2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Crew/clan themed dlc

Chumpkins

I really want R* to release updates or dlc targeted towards the different kinds of crews. The updates R* has released over the year was great but they weren't that meaning full, for example: when the Beach Bum update came out, people didn't really have much to say other than, "cool I got a new buggy a some clothing," thats about it. Other updates kinda had a similar response (at least thats how i feel the community took it) however since a majority of players on GTA Online are in some kind of crew wether it be a street gang, mafia, biker gang, or military crew etc. I believe that if they release updates targeting these crews than it would be more meaningful and have a much more positive response.

By the way i know that the Valentines update was pretty much an update for mafia crews. Along with the LTS update which was for military crews.

Edited by Chumpkins

Since crew "types" are nothing that rockstar has any way of truly monitoring or telling what's going on...how would they do that? There are FAR too many "types" to cater to individually. LTS update had some sort of "military" (not really, just paintball outfits) stuff but it also released 2 new motorcycles. So wouldn't that count for motorcycle crews too? Basically, to this point, you take what's been given and apply it to your brand of online make believe any way you wish. Honestly, everyone wants more "stuff" for their particular play style. If Rockstar releases something for one play style then the others are mad. So they release a little something that can be used by multiple play styles. They aren't sitting around monitoring these forums and other places to see what specific types of make believe are happening.

Since crew "types" are nothing that rockstar has any way of truly monitoring or telling what's going on...how would they do that? There are FAR too many "types" to cater to individually. LTS update had some sort of "military" (not really, just paintball outfits) stuff but it also released 2 new motorcycles. So wouldn't that count for motorcycle crews too? Basically, to this point, you take what's been given and apply it to your brand of online make believe any way you wish. Honestly, everyone wants more "stuff" for their particular play style. If Rockstar releases something for one play style then the others are mad. So they release a little something that can be used by multiple play styles. They aren't sitting around monitoring these forums and other places to see what specific types of make believe are happening.

Really? There are always going to be many Military, biker, police, street gang, mafia, crews, and the list go's on. Other crews don't really differ far from these types of crews, for example if R* releases a Street Gang update than it will cater to a larger group of people, you don't have to be in crews that these updates target to like and also use these the features. All crews except for mafia crews were mad when the valentine update was released so R* has already gotten their feet wet with this idea.

Edited by Chumpkins

Really? There are always going to be many Military, biker, police, street gang, mafia, crews, and the list go's on. Other crews don't really differ far from these types of crews, for example if R* releases a Street Gang update than it will cater to a larger group of people, you don't have to be in crews that these updates target to like and also use these the features. All crews except for mafia crews were mad when the valentine update was released so R* has already gotten their feet wet with this idea.

Exactly...there are more "types" of crews than can really be counted. Rockstar releases stuff that can and will be used by most crews. Just because they don't call it a "street gang" update doesn't mean that "street gang" crews can't and won't use any of the available stuff. Basically it sounds like you really just want an update that caters to your personal crew or style. Don't we all? But that's not the way a large company does things especially when they have MILLIONS of people that would all want what they personally want. It's just not feasible. BTW, the Valentines Day update was not them catering to "mafia crews". It was a throwback update for classic old school gangland. An "homage" if you will. They didn't see specific "mafia crews" out there and decide to add it for them.

Exactly...there are more "types" of crews than can really be counted. Rockstar releases stuff that can and will be used by most crews. Just because they don't call it a "street gang" update doesn't mean that "street gang" crews can't and won't use any of the available stuff. Basically it sounds like you really just want an update that caters to your personal crew or style. Don't we all? But that's not the way a large company does things especially when they have MILLIONS of people that would all want what they personally want. It's just not feasible. BTW, the Valentines Day update was not them catering to "mafia crews". It was a throwback update for classic old school gangland. An "homage" if you will. They didn't see specific "mafia crews" out there and decide to add it for them.

Do you hear yourself? of course the valentine update catered to mafia crews whether R* realized it or not. So your telling me that if R* came out with an update the was called The Military update and there was clothing in that update that you could wear which matched the clothing style of your crew (assuming that your crew isn't a military crew) you won't wear it just because i came out of a military updated, really?

