• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sergiu

• Jinx.

• Gamerjman19

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GTA3D Mod. Bringing it back to the way it used to be, step by step.   Grand Theft Auto 3D is a team effort to bring GTA 3 back to its earliest stages. The mod has been built from the gr

Updates:     The Dyablo has been added to the game, painstakingly remade by Son of Big Boss! This ride comes in a variety of colors thanks to Serg's carcols overhaul, but I think w

Sneaky little peek.

-snip-

Another angle.

-snip

-Sorry for double post-

Would you mind posting original pics too? :p

Sure thing.

gta3_03.jpg

gta3_08.jpg

Don't get fooled by the sun in the 1st one.

Sorry for this slight off-topic,but been wondering something,I have seen these screens a few times before and only now when seeing them again,I noticed theres some sort of text on the rear of the Cheetah,anyone managed to read it?

Edited by Danikov

Sorry for this slight off-topic,but been wondering something,I have seen these screens a few times before and only now when seeing them again,I noticed theres some sort of text on the rear of the Cheetah,anyone managed to read it?

Fiesta.

It says "Rocket" IIRC.

EDIT: Never mind, Sergiu is correct. Upon further inspection the text does indeed say "Fiesta".

Edited by SergeantSavidge

It says "Rocket" IIRC.

It's 'Fiesta' for some reason. Zoomed in the texture (it's still in the game's files).

Fiesta.I think it is Fasta! Or Fiesta.... Dunno

It's 'Fiesta' for some reason. Zoomed in the texture (it's still in the game's files).

Yeah, I shouldn't just assume things, hahah. Thanks for the confirmation. :)

Yes, it's Fiesta or Fasta. I remember now. Fasta, sorry, my mistake there, thanks, Nooster! :p

It's no problem, assuming is learning when remaking something like this. :)

http://cl.ly/image/351x3c1m1Z0J

Alpha death anims, click that.

Also, we've restored the alpha jogging anims (cop). :D

By the way, proving that this is the death anim.

gta3_g_01.jpg

Edited by CasualSergiu
  • Like 3

Sneaky little peek.

-snip-

Another angle.

-snip

-Sorry for double post-

Would you mind posting original pics too? :p

Sure thing.

gta3_03.jpg

gta3_08.jpg

Don't get fooled by the sun in the 1st one.

I'm impressed, looks damn near like the actual thing.

found some ps2 stuff, the controller config does work! (but resets evertime you open that option in the menu)

oh and btw, multiplayer and debug menus are activated too :3 (but im not too sure if they make it into the mod)

hxOD7UR.pngm4YOeHM.pngIC17dQt.pngLGAEYAT.png

Edited by R4GN0R0K

you know, the beta idle animation is actually the rocket idle animation, you can edit it by lower his right hand and you already have the beta idle !

• Like 2

Well I got it done sooner than I thought, here is the YouTube link to the final cut of the intro. There is a small error in one part but that will be fixed when I upload the raw renders to be used for the mod. Make sure to watch it in 1080p60 for the full effect.

[media=420x315]

[/media] Edited by SpooferJahk

Well I got it done sooner than I thought, here is the YouTube link to the final cut of the intro. There is a small error in one part but that will be fixed when I upload the raw renders to be used for the mod. Make sure to watch it in 1080p60 for the full effect.

[media=420x315]

[/media]

That was... perfect. I'm impressed.

We'd love to feature it as our mod's intro. Thank you for your excellent work. :cookie:

I have a question, would you be able to mix in the E3 intro parts as well? Or at the very least, replace a few pre-release/final shots with those from E3?

Edited by CasualSergiu

[media=420x315]

[/media]

We'd love to feature it as our mod's intro. Thank you for your excellent work. :cookie:

I have a question, would you be able to mix in the E3 intro parts as well? Or at the very least, replace a few pre-release/final shots with those from E3?

Your welcome, wanted to contribute and decided to put my video editing and Photoshop knowledge to the test with this.

I could, but could you direct me to a version of the E3 intro that is not ripped from YouTube? Mostly want to keep the quality somewhat consistent and at the very least see if someone has that footage in a different format. I am not looking for HD footage, but at least something that is better than YouTube's 360p format. What I could do is splice that stuff in and maybe have a portion of that intro dedicated to a credit scroll for the mod team.

[media=420x315]

[/media]

Your welcome, wanted to contribute and decided to put my video editing and Photoshop knowledge to the test with this.

I could, but could you direct me to a version of the E3 intro that is not ripped from YouTube? Mostly want to keep the quality somewhat consistent and at the very least see if someone has that footage in a different format. I am not looking for HD footage, but at least something that is better than YouTube's 360p format. What I could do is splice that stuff in and maybe have a portion of that intro dedicated to a credit scroll for the mod team.

Team credits? Nah, thank you but we'd like to keep it original. Plus, it would look pretty greedy, wouldn't it? :p

Other than Youtube... hmm... I'll go scouting now.

[media=420x315]

[/media]

Team credits? Nah, thank you but we'd like to keep it original. Plus, it would look pretty greedy, wouldn't it? :p

I think we should decide together. :p

[media=420x315]

[/media]

It would but hey, thought I would offer just in case since it was suggested earlier in the thread. If you find anything it would be great, not sure where to look personally for footage like that. I know it had to have come from somewhere seeing the multiple reuploads on YouTube of pre-release GTA III footage.

@SpooferJahk
That seems to be the highest quality. :(
It has to be ripped straight from Youtube. You may have to make it better quality manually if required.

will you use high resolution textures? not much HQ. Like the road texture looks too low quality maybe make it a little HQ?

And one suggestion you should also add the multi-player maps in the game too as they are beta leftovers? but its your choice what you want to do.

Edited by undertaker fan

will you use high resolution textures? not much HQ. Like the road texture looks too low quality maybe make it a little HQ?

They will have the same resolution, just smoother/higher quality look.

When R* ported stuff they left images as lower quality for PS2 and back to PC. The alpha was seemingly done on/for PC as most textures weren't for the PS2's ancient 8bit colours and basics. But that's yet another assumption.

Edited by CasualSergiu