2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

So why can't we drive a train?

Wolfhuman

We can do it in a mission, The train thing seemed worked out, but we can't drive it in free roam? wtf?

I suspect that this will be available in next gen. :p

CarlitoDorito

I hope we can drive them eventually. Crashing them in san andreas was fun, not the train missions though!

I want to drive trains too... that mission was kinda fun, but the in-train textures looked like crap. Hope R* adds the option to drive trains in NG/PC version.

I hope we can drive them eventually. Crashing them in san andreas was fun, not the train missions though!

I actually liked those Brown Streak missions.

GTA VI Timeline of Events

kt7d8sa.png

Tuesday, October 18th/25th 2022

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

TheTechPoTaToCHIP

I think it's because driving the train is kinda pointless, it's on a rail so all you can do is go forward and back. So you might as well just stow away in one of the train carts. Besides, I think it would mess up some kind of train schedule Rockstar set up, because while driving a train, another one might spawn on the same track and they didn't program what might happen in the event of a collision. (The collision in the mission doesn't count as it's scripted).

Edited by TheTechPoTaToCHIP

You can't really drive the train in that mission, you can only make it go faster, also there is no entering or exiting animation. It would need some work if they ever decide to make them drivable, but I welcome the idea personally.

Algonquin Assassin

I would rather get up and move around inside trains like RDR. In all the years I've owned SA I think I've only ever driven the trains once or twice. Didn't really find it that fun.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

I think it's because driving the train is kinda pointless, it's on a rail so all you can do is go forward and back. So you might as well just stow away in one of the train carts. Besides, I think it would mess up some kind of train schedule Rockstar set up, because while driving a train, another one might spawn on the same track and they didn't program what might happen in the event of a collision. (The collision in the mission doesn't count as it's scripted).

That is maybe true, but it was fun in SA imo. When it derailed it was like: "Oh sh*t!''. The thing is, why can't we have it since it is made drive able?

I don't see cons i only see pros.

theworldfamous

Besides, I think it would mess up some kind of train schedule Rockstar set up, because while driving a train, another one might spawn on the same track and they didn't program what might happen in the event of a collision. (The collision in the mission doesn't count as it's scripted).

f*cking up the schedule sounds awesome. Tell me more!

I hope they do cause it would be fun to stop somewhere, let traffic build up and destroy cars also would be fun to mess with the cops as the train is practically indestructible and the safest way to escape.

Could be fun with friends on online.

I hope they enable that in the current gen releases.

CarlitoDorito

I actually liked those Brown Streak missions.

I like them, but they're quite long and my urge to speed kicks in, failing the missions.

the nice little details idiots at rockstar left out...

if there's a train why the f*ck can't we get into it?

and drive them?

If I had the choice, I'd make the subway (LS Mass Transit) trams/trains driveable. I think driving the trains in V would be really boring - at least in SA you had different cities to head to. There aren't really any stations and there are only goods trains. The trains don't stop anywhere, so you'd always have to jump on and hijack them, so I can't even imagine any "brown streak" style missions. That said, I can't see a reason for them not to add it in anyway just for kicks, because clearly some people would enjoy it.

The trains should have the possibility to change tracks, so they can stop at quarry, Paleto bay, LS terminal, train yard and other various stops.

Also, don't they use only 1 track?

DaltonWilliams123

Probably because they are indestructible and would be too OP against the police as they don't follow you onto train tracks if I remember.

TheMisanthrope

I still don't get how it was fun in SA. I drove it a few times when incredibly bored and it was only cool when it flung off the tracks. You do it once and it's the same thing over and over again so I don't get how it's considered fun. But to each their own, I just wouldn't get your hopes up.

We can do it in a mission, The train thing seemed worked out, but we can't drive it in free roam? wtf?

I suspect that this will be available in next gen. :p

I could live without it, but it is odd that it was left out. Seems like it would've been easy to add. (probably) in next gen (maybe).

Edit: trams are cool, too. Hijacking them should be a option.

Edited by Alvarez

Detective Phelps

IT will be included in a DLC, soon... ;)

IT will be included in a DLC, soon... ;)

I think it won't be included by rockstar but definitely we can drive trains with a mod for pc version.

Edited by erenpeker

I would rather get up and move around inside trains like RDR. In all the years I've owned SA I think I've only ever driven the trains once or twice. Didn't really find it that fun.

I would love to walk around inside trains like in RDR or Watch Dogs. Driving a train, well not so much, at least the way it was in SA.

This would actually work thousands times better in IV for obvious reasons. Its a shame that IV didn't have that.

Officer Ronson

The trains should have the possibility to change tracks, so they can stop at quarry, Paleto bay, LS terminal, train yard and other various stops.

Also, don't they use only 1 track?

Actually it was only in San Andreas in which they used one track, in this game they use both.

universetwisters

There's not much of a reason to drive a train when it's stuck on a rail and the only ways you can drive it is backwards/forwards.

Don't think I'm anti-train here, seeing as I've built many models of them. It just isn't practical when you can freight hop just as easily.

There's not much of a reason to drive a train when it's stuck on a rail and the only ways you can drive it is backwards/forwards.

Don't think I'm anti-train here, seeing as I've built many models of them. It just isn't practical when you can freight hop just as easily.

But if GTA VI ends up returning with better driving mechanics, V fans will look for something that drives like on rails. The train is the easiest solution!

Don't kill me :*(

universetwisters

why cant we hitch up trailers as well?

I know there's trailers you can hitch up for the trucks, you just can't hitch every single trailer there is.