• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sergiu

• Jinx.

• Gamerjman19

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GTA3D Mod. Bringing it back to the way it used to be, step by step.   Grand Theft Auto 3D is a team effort to bring GTA 3 back to its earliest stages. The mod has been built from the gr

Updates:     The Dyablo has been added to the game, painstakingly remade by Son of Big Boss! This ride comes in a variety of colors thanks to Serg's carcols overhaul, but I think w

Mikeol1987
7 hours ago, Sergiu said:

Money counter issue has been handled in our dev version but it's not fixed în the public V1. :)

This pleases me greatly. Simply for the fact that without missions, at least I can do a timed run of mayhem
to $10,000,000 as in pretending I'm unlocking another 'chapter' as in the top down experience.

Great job guys keep at it 

Senor DeekHead

when opening the folder to look through game files, does it say the date of which the game files/assets were created?

On 7/3/2020 at 11:26 AM, zanesix said:

Rather might be time to update your monitor, because it has not been updated since 2005.

Said the guy with a retarded profile picture.

On 7/4/2020 at 4:59 AM, rodie beta researcher said:

whats all this bitching over computers i dont even have one but im not starting an internet war over it

Why the f--k are these morons complaining about my old computer and monitor? Did they really started this "war", only because I said "Rather might be time to update this mod, because it has not been updated since January 2019."? Seriously? Older monitors and computers are perfect for old and late 2000's games. Playing old games on modern hardwares may not work and on bigger monitors you might get black bars on the sides that makes the gameplay less enjoyable.

Edited by RGF
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 4
zanesix
39 minutes ago, RGF said:

You had 2 weeks and 1 day to craft a response and thats the best you got? I kinda feel sorry for you...

42 minutes ago, RGF said:

Why the f--k are these morons complaining about my old computer and monitor? Did they really started this "war", only because I said "Rather might be time to update this mod, because it has not been updated since January 2019."? Seriously? Older monitors and computers are perfect for old and late 2000's games. Playing old games on modern hardwares may not work and on bigger monitors you might get black bars on the sides that makes the gameplay less enjoyable.

I don't think you're listening. Think about what you're asking: You're expecting a modern mod designed for modern computers to support a weird outdated aspect ratio that literally nothing supports anymore. I really don't know what your goal is here, if you want to play it with a "retro feel" then get a 4:3 monitor! Insisting to stick with 5:4 is comical, and suggesting that the developers should update the mod to support your weird specific need is just plain rude.

If you want to use 5:4, that's fine, just don't come in here thinking you're entitled for support for it. Now lets drop this before we have another page of people talking about how ridiculous you are, lol.

• Like 5
Jinx.

Actually it's not your fault, but the other dude's fault for defending obsolete hardware (especially when he has a modern gaming laptop, kek). Otherwise I don't think anyone would've cared.

The mod is actually more optimized for newer hardware and software than older ones, and it will be the case in the next updates too. I'm not a Visual Studio user, but I heard it's something about compiling code for older OSes that is the more annoying part. Atleast that's what I remember from Skygfx discussions. Taking this and what Silent said in consideration, it's pretty pointless, especially when it's only a low ammount of people that still use old stuff nowadays.

• KEKW 1
Senor DeekHead
5 hours ago, RGF said:

i know im probably throwing gasoline in to the fire, but isnt there that widescreen fix mod?

ArkianHue

This is the first time I've heared about the 5:4 ratio 😐. WTF is this?

Also what I got from Google search:

Aspect ratio Example resolutions Notes
5:4 1280x1024 common until 2003

It barely even differs from the 4:3 aspect ratio.

Edited by ArkianHue
COMMON UNTIL 2003. Also, somebody posted on the picture and said"I have a 21:6 to watch your mom on twitch" LOL
10 hours ago, rodie beta researcher said:

i know im probably throwing gasoline in to the fire, but isnt there that widescreen fix mod?