Do you hear yourself? of course the valentine update catered to mafia crews whether R* realized it or not. So your telling me that if R* came out with an update the was called The Military update and there was clothing in that update that you could wear which matched the clothing style of your crew (assuming that your crew isn't a military crew) you won't wear it just because i came out of a military updated, really?

Huh? I never said anything about not using or wearing something because it came out in an update. I specifically said that anyone can use any items from any updates regardless if it's named after their "play style". Whether rockstar realized it or not? That's YOU projecting dude. Maybe to YOU that was themed towards a certain style but what if people playing that way didn't think so? I didn't see anywhere in the release notes that they stated it was specifically for one play style. I used all the stuff from that update...as did most people. Go home, you're drunk.

Edited by MoundLicker

Huh? I never said anything about not using or wearing something because it came out in an update. I specifically said that anyone can use any items from any updates regardless if it's named after their "play style". Whether rockstar realized it or not? That's YOU projecting dude. Maybe to YOU that was themed towards a certain style but what if people playing that way didn't think so? I didn't see anywhere in the release notes that they stated it was specifically for one play style. I used all the stuff from that update...as did most people. Go home, your drunk.

Like i said, the valentine update was obviously an update for mafia crews "WETHER R* KNEW IT OR NOT" i never said that R* made the update with mafia crews in mind but its obvious that its a update for mafia crews no matter how you look at it. Your posts made it sound like if R* releases crew themed updates that it should only cater to those targeted crews (or maybe that just your take on it). I would tell you your drunk as well but i think your just not very smart. :bored:

Huh? I never said anything about not using or wearing something because it came out in an update. I specifically said that anyone can use any items from any updates regardless if it's named after their "play style". Whether rockstar realized it or not? That's YOU projecting dude. Maybe to YOU that was themed towards a certain style but what if people playing that way didn't think so? I didn't see anywhere in the release notes that they stated it was specifically for one play style. I used all the stuff from that update...as did most people. Go home, your drunk.

Like i said, the valentine update was obviously an update for mafia crews "WETHER R* KNEW IT OR NOT" i never said that R* made the update with mafia crews in mind but its obvious that its a update for mafia crews no matter how you look at it. Your posts made it sound like if R* releases crew themed updates that it should only cater to those targeted crews (or maybe that just your take on it). I would tell you your drunk as well but i think your just not very smart. :bored:

So...it was an update for "mafia crews" whether they knew it or not...but rockstar didn't make the update with "mafia crews" in mind...that's what you just said right? So, you counter your own argument, kudos. Also, no my posts didn't make it sound that way, that's what you are asking for in your original post. You want crew themed updates that cater to specific game play right? What my posts say is that the updates offer more generic themes that include things that crews can use WITHOUT catering to one type necessarily...since there are FAR too many for them to try and cater to. Simple. But you totally missed it...but yeah, I'm the one who isn't very smart.

Maya Echo Visari

It wasn't an update. It was an event. Events come and go, updates are here to stay. The Valentines Day special was an event that Rockstar introduced to give players a taste of the developer's creativity, it wasn't something that was absolutely targeted at people who roleplay as the Cosa Nostra. They were just the lucky ones. 'For a week they were in the spotlight, yeah. 'Listen to MoundLicker and stop getting defensive. You very well know you're wrong. You're not dumb. 'Don't you think that if they wanted to make a bunch of mob roleplayers happy they wouldn't take away the features after a week? If they treated it as a DLC, (as an update) that was purposely made to make 'mobsters' cum, some people might feel some alienation. Actually, a lot of people might.

'Back to the topic, let me just say that I think this is a good idea. Its not exactly.. completely achieveable, but personally, I think it can be done.. to an extent. IMO, the clothes selection at the moment, sucks ass through a bendy straw.

