2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

How to get people to join custom created content ?

don ovdi' island

don ovdi' island

Every time i create a job i can never get more than 4 people to join. Its like every time someone joins, someone leaves. Its quite discouraging. Does anyone have any method to get people to join other than spamming the auto invite button? (which doesn't seem to do anything anyways)

Make it minimum 4 players, join a massive crew like MP3 or IGN and spam the crew invite button- extend the time when there is 10 seconds left.

Helps when there is a 2X event though for sure.

Not make it suck.

But to be fair, the early creations probably killed any hope for decent content being selected through the phone.

• Like 3

Add people who join your custom jobs and thumbs up them, chances are they'll join a lot of custom jobs ... unless they suck.

Oh and join a creator crew.

• Like 1

don ovdi' island

Not make it suck.

Really ? cus it seems like the more sucky the job is the more people that join it.

Anyways i made a destruction derby LTS on a rooftop. minimum 8 players for more fun, unfortunately people don't like to wait in the lobby for more than a minute .. like i said as soon as one person joins another leaves.. finally got 10 people to join, only to be lagged out in the intermission. FML

I've had to add good players from all over the globe to fill sessions.

After you play a custom job that has a lot players on it, afterwards if they join freemode, host yours then.

• Like 2

The reason I avoid custom-created stuff is that the player who designed it often gives himself an unfair advantage. For example, one custom game I joined started with all players unarmed, in a fenced-in area with no pickup weapons. The player who created the game knew the one way out of the fenced-in area, so he got to the pickup weapons before anyone else. Then he spent the rest of the gametime repeatedly killing all of the other players, as they had zero chance of getting over the fence before he killed them.

handcuff_charlie

The reason I avoid custom-created stuff is that the player who designed it often gives himself an unfair advantage. For example, one custom game I joined started with all players unarmed, in a fenced-in area with no pickup weapons. The player who created the game knew the one way out of the fenced-in area, so he got to the pickup weapons before anyone else. Then he spent the rest of the gametime repeatedly killing all of the other players, as they had zero chance of getting over the fence before he killed them.

Pause>find new session>press PS button>add to block list

by avoiding UGC (User Generated Content) you draw the wrong conclusion from this experience. it should teach you to avoid random invites and search for decent content by joining the right crews, or otherwise finding good creators, not to avoid all UGC by principle. if it wasn't for all the great UGC i get to play, my disc would have been unused for months now. I join daily Creator events with some of the most skilled creators in this game, and i can tell you it adds all the value to GTAO for me.

by avoiding UGC (User Generated Content) you draw the wrong conclusion from this experience. it should teach you to avoid random invites and search for decent content by joining the right crews, or otherwise finding good creators, not to avoid all UGC by principle. if it wasn't for all the great UGC i get to play, my disc would have been unused for months now. I join daily Creator events with some of the most skilled creators in this game, and i can tell you it adds all the value to GTAO for me.

Great answer .

I unfortunately only get to play once a week so don't really get to meet many people more than once , but I do love user created stuff , I have made a few ,admittedly not the greatest compared to some but would love to know how I decipher the good from the bad , thanks

Great answer .

I unfortunately only get to play once a week so don't really get to meet many people more than once , but I do love user created stuff , I have made a few ,admittedly not the greatest compared to some but would love to know how I decipher the good from the bad , thanks

do you enjoy it? Yes = good / No = bad. i really don't see any other way than that.

Great answer .

do you enjoy it? Yes = good / No = bad. i really don't see any other way than that.

Yes mate I love it , unless it's obviously been made as a money or kd ratio "cow" I think people need to be a bit less critical and just play it , most creators have tried best to make something enjoyable , knocking people for bad content will not only discourage people but is going to harm the game in the long run when it becomes dull and predictable ,

Well that's what I think anyway 😛

• Like 2

Fox Stevenson

step 1: join public session.

step 2: check if there is alot of people, if not repeat step 1.

step 3: host your job

step 4: invite all from current session, auto invite and play, invite your friend, invite your crew, invite skill matched players.

step 5: spam those buttons like there's no tomorrow.

step 6: pray that someone will join

step 7:??????

step 8: profit

But seriously, if your creation is good, just keep trying to invite people. As said already people don't tend to stay for much long in a lobby waiting for the job to start and when they see that no one else is joining they leave and after they leave another one joins and he does the same, it's a vicious cycle.

You just have to get lucky sometimes when a bunch of people join almost at the same time, and they look at player list and think "ok, this one has a some people I might wait..."

Edited by Fox Stevenson

step 1: join public session.

step 2: check if there is alot of people, if not repeat step 1.

step 3: host your job

step 4: invite all from current session, auto invite and play, invite your friend, invite your crew, invite skill matched players.

step 5: spam those buttons like there's no tomorrow.

step 6: pray that someone will join

step 7:??????

step 8: profit

But seriously, if your creation is good, just keep trying to invite people. As said already people don't tend to stay for much long in a lobby waiting for the job to start and when they see that no one else is joining they leave and after they leave another one joins and he does the same, it's a vicious cycle.

You just have to get lucky sometimes when a bunch of people join almost at the same time, and they look at player list and think "ok, this one has a some people I might wait..."

Since last update when I do that I am receiving a million more bolcked notices than before ?

I'm getting the BLOCKED notice too, had to host something else when it happened as it stopped anyone from joining, least it's now(sometimes) giving you a heads up now when there's something wrong.

Oh and the reason they're are so many terrible custom jobs is because a lot of idiot kids play this game. The same ones squeaking all over the voice chat are the same ones making Custom jobs for reasons other than for everyone to enjoy. Can't honestly comprehend why the adults do it thou.

you might need a decent title and description to get people to accept the invite through the phone

you might need a decent title and description to get people to accept the invite through the phone

Agree , but what also doesn't help is the way the like % seems to work some of mine have nose dived lately so it can immediately give a bad 1st impression

Most descriptions pre-race on PS3 read as 'No Translation', at least as far as I've experienced. This includes my own jobs, written in perfectly legible Engrish.

Same ,description not working most of time instead of working on stopping creators using interiors ect rockstar should spend some time keeping the lobbys and the info in them correct

Top tips

1. Get a good network of like minded friends.
  2. Join a crew that enjoy playing the type of jobs you create.
  3. Spam that auto invite button.

mechluvin89psn

personally i never spam the auto invite button, is that how ppl get there job to pop up on your phone 7000x? when i have the same invite pop up more than 1x it never seems to work when trying to accept it

Does anyone know how each invite buttons work , everyone from current lobby I get , it will invite those specific people each time it's pressed does the auto invite and skill related button find different people when they are pressed for 2nd time or just reinvites the 16 people it invited 1st time ?

DriveLikeAViking

1. Join a good and active crew

2.add people who join your content

3. Use a name that will draw attention (xXDo NoT dO lIKeThISXx)

Does anyone know how each invite buttons work , everyone from current lobby I get , it will invite those specific people each time it's pressed does the auto invite and skill related button find different people when they are pressed for 2nd time or just reinvites the 16 people it invited 1st time ?

Auto invite, invites a lot more than 16 players, it will invite:

Your friend list

Your crew members

Players in your current lobby (free mode)

Players closely matched to your skill (how it determines this, I don't know?)

Players from the last job you played

On top of this it will also invite the friends and crew of anyone who joins your job, this is why repressing it evertime someone new joins is advised.

I also find keeping the lobby open (you can reset the timer as many times you like by switching the lobby from open to closed and back to open) will also attract players using the quick join or on call features.

Making friends outside your crew that enjoy your jobs is handy as the auto inv function will invite their friends and hopefully they have other like minded friends that way your invites are getting to the players most likely join.

if im really desperate for people to join i let my gf host because people always join when they get an invite from a girl

Edited by GR Choke
  • Like 1

Auto invite, invites a lot more than 16 players, it will invite:

Your friend list

Your crew members

Players in your current lobby (free mode)

Players closely matched to your skill (how it determines this, I don't know?)

Players from the last job you played

On top of this it will also invite the friends and crew of anyone who joins your job, this is why repressing it evertime someone new joins is advised.

I also find keeping the lobby open (you can reset the timer as many times you like by switching the lobby from open to closed and back to open) will also attract players using the quick join or on call features.

Making friends outside your crew that enjoy your jobs is handy as the auto inv function will invite their friends and hopefully they have other like minded friends that way your invites are getting to the players most likely join.

Once again thanks Don , every time I have a question I need answering it always seems to be you , lol , not complaining though thanks mate should be more people like you around here 👍👍👍👍👍

if im really desperate for people to join i let my gf host because people always join when they get an invite from a girl

Now there's an option I havnt tried , mind you don't think the wife would be too impressed

don ovdi' island

Not true, my sister hosts matches all the time and people don't flock to the invites.