4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Grand Theft Auto 3D

Jinx.

Microsoft Word

Hey everybody and the GTA3D Team, looks like you're progressing successfully with your upcoming mod. I haven't been watching this thread for a while, of course because of GTAV PC. I'm having too much fun with it. Just finished reading MeltedSOX's blast at you guys, he's obviously impersonating a R* employee. A real R* employee doesn't even spare a minute to argue with their own fanbase, about the inaccuracy of a Beta mod. But you guys should ignore that, and move on from that idiot. Make this mod as best as you possibly can, and I can't wait to see it released.

Apparently MeltedSox on YouTube was actually SolidUSP

Who it that?

plsdeletemyprofileN0r0k

i think SolidUSP was from Melted's old forums, but lets stop Meltedsox talk here, there will be soon images and videos from GTA3D

• Like 3

Hello there yet again, sorry but wverytime I reload this page my comment doesn't show up, if you see more than one of these posts, let me know because I really don't know how these gta forums work.

Hello there yet again, sorry but wverytime I reload this page my comment doesn't show up, if you see more than one of these posts, let me know because I really don't know how these gta forums work.

Sorry, we've been removing your posts because they're technically off-topic and don't contribute. I couldn't PM you because you need to post at least 10 times before you can receive PM's. Welcome, but make sure when you post it has something to do with the topic, thanks. :)

Sorry, we've been removing your posts because they're technically off-topic and don't contribute. I couldn't PM you because you need to post at least 10 times before you can receive PM's. Welcome, but make sure when you post it has something to do with the topic, thanks. :)

Sure thing, speaking of this topic, in my opinion I think you guys should add Specular lighting to the car reflection like in those beta screenshots, make some sort of gfx type of plugin for it like that gfx mod for vice city. The guy that made the mod even said that the same technique could be ported to III be the he just got lazy. Maybe you guys could do something like that for the mod.

Sure thing, speaking of this topic, in my opinion I think you guys should add Specular lighting to the car reflection like in those beta screenshots, make some sort of gfx type of plugin for it like that gfx mod for vice city. The guy that made the mod even said that the same technique could be ported to III be the he just got lazy. Maybe you guys could do something like that for the mod.

Specular lighting is possible for cars through material editing in the model itself. Very obvious and accurate to the alpha pictures (inspired by our friendly neighbor mod: GTA3 First Builds). We're on it.

Same goes for pedestrians but it's not as noticeable, we have a guy who's currently working around with this one.

Edited by CasualSergiu

snZ2M4m.png

very wip luigi, we've spent A VERY LONG AMOUNT OF TIME trying to get them eyes right and they're still not finished

Specular lighting is possible for cars through material editing in the model itself. Very obvious and accurate to the alpha pictures (inspired by our friendly neighbor mod: GTA3 First Builds). We're on it.

Same goes for pedestrians but it's not as noticeable, we have a guy who's currently working around with this one.

Oh, so there will be specular lighting on the car's reflections on the mod, right??

If so, then I'm looking forward to it....

Claude Faster

aw yeah that luigi looks fine

-image-

misty?

aw yeah that luigi looks fine

-image-

misty?

Sneaky previews are cool beans.

DSdw8Os.png

• Like 2

Excuse the double post but I got a very early picture of the alpha Aster remake.

mOaIsy0.png

Quality work by SOBB.

Edited by CasualSergiu
  • Like 5

Excuse the double post but I got a very early picture of the alpha Aster remake.

mOaIsy0.png

Quality work by SOBB.

Reminds me of my Mom's Ford Aerostar

19993780003_large.jpg

Looked like this.

4g8DENw.png

pic of all the official image renders we've found so far, including a ton that we found by searching on the capital autos site. we'll show more of these renders as we go along recreating them

As Jago said, we'll be releasing each and every picture individually as we find more.
We'll start showing bigger shots as soon as we go along recreating them. :)

Edited by CasualSergiu

4g8DENw.png

pic of all the official image renders we've found so far, including a ton that we found by searching on the capital autos site. we'll show more of these renders as we go along recreating them

That APC is amazing, never knew something like that was to appear in GTA3.

That APC is amazing, never knew something like that was to appear in GTA3.

to think, if it weren't for this site this is all we would have...

goddamnit.png

MOVE YOUR DAMN SHOULDER

• Like 2

4g8DENw.png

Holy, f*cking sh*t!

The only car I don't see that was on the wall in the "shoulder" pic was the car speculated to be the Bulldog.

Edited by Gamerjman19

Holy, f*cking sh*t!

The only car I don't see that was on the wall in the "shoulder" pic was the car speculated to be the Bulldog.

oh that pink car... we've guessed so many names trying to find that one. you see, the names are case-sensitive, so not only do you have to guess the actual name, you have to guess exactly which letters are capitalized too. we've tried bulldog, every name that could make sense from gta 1, 2, and the london expansions, and I've even resorted to guessing animal names (like dolphin, cougar, bullshark, vulture, etc), common slang names for cars (akin to the beamer, like breezer, jalopy, pinto, scoot..), and astrology names. all for a picture we don't even know exists :p

OMG that APC... could that be the beta Rhino?

yes very

I really wanted to know where did u guys found that pics...

like I said they're all on the capital autos site, it all started last night when I had a picture of the shark open and decided, "hm, what I changed the URL to say 'stretch'?" and it was as simple as that! sergiu doesn't want me to tell everyone the names just yet for whatever reason, but as a sign of how complicated it ending up getting we somehow managed to find the securicar by typing in "armoredTruck".

Edited by Mr. Jago

I have been trying for 20 minutes for some cars and they dint apear....i rally wants to see mr.whoopie but i cant find his name....

Edited by TheN00ster

GeneralSteve93

I have been trying for 20 minutes for some cars and they dint apear....i rally wants to see mr.whoopie but i cant find his name....

Try "iceCreamTruck" for mr.whoopie.It'll work!! I'm also trying searching for the cars,my friend,but I still can't find the names of bobcat and ambulance,and the train.These three really pissed me off(while searching for them).

Edited by GeneralSteve93

Try "iceCreamTruck" for mr.whoopie.It'll work!! I'm also trying searching for the cars,my friend,but I still can't find the names of bobcat and ambulance.These two really pissed me off.

list of vehicles we haven't found yet:

- linerunner

- ambulance

- airtrain

- dodo

- pink car thing (bulldog?)

good luck to you if you try to find any of these

EDIT: finding ambulance is kinda pointless since gouranga has the uncropped render

Edited by Mr. Jago
  • Like 1

I have found everything that you have found, but the Bobcat

Edit* Ok, it's really starting to bother me that I can't find it :sui:

I've tried:

truck

pickup

pickupTruck

bobcat

bobCat

Edited by Gamerjman19

I have found everything that you have found, but the Bobcat

Edit* Ok, it's really starting to bother me that I can't find it :sui:

I've tried:

truck

pickup

pickupTruck

bobcat

bobCat

alright since you're tearing your hair out:

uJerk, as in the U-Jerk Truck from GTA2. apparently that was the bobcat's original name, special thanks to gallardo555 for that find :^:

Edited by Mr. Jago

plsdeletemyprofileN0r0k

just a smal lthing from my side:

cyrN7jq.png

reference:

gta3_g_01.jpg