I would LOVE for there to be an update that would introduce clothes catering to the wild mid-western 19th century American/Mexican culture. Cowboy boots, spurs, cowboy hats (that don't suck, and have character), ponochos in tons of colors, and beautiful patterns. 'Would be great for people who base their crews out in Blaine County. 'Does all that have any place in GTAV? No, not realistically, but then again, neither does the Valenties Day Massacre, complete with flapper dresses, Tommy guns and old-school pinstripes.

I'd also LOVE for there to be an update that resonates a more.. 'Classic 80s New Wave' theme. I mean, the whole f*cking game is centered around limitless references to 80s-esque crime/action film and TV. I'd call it the 'Neon Noir' update, personally. Flashy clothes, glow-in-the-dark jewelry, 80s throwback cars, (78' Chevy Malibu omg please). I mean, Rockstar might as well emphasize some of their ideals a bit more. And not just flash and style. 'Maybe some darker rhythms. More aviator sunglasses, windbreakers, more 'trouble-maker' clothing in general. This would be an update that would be great for people that roleplay in Syndicates/Cartels, or as FIB/Police officers. It would also cater to female players and mid-to-late 70s babies.

You could say that the Last Team Standing update was targeted at people who roleplay in military-like crews. I can't agree with you, but I know why you'd say that. It is without a doubt the most crew-themed-esque GTAO DLC to date, but just like the other updates, it harbors a particular theme.

Now, think about it. 'Most people would enjoy an update like LTS, because there really isn't any form or hint of alienation to the fans. Everyone can enjoy it because it's not targeted at just crews, it's targeted at everyone. 'Some people might not like it, (like me, I'm not a fan of the update, but I still do appreciate Rockstar's work, and I'm not going to throw the game away because the latest update doesn't cater specifically to my needs).

But if the update only catered specifically to a particlar theme, (a crew theme, a street-gang crew theme... whatever), a lot of people would be like: "Wtf man? Now I gotta' wait god-knows how long before the next update and hope for the best?" - Honestly, that would be me, because I don't want a crew-update that only caters to gang roleplayers because that would suck for everyone else, and I don't want to wait another thirty-forty days. Perhaps maybe they can release an update that caters to a wide audience of crew-roleplayers? But not now, and please, not soon. Maybe when they start running out of ideas, aye?

Just swim with the flow of the water man, don't nitpick.

Edited by SevDoggX

One way they could do this is to spread several updates over a few months...

For instance:

Week 1: MC stuff

Week 2: Mafia stuff

Week 3: Cowboy stuff

Week 4: Military stuff

Week 5: 70's stuff

Week 6: 80's stuff (GTA:VC stuff)

Week 7: 90's stuff (GTA:SA stuff)

Week 8: 00's stuff (GTA III stuff)

And so on...

Each update brings in 1~4 new vehicles and 2~4 new weapons specific to that genre as well as some "partially related" updates that everyone could use, like new properties/interiors, missions, clothing, music...

You could tie it all together by having a tournament; make the entire thing an event, maybe for the Summer/June-August? The best Crew who fits in that week's theme goes on to a matchup between all of the other weeks' winners. Have weapons/vehicles restricted to the new stuff as well. At the end, declare a "most powerful crew" or whatever.

Of course, this would probably mean no other updates for some time before and after this event...

For instance:

And so on...

Each update brings in 1~4 new vehicles and 2~4 new weapons specific to that genre as well as some "partially related" updates that everyone could use, like new properties/interiors, missions, clothing, music...

You could tie it all together by having a tournament; make the entire thing an event, maybe for the Summer/June-August? The best Crew who fits in that week's theme goes on to a matchup between all of the other weeks' winners. Have weapons/vehicles restricted to the new stuff as well. At the end, declare a "most powerful crew" or whatever.

Of course, this would probably mean no other updates for some time before and after this event...

The main problem with that is, Rockstar doesn't define crew types. What about people who run weird crews like Transvestite crews or Running Around in Your Underwear crews? They might feel left out (more than they probably do already the freaks). They would have to compile lists of crew types from around the inter-webs and then try it....and I don't see Rockstar doing that. Besides, sometimes crews are actually just friends that play the game together.

For instance:

And so on...

Exactly, thats what i had in mind too.

For instance:

And so on...

The main problem with that is, Rockstar doesn't define crew types. What about people who run weird crews like Transvestite crews or Running Around in Your Underwear crews? They might feel left out (more than they probably do already the freaks). They would have to compile lists of crew types from around the inter-webs and then try it....and I don't see Rockstar doing that. Besides, sometimes crews are actually just friends that play the game together.

I know you don't think its a good idea, however R* already did this with the valentines update, it was an update for mafia crews. I know R* didn't make it with mafia crews in mind but it still turned out to be for them, ask anyone, even people in mafia crews. Its not like people in other crew types can't use anything that would be included in these updates but it would just be targeted mainly at those specific crew types.

For instance:

And so on...

I know you don't think its a good idea, however R* already did this with the valentines update, it was an update for mafia crews. I know R* didn't make it with mafia crews in mind but it still turned out to be for them, ask anyone, even people in mafia crews. Its not like people in other crew types can't use anything that would be included in these updates but it would just be targeted mainly at those specific crew types.

Once again you say that it was an update aimed at Mafia crews even though it wasn't intended to be an update for mafia crews. Seriously, you can't have it both ways. Plus, as stated by SevDoggx above, it was an EVENT and not an update or DLC. The High Life Update is not considered to be geared towards Motorcycle Crews even though a motorcycle was in the update right? There are FAR too many crew types to try and focus on. I'm not saying it isn't a good idea, just saying it isn't logistically feasible. There are hundreds of different types of crews...who would decide which type of crew gets a DLC and which ones don't? Why should Gang crews get a DLC but not Clown crews? It is an interesting idea just not real world viable in my opinion.

For instance:

And so on...

Once again you say that it was an update aimed at Mafia crews even though it wasn't intended to be an update for mafia crews. Seriously, you can't have it both ways. Plus, as stated by SevDoggx above, it was an EVENT and not an update or DLC. The High Life Update is not considered to be geared towards Motorcycle Crews even though a motorcycle was in the update right? There are FAR too many crew types to try and focus on. I'm not saying it isn't a good idea, just saying it isn't logistically feasible. There are hundreds of different types of crews...who would decide which type of crew gets a DLC and which ones don't? Why should Gang crews get a DLC but not Clown crews? It is an interesting idea just not real world viable in my opinion.

Well it was for mafia crews, and it really was an "event" for mafia crews, it was just called "valentines update" instead of "mafia update" it looked, felt, and played as an event for mafia crews but it was trying to be something that its not (a Valentines update).

For instance:

And so on...

Well it was for mafia crews, and it really was an "event" for mafia crews, it was just called "valentines update" instead of "mafia update" it looked, felt, and played as an event for mafia crews but it was trying to be something that its not (a Valentines update).

Saying a thing is a thing does not make it that thing. I can call my Ford a Porsche...doesn't make it a Porsche. It was the Valentines Day Massacre Event. Now, go look up what the Valentines Day Massacre was. It was a real historic event.

I know what it was but what they included was definitely mainly for mafia crews,don't get me wrong I'm sure they made for everyone but it was for sure, a lot more wider received by mafia crews. So it deserves to be called the "mafia update" if you ask me.

Edited by Chumpkins

They could always just look at the "most popular" crew types; a crew name analysis should work. While this will miss those Transvestite and Brown Streak crews, they have to cater to the largest audience, otherwise they may end up losing a large player base (and make players pay for updates). At best, those crews may be able to co-op some of the update stuff for themselves, at worse they'll have to wait for the PC version and get player-made mods and private servers.

For instance, I love exotic weapons (WA 2000!) and while I would love it, I'm not expecting them to implement dozens of new ammo types and hundreds of weapons just to satisfy my desire to have a 3D Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 game but I do expect some new weapons with most/every update. I'm sure car lovers feel the same way, wanting loads of new cars but having to be fine with only a few each update.

