVERYTHING the game gives me.

• Like 1

People have done this to me so much, I actually think its funny and it makes it look like they're raging behind the scenes because they keep coming back to the same session to attempt to kill you even though they fail almost every time. LOL

How can you rejoin a session with a player that isnt a friend? He would have to have same friends as you or be a friend in which case you wouldnt be killing each other probably.

Am I right in thinking that this is used as a stealth attack strategy?

You're in a battle with a guy. He drives away. You get the 'XXX left' notification. You think "ha! He's had enough!" But a while later you notice he's back in the lobby. This could be because a friend / crewmate invited him back.

It could be used for stealth, because you don't get 'XXX joined' notifications in GTA Online (unlike GTA IV). You may not notice that the guy you thought had left is back, and is planning all sorts of mischief against you!

Do people do this? I think they've tried to do it against me. Am I being paranoid?

Love the ol' quick join a job teleport quit respawn. New car, new location, full ammo. Quite handy. Especially to reset all ability cool down times.

OK, thanks for the info. It's most likely job / cancelling that's going on. I didn't know that caused the 'XXX left' announcement (I always play alone so have no feedback on certain things that are obvious to others).

Captain Revenge

If the game worked the way it should, and you were put back in the same roam you left after a race or mission, then my original Escape route races would have been a great strategy, you would disappear at 1 point and re appear at 1 of 4 strategic locations, mostly to put you closer to a flying weapon without getting cutoff in your quest by another player. So that don't work, and I only go into multi free roam if i was kicked for passing out at the switch, which is another issue, you should get the option to either return to the private free roam i left or the option to return to single player OR just the other day a crew member sent out a mission invite, i go and it says its full, would i like to join a que line, i decline and was taken out of my crew only session and dumped into a multi room.

But leaving and coming back into the same roam is someone inviting them back in, you see them leave, its a mind thing, when they used to do it in GTA 4 they would be designated a new colored dot. Which IMO was an easier way than highlighting any player in this one.

A good way to get kills in multi free roam is too troll the respawn places from the most popular missions, like rooftop rumble, sit on the tennis coaches house and wait. you get the kill and some cash they just made, a friend told me that, lol. (sorry i was too lazy for caps)

lll-H-I-M-lll

i use this tactic when outnumbered and pinned down or cornered when i have blessed to many players with a honourable death!

THEN I ATTACK THEM AGAIN STRIKING FEAR INTO THERE HEARTS! OUT OF NOWHERE HELL RAINS DOWN FROM ABOVE AND HARBUJAHN THE GREAT CONQUERS ALL!

Ai®a©ob®a

I had this happen to me the other night...

The guy was in a tank griefing people and i got my tank out and got the yupper hand on him and i killed him and he left the session and i figured he left like most tank griefers do when they get beat but then a few minutes later i get killed and the notification was telling me it was the same person who had just left.

How can you rejoin a session with a player that isnt a friend? He would have to have same friends as you or be a friend in which case you wouldnt be killing each other probably.

On XBOX you can go to previous players or whatever it is and then join their session...

Probably a game or console issue. Rejoin the same session with friends.

Joining a mission to restock on ammo won't make you leave the session.

Edited by am30

ArmorKingHunter

Haha. If I kill someone enough times that they feel they have to leave the session and try again its not 'mischief' they be planning when there back :) but yes, I count it as a win for me if they leave of course

Edited by ArmorKingHunter

People have done this to me so much, I actually think its funny and it makes it look like they're raging behind the scenes because they keep coming back to the same session to attempt to kill you even though they fail almost every time. LOL

I remember one time I had a bounty and was in an Invite Only session, tried to join a mission (Rooftop Rumble), failed, got dumped in a public lobby. Another player was very near me and was headed by way so I joined quick job to get away (Rooftop Rumble again), but failed and ended up right back in the spot I had left and the other player was driving away and suddenly turned around and came after me.

So I joined quick job again (Rooftop Rumble AGAIN), quit, ended up back in same spot, etc.

This went on for a good 5 minutes or so until a few other players were drawn to the location and were fighting each other (one guy in a Buzzard). The last time I returned to the session the Buzzard had been destroyed and the pilot was fighting off cops with a minigun with his back to me, so I gunned him down and joined quick job one last time and was able to join. :lol: