2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Would seatbelts be a good addition?

Iroquois

Seatbelts  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Should they be added?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont care

Im aware that you can only fly through the windshield in singleplayer (even though this is highly unlikely IRL from the drivers seat), however, in Online, you still take damage from collisions, which i can assume happens only because you are not wearing a seatbelt in the first place.

This would be really useful in SP and could be useful in Online to reduce damage but i dont see why it shouldnt be added. They could make it like the motorbike animation. You would have to wait a little bit in a static position for your char to put on the seatbelt. This would also mean it would take a while longer for your char to jump out of a moving vehicle.

So yay or nay? Discuss.

Ps. I noticed we are able to construct 1 choiced polls. I got to say, I was really tempted to make yes the only option :)

Edited by Iroquois
  • Like 7

V HoneyBadger V

I am sick of seeing my character get flung forward like a crash test dummy every time I gently squeeze the left trigger.

Yes, give me a seat belt option.

• Like 2

KornbreadMaf1a

No. We don't need every aspect of life in this game.

And a foot strap option on motorcycles? But you'd still get knocked off from sheer force.

I am sick of seeing my character get flung forward like a crash test dummy every time I gently squeeze the left trigger.

I was expecting at least 1 smart alec answer like this. You are aware you take significant damage at max speed in a collision; or numerous collisions for that matter, right? Or am I to assume you have never even gotten into a collision before? Seatbelts would also even be more useful in SP.

PoisoNinja140_48

I could actually see that being implemented. Triangle to get in, down on the direction pad to buckle up... getting flung out the windshield is so f*cking annoying

• Like 2

don ovdi' island

before that i'd like to see the ability to let cars idle when not in them.

• Like 3

I don't care.

And a foot strap option on motorcycles?

Yes. I would even pay $100,000.

• Like 2

I could actually see that being implemented. Triangle to get in, down on the direction pad to buckle up... getting flung out the windshield is so f*cking annoying

Well not exactly down but just a longer waiting period like on motorbikes for helmets. Helmets reduce damage from collisions so this would be the counterpart. But i guess yours could work too. Edited by Iroquois
  • Like 1

Stringer Bell

lmao

• Like 1

Is this The Guy?

I was expecting at least 1 smart alec answer like this. You are aware you take significant damage at max speed in a collision; or numerous collisions for that matter, right? Or am I to assume you have never even gotten into a collision before? Seatbelts would also even be more useful in SP.

He's talking about the in car character animation where you jerk forward every time you hit the brakes no matter how fast you're going. It just looks stupid and yes if seat belts prevent that I am all for it :)

Edited by Thisguyherenow
  • Like 1

V HoneyBadger V

I was talking about gently using the brakes.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

Edited by V HoneyBadger V
  • Like 1

He's talking about the in car character animation where you jerk forward every time you hit the brakes no matter how fast you're going. It just looks stupid and yes if seat belts prevent that I am all for it :)

Hmm?? Oh, okay I guess. I was getting a very sarcastic vibe from Honeybadgers post. I cant tell anymore. I sometimes have sarcasm-realization impairment. Edited by Iroquois

PoisoNinja140_48

Well not down but just a longer waiting period like on motorbikes for helmets. Helmets reduce damage from collisions so this would be the counterpart.

exactly, this would be perfect... I'm actually surprised they don't do it already, considering how far they launch you lmao

edit: quoting mishap

Edited by PoisoNinja140_48

V HoneyBadger V

Hmm?? Oh, okay I guess. I was getting a very sarcastic vibe from Honeybadgers post. I cant tell anymore. I sometimes have sarcasm-realization impairment.

Now that I read it again, I can see why you think that lol.

No, I meant when gently braking like trying to simulate normal driving. The animation for being thrown forward is less extreme in Single Player, but in Online you get thrown forward very violently.

i stay strapped like car seats

Been banging since my lil nigga rob got kiilled for his barkley's!

• Like 2

Thompson.png

Hmm?? Oh, okay I guess. I was getting a very sarcastic vibe from Honeybadgers post. I cant tell anymore. I sometimes have sarcasm-realization impairment.

No, I meant when gently braking like trying to simulate normal driving. The animation for being thrown forward is less extreme in Single Player, but in Online you get thrown forward very violently.

Ohh ok. My bad. True.

• Like 1

AboveAndBeyoncé

Working wipers would be even better.

This... I would take working windshield wipers over some seatbelts

Working wipers would be even better.

This... I would take working windshield wipers over some seatbelts

Maybe in next gen, when it would actually have some use with first person view in vehicles?

Ohh ok. My bad. True.

This ladies and gentlemen, is how to diffuse a situation on the internet.

OT: It would be great, the damage doesn't annoy me much as its rare that I crash hard and when I do the damage to me is the last of my worries. I personally want it added to stop that annoying jerk effect and for realism purposes.

• Like 2

Thompson.png

i stay strapped like car seats

Been banging since my lil nigga rob got kiilled for his barkley's!

+++++++

AceThaCreator

Working Turn signals>Seat belts

Edited by BlackAce23
  • Like 3