• Like 1

I know what it was but what they included was definitely mainly for mafia crews,don't get me wrong I'm sure they made for everyone but it was for sure, a lot more wider received by mafia crews. So it deserves to be called the "mafia update" if you ask me.

But that's not what it was. Just because more Mafia crews may use the stuff that came with that EVENT (much of which isn't even available now) doesn't make it a Mafia Crew update. I know it seems like semantics but seriously just let it go.

They could always just look at the "most popular" crew types; a crew name analysis should work. While this will miss those Transvestite and Brown Streak crews, they have to cater to the largest audience, otherwise they may end up losing a large player base (and make players pay for updates). At best, those crews may be able to co-op some of the update stuff for themselves, at worse they'll have to wait for the PC version and get player-made mods and private servers.

For instance, I love exotic weapons (WA 2000!) and while I would love it, I'm not expecting them to implement dozens of new ammo types and hundreds of weapons just to satisfy my desire to have a 3D Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 game but I do expect some new weapons with most/every update. I'm sure car lovers feel the same way, wanting loads of new cars but having to be fine with only a few each update.

That makes sense but that analysis may not be accurate either. It's just a lot more difficult to maybe do than it may seem and Rockstar hasn't exactly been the most forthcoming with things. Maybe it could happen on PS4/Xbox One when those versions are out and they get the bugs ironed out but on the current PS3/Xbox 360...I don't see it happening. It would also take a LOT of lobbying to Rockstar for them to even look at it and not just a few people on a forum ;-)

Open your eyes everything is there for it to be a mafia update except the name. Anyone who acknowledges the existence of mafia crews will tell you "yes what they included in the update is stuff aimed at mafia crews"

R* didn't intende for it to be for mafia crews but that just how the community took it. at least through my eyes.

Edited by Chumpkins

Open your eyes everything is there for it to be a mafia update except the name. Anyone who acknowledges the existence of mafia crews will tell you "yes what they included in the update is stuff aimed at mafia crews"

R* didn't intende for it to be for mafia crews but that just how the community took it. at least through my eyes.

Oy vey. Not going to explain it again. You're the king of all knowledge and what you see and believe must be true even when it isn't. It's like explaining quantum physics to a 5 year old.

Oy vey. Not going to explain it again. You're the king of all knowledge and what you see and believe must be true even when it isn't. It's like explaining quantum physics to a 5 year old.

its not my problem that your too ignorant to open your eyes and realize that this is an update for mafia crews. English obviously isn't you first language because you seem to have trouble reading it. Its simple: R* did not intend for it to be for mafia crews, however... only the items (car, clothing and weapon) that were given to the players made it seem like they were put in to almost cater to mafia crews. So if it felt, looked and played like a mafia update, it might as well be one. Understand?

Edited by Chumpkins

Holy Christ!! You just used the words "did not intend", "made it seem", "so it felt" and "might as well be". You actually make the argument against your own assertion yet AGAIN!!! Yet you attack MY comprehension? You are more proof that the world is headed toward the prophetic "Idiocracy" that Mike Judge warns us about.

Regardless its still a update for mafia crews period. I'll explain this in your language: if a Twinkie (I'm sure your very familiar with them) is put in a packedge with the word Banana written on it, does it make it a banana or does it stay a Twinkie?

BTW: im assuming your not very old, since your "team" name is Chucklenuts, so I'm assuming your around the age of 6-7 which probably why your having a hard time understanding me.

Regardless its still a update for mafia crews period. I'll explain this in your language: if a Twinkie (I'm sure your very familiar with them) is put in a packedge with the word Banana written on it, does it make it a banana or does it stay a Twinkie?

BTW: im assuming your not very old, since your "team" name is Chucklenuts, so I'm assuming your around the age of 6-7 which probably why your having a hard time understanding me.

Actually my age is in my profile unlike you. Your analogy even makes my point. Just because YOU call it something different...that doesn't make it that thing. Once again...you prove MY point. You should really just stop. You keep repeating things that disprove what you're trying to prove. Logic isn't your strongest quality obviously.