Those widescreen fix mods of course removes the black bars at the sides, but it also removes the intro. Also I had it installed on my other hardware (WIn 10 laptop 16:9, but with bad parameters) in GTA:SA, but it required a 1.0 US version, which I didn't have (I had to get a cracked patch from internet) and some texts were placed incorrectly.

15 hours ago, zanesix said:

You had 2 weeks and 1 day to craft a response and thats the best you got? I kinda feel sorry for you...

You had 2 weeks and 1 day to craft a response? WTF? You want me to look at this thread everyday just to answer your dumb responses?

44 minutes ago, ArkianHue said:

This is the first time I've heared about the 5:4 ratio 😐. WTF is this?

Also what I got from Google search:

Aspect ratio Example resolutions Notes
5:4 1280x1024 common until 2003

It barely even differs from the 4:3 aspect ratio.

"Nicest" community I've ever seen in my entire life... Roasting me for having a 5:4 monitor and Windows XP in 2020, instead of talking about the GTA 3D mod thread. Why the f*ck are you surprised about my 5:4 monitor? What else you haven't seen in your life yet?

On 7/3/2020 at 11:16 AM, maya(#4968) said:

ok boomer

1. What the hell does that means?

2. Why the f*ck you called him like that?

Edited by RGF
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 3

I've got enough of your complaining about my monitor and computer, so I'll explain to you what I meant by "Rather might be time to update this mod, because it has not been updated since January 2019" (I think that you didn't know what I meant, because you're still not bored playing the 1st public build from January 2019 where gameplay takes 5 - 10 minutes only and you didn't noticed any weird issues about this mod). Here are the issues of the mod:

- gameplay takes 5- 10 minutes, because there's nothing really to do except exploring the map

- when I get higher wanted level the cops are spawning too frequently and too much, and also they're so agressive like those from Driver 2 Back on the Streets,so even driving a tank isn't a great idea

- Linerunner and Trashmaster are missing additional rear wheels

- crashing any vehicle damages it too much, which wasn't included in original GTA 3

- most vehicles (for example Patriot) has increased/higher speed than in original GTA 3

- most of the peds uses exactly the same models and textures (I noticed that by using the "ilikedressingup" cheat and CTRL + M debug menu)

- Ammunation shopkeeper is missing

- vehicles don't have damaged models.

Now I hope you understand now what I meant.

Edited by RGF
  • KEKW 4
Earthbound
13 minutes ago, RGF said:

Now I hope that you understand me now what I meant.

I understand your point almost as well as I understand this sentence.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 3
30 minutes ago, Earthbound said:

I understand your point almost as well as I understand this sentence.

I hope that you understad now what I meant by "Rather might be time to update this mod, because it has not been updated since January 2019". I don't know what I wrote wrong, but don't except me to speak English 100% well, because I'm not Australian as you do.

Edited by RGF
Jinx.

- gameplay takes 5- 10 minutes, because there's nothing really to do except exploring the map

It will be like this until the design documents reveal what missions and stuff were planned.

First one is probably fixed.
Most cars didn't have damaged parts, as indicated by the leftover files. Only a couple of them did.

- most of the peds uses exactly the same models and textures (I noticed that by using the "ilikedressingup" cheat and CTRL + M debug menu)

Leftover models from Rockstar.

Ammunation itself will be missing in the next update anyway.

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1
Senor DeekHead
9 minutes ago, Jinx. said:

It will be like this until the design documents reveal what missions and stuff were planned.

First one is probably fixed.
Most cars didn't have damaged parts, as indicated by the leftover files. Only a couple of them did.

Leftover models from Rockstar.

Ammunation itself will be missing in the next update anyway.

so ammunation didnt exist?

1 hour ago, RGF said:

I've got enough of your complaining about my monitor and computer, so I'll explain to you what I meant by "Rather might be time to update this mod, because it has not been updated since January 2019" (I think that you didn't know what I meant, because you're still not bored playing the 1st public build from January 2019 where gameplay takes 5 - 10 minutes only and you didn't noticed any weird issues about this mod). Here are the issues of the mod:

- when I get higher wanted level the cops are spawning too frequently and too much, and also they're so agressive like those from Driver 2 Back on the Streets,so even driving a tank isn't a great idea

- crashing any vehicle damages it too much, which wasn't included in original GTA 3

- most vehicles (for example Patriot) has increased/higher speed than in original GTA 3

Now I hope you understand now what I meant.

-higher pedestrian spawn in the alpha as seen in tons of screens

-the reason why smoke comes out easily is because of beta vehicle damage. smoke spews out a sh*t ton from beta particles.

Jinx.

Well if you take a look at a few screenshots, you can see that the ammunation is missing.

• Like 1
Senor DeekHead
2 hours ago, Jinx. said:

Well if you take a look at a few screenshots, you can see that the ammunation is missing.

im honestly saying this, ive never seen screenshots in that area. only hepburn heights, saint marks, chinatown, and the docks. i dont ever recall seeing a screen of that place

• KEKW 1
Senor DeekHead
7 hours ago, Jinx. said:

gta3_006.jpg

gta3_010.jpg

oh now i see it.

also, has anyone ever seen how f*cked up that diablo texture is?

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
Senor DeekHead

i know everyone gonna say "wAiT uNtIl tHe DeSiGn DoC cOmEs OuT"

but imma make some sort of hypothesis.

what if the vehicle damage was going to be like gta 1/2 car damage?

since only a few vehicles DO have damaged parts, what if there were deleted models of the cars with no damageable parts with damaged fenders, trunks, and stuff like that?

and the reason why only a few vehicles have damaged componements were because rockstar decided to drop that idea and make damageable componements because it seemed "unrealistic" since they most likely were starting to drop the idea for a gta 2 sequel?

latest?cb=20090823091344

Edited by rodie beta researcher
  • Like 1
Sergiu

Nah, dam parte are there but they just cloned normal parts. They did this for the sake of testing and time saving early on. 

Edited by Sergiu
  • Like 3
Senor DeekHead
3 minutes ago, Sergiu said:

Nah, dam parte are there but they just cloned normal parts. They did this for the sake of testing and time saving early on. 

i know that the car parts a cloned, but what are you saying in the first part

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
Sergiu

Mechanically, broken parts already existed even on the earlier models. They just never made the models for those most likely due to testing or time saving.

• Like 3
  • KEKW 1
Senor DeekHead
42 minutes ago, Sergiu said:

Mechanically, broken parts already existed even on the earlier models. They just never made the models for those most likely due to testing or time saving.

oh, now i understand.

but i would like to know, did claude always clip through the car seats, or was there a more different style of sitting in vehicles?

• KEKW 1
Sergiu

Nah, the dummies just have wrong positions. We fixed that in V2.

Our theories are the following, either:

1) They were testing out dummy position for the first person driving cam.
2) They completely ignored dummy positions because the game did not render peds inside of cars yet at that stage.

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1
Senor DeekHead
2 hours ago, Sergiu said:

Nah, the dummies just have wrong positions. We fixed that in V2.

Our theories are the following, either:

1) They were testing out dummy position for the first person driving cam.
2) They completely ignored dummy positions because the game did not render peds inside of cars yet at that stage.

ahh, thats what its called. wait, v2s out already?

• KEKW 1
Senor DeekHead
2 hours ago, Sergiu said:

Not yet, will be when it's ready to ship.

i guess 2020 wont be so bad after all. but will gta series post a video on it, when staunton is available?

ArkianHue

So... are we gonna keep bumping the topic with theories and "maybes", or show some juicy development progress (if there even is anyway). That's what the topic is all about:colgate:, right? Right?!

Edited by ArkianHue
Sergiu

Sure is, right now we're doing some time consuming map stuff to experiment with aap's new max script. It's exciting but it will take a bit before we can show anything meaningful. 😛

Edited by Sergiu
  • Like 5
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 2