• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sergiu

• Jinx.

• Gamerjman19

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GTA3D Mod. Bringing it back to the way it used to be, step by step.   Grand Theft Auto 3D is a team effort to bring GTA 3 back to its earliest stages. The mod has been built from the gr

Updates:     The Dyablo has been added to the game, painstakingly remade by Son of Big Boss! This ride comes in a variety of colors thanks to Serg's carcols overhaul, but I think w

34 minutes ago, Danielbrothin said:

Do you have all game files, or one of them is missing, maybe your problem from this, if not, just unpack gta 3d mod in any one directory, later download audio folder. I made this is earlier and game has been work without replacing files in original game.

i have all game files

Info dump in 1, 2, 3...

It's that time of the year again when we finally get off our asses and show something! I gathered the things we posted on Discord as well as some new photos with *most* of the things we can show as of now!

2 minutes ago, Sergiu said:

bYOtpgn.png

We're proud to announce that V2 will come with an installer similar to Kalvin's Vice City Beta Edition mod, in which case, we are able to provide optional features such as alternate player or vehicle designs and more!

Thanks to Son of Big Boss, we've now restored the (earlier than vehicles.dff) known alternate designs of some of the vehicles. They will be an option in the installer, not replacing the default cars.

Hachura

V5zVO46.png3iDIUm8.png

Taxi

Aa3RSQy.png

8Ax8uc5.png

Police Car

jFMegq8.png

dI36Fvi.png

Cruiser

jcPseyu.png

Ariant

hsVD2Jx.png

bLH2dae.png

Maurice

iDi6aUI.png

ZKjShbJ.png

Train

Hxvpsx0.png

Garbage Truck

mXG6NlO.png

Esperanto

XrxpNRk.pngE3qpZNF.png

...more accurately textured pedestrians...

zTOWuX5.png

eevfTaX.png

And some more gameplay images, also including some major changes all around, from visuals to areas and more.

koMywlT.pngm4bkCZS.png

AFclO2n.png

QUBKq3A.png

9ITY3NY.pngsQUBQQW.png

YOStSxb.png

vatxoy4.png

j85Pvqp.png

Open at your own risk, huge amount of images.

Edited by Sergiu

I'm sure you know this by now but you guys can really be proud of your work. Every time I look at these screens I feel like they're newly found Rockstar screenshots.

Appreciate it a lot!

We work hard to make sure every detail is on point, consulting renders, wireframes, screenshots, making analytical comparisons of meshes, side by side's of screenshots and where we lack references, trying to keep the same art style across the board.

Hopefully, you guys will feel that as well in the next release much more than in V1 which was a basic blueprint of what we wish to achieve.

It's what we really hope we can pull off - restore every known bit over time, closer and closer with every release.

P.S. On a personal note, I hope you guys also dig the restored Diablo concept art, using the GTA 2 artwork shading style. He'll probably be our project's cute little mascot going forward.

Edited by Sergiu

It's a f*ckin amazing!!! Authors, brilliant work!!! Everything looks like in original alpha screens! You all really did a hard job!💎👍

Danielbrothin
21 hours ago, Sergiu said:

Info dump in 1, 2, 3...

It's that time of the year again when we finally get off our asses and show something! I gathered the things we posted on Discord as well as some new photos with *most* of the things we can show as of now!

Open at your own risk, huge amount of images.

Good job, I looked at it with admiration!

Respect you, everybody!

• Like 2

Yeah, that's the plan.

We're still not sure what, but optional CA vehicles and players are for sure.

Edited by Sergiu
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Sergiu said:

Yeah, that's the plan.

We're still not sure what, but optional CA vehicles and players are for sure.

I remember those ped mock ups from 2016 I think? Maybe those can be included as an addon. Like, maybe a player would like all the peds to have an alpha/beta style? That could be an addon. It might not be accurate but it's more like a stylistic choice for the player if they want more immersion.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, V2 cleared out most peds that aren't alpha or early beta by default.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Sergiu said:

but optional CA vehicles and players are for sure.

And one of those playermodels happen to be... ALPHA 2.0 CLAUDE
OH GOD NO

I wrote above that the server got raided and the link is down for that reason, happened about 2 months ago.

We'll see what we can do about that.

• Like 1

I love this mod! I'm in love with the graphics and features, even though I never played with this mod. I find this very interesting.

• Like 7
universetwisters
On 1/15/2021 at 4:52 PM, Chase2002 said:

I love this mod! I'm in love with the graphics and features, even though I never played with this mod. I find this very interesting.

Why not download the latest version and play it? No better time to start playing than the present

Hey there! I've created a mod bringing back the 2 cut commercials and also the cut Lips 106 song. The mod was made for vanilla use, but I think it can be used to help the developement of this mod. Besides that, I wanted to talk about something related...

Remember the Advertizing Council? It was the place where those cut commercials were uploaded there such as the military and the Ammu-nation commercial, but also includes other ads not on GTA 3, such as the nail gun ad and the Liberty Community College ad. As of December 31, 2020, the site now redirects to the Rockstar website. I've even tried going to one of the direct links, but it instead shows a blank page saying "Not found". I've tried the Wayback Machine, but no dice.

Ever since the site closed down, finding all the sound files became increasingly hard for people who are eager to bring the radio back to its glory days, but I believe there's someone out there who has everything from the Council...

Edited by Panzermann11
  • Like 3
17 hours ago, Panzermann11 said:

Hey there! I've created a mod bringing back the 2 cut commercials and also the cut Lips 106 song. The mod was made for vanilla use, but I think it can be used to help the developement of this mod. Besides that, I wanted to talk about something related...

Remember the Advertizing Council? It was the place where those cut commercials were uploaded there such as the military and the Ammu-nation commercial, but also includes other ads not on GTA 3, such as the nail gun ad and the Liberty Community College ad. As of December 31, 2020, the site now redirects to the Rockstar website. I've even tried going to one of the direct links, but it instead shows a blank page saying "Not found". I've tried the Wayback Machine, but no dice.

Ever since the site closed down, finding all the sound files became increasingly hard for people who are eager to bring the radio back to its glory days, but I believe there's someone out there who has everything from the Council...

Damn this site is fairly recent compared to III's, I didn't think it'd be taken down so soon. Here's all the ads I ripped: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z4jPjUAj6itcvFwXFx_YtkzS9gTBPVmf/view?usp=sharing

Here's all the differences if anyone's curious:

• The Dormatron: Site at the end is "shutyourpiehole.com" instead of sleepofflard. I think this was changed because someone snatched the domain before Rockstar could.
  • Liberty City Survivor: The "dispose of all carcasses in municipal dumpsters" bit at the end was removed in final
  • Petsovernight.com - Puppy: "sorry about the untimely passing of your husband" line removed in final

I wish I had the foresight to get the others, @Ash_735 might have 'em. Thanks for the offer on the radio but we've had Lips done for a while, though I'm thinking of bugging Ash for his since I don't trust my audio mixing skills that much. 😛

7 hours ago, Mr. Jago said:

Damn this site is fairly recent compared to III's, I didn't think it'd be taken down so soon. Here's all the ads I ripped: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z4jPjUAj6itcvFwXFx_YtkzS9gTBPVmf/view?usp=sharing

Here's all the differences if anyone's curious:

• The Dormatron: Site at the end is "shutyourpiehole.com" instead of sleepofflard. I think this was changed because someone snatched the domain before Rockstar could.
  • Liberty City Survivor: The "dispose of all carcasses in municipal dumpsters" bit at the end was removed in final
  • Petsovernight.com - Puppy: "sorry about the untimely passing of your husband" line removed in final

I wish I had the foresight to get the others, @Ash_735 might have 'em. Thanks for the offer on the radio but we've had Lips done for a while, though I'm thinking of bugging Ash for his since I don't trust my audio mixing skills that much. 😛

WOW! I didn't know they were planning to make a commercial about nail guns produced by Donovan Hardware! This is indeed a holy grail information!

On 1/24/2021 at 2:34 PM, Mr. Jago said:

Thanks for the offer on the radio but we've had Lips done for a while, though I'm thinking of bugging Ash for his since I don't trust my audio mixing skills that much. 😛

Thanks a lot, man! I can see perserving lost Rockstar media still isn't in vain.

For Lips 106, the "9 minutes of messages from our sponsor" bit implied the radio was going to another commercial, in the final version the Maibatsu Monstroity ad plays, during the cut "Wash Him Off" song at the end Andee says "Let's listen to a few important messages that could change your life". and it cuts to the aforementioned ad above as heard in my mod. With the cut song included, I also found Lips a good radio station to put the Ammu-nation ad in. My mod included the full version of the military ad from the Council, the ad is shortened in Ash's mod.

Also, here's a link to everything from the Council. The guy below uploaded it here earlier, but he deleted the link for whatever reason.

https://mega.nz/folder/0ctBhYyD#tMqKEePU8XLWh-Gxmw5KLA/folder/0V1EDQTS

Download was deleted because the original uploader lost his account, here's the updated link:

https://ufile.io/e83ih75d

Edited by Panzermann11

Edited by Bob Loblaw
  • excuseme 3