• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sergiu

• Jinx.

• Gamerjman19

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GTA3D Mod. Bringing it back to the way it used to be, step by step.   Grand Theft Auto 3D is a team effort to bring GTA 3 back to its earliest stages. The mod has been built from the gr

Hey everybody! It's been a long time, hasn't it? The mod has evolved a lot over the years, and GTA III certainly feels like a different game now...        

We will need new shoes because I use cop hands, cop pockets and cop shoes now. Kalvin will do the head and some fixes on model. :)

We will need new shoes because I use cop hands, cop pockets and cop shoes now. Kalvin will do the head and some fixes on model. :)

We should manage to chang/modify the head/shoes and torso model, Kalvin can make the jacket perfect. :)

Edited by CasualSergiu

Nope, unless you want to rewrite GTA 3's anim system :p

Do GTA3 BOX and PC versions use different anim files?

The Xbox version of GTA3 was essentially a remake, including higher quality textures, new character models, a completely new animation system, and so on.

Edited by Kalvin

The Xbox version of GTA3 was essentially a remake, including higher quality textures, new character models, a completely new animation system, and so on.

Anim system inspired by Vice City's.

I asked directly about animation-data files.

I asked directly about animation-data files.

I think so, since III peds are divided in parts, but in the XBOX version they aren't... But probably you already know that. :p

But still, GTA3 uses skinned (which is based on vertex-bone association) animation for head models.

So I thought animation formats are same.

I hope someone here have original xbox files and will confirm or deny it.

• Like 1

We should manage to chang/modify the head/shoes and torso model, Kalvin can make the jacket perfect. :)Change the head, and edit the others. And I think a good head would be the Diablos one (the slim one) but edited :)

@DK I can confirm. Android has the same system. And maybe that's why we can't import ped models in Max at all...

Edited by darthvader20011

Nice progress, guys. I love the atmosphere of the screen in-game. :p

Our project is anything but close to completion, to be honest. We are happy to see people enjoying it thus far. :)

Everything you've seen so far is completely W.I.P and will suffer some dramatic changes along the way.

Edited by CasualSergiu

Nice progress, guys. I love the atmosphere of the screen in-game. :p

Our project is anything but close to completion, to be honest. We are happy to see people enjoying it thus far. :)

Everything you've seen so far is completely W.I.P and will suffer some dramatic changes along the way.

Too much drama. :p

Ok another quick update on the intro sequence, after a small test run with a little experiment of changing the file extension of mp4 to mpg, I found that it is all possible for Grand Theft Auto III to playback full HD video with a small test of my alpha render of the intro for the GTA3D alpha recreation mod! :p Anyways, so the package will be done in the coming weeks since I do not have much left to do outside of finishing the text scroll. The video files will come in two flavors as I mentioned before, the standard 4:3 aspect ratio by default and widescreen corrected 16:9 for widescreen people such as myself. It will be in crystal clear 1080p with only the Rockstar/DMA Design logo and the car images in the credit scroll looking low resolution and running at 60 frames per second. The framerate is mainly for the Dreamcast bootup sequence so it is as accurate as possible to making this mod look like it is being run on a Dreamcast console. Before uploading the raw renders I will do one final upload to YouTube of the whole package for preview since they rolled the 60 FPS option so you can all get an accurate representation of what it is going to look like.

• Like 2

We should also cap the game on 30FPS.

Ew so your that kind of people who like 30 fps.......

Well it's not that, but the Renderware GTA games have issues when it goes beyond 30 FPS so capping the framerate will make the game work.

Ok another quick update on the intro sequence, after a small test run with a little experiment of changing the file extension of mp4 to mpg, I found that it is all possible for Grand Theft Auto III to playback full HD video with a small test of my alpha render of the intro for the GTA3D alpha recreation mod! :p Anyways, so the package will be done in the coming weeks since I do not have much left to do outside of finishing the text scroll. The video files will come in two flavors as I mentioned before, the standard 4:3 aspect ratio by default and widescreen corrected 16:9 for widescreen people such as myself. It will be in crystal clear 1080p with only the Rockstar/DMA Design logo and the car images in the credit scroll looking low resolution and running at 60 frames per second. The framerate is mainly for the Dreamcast bootup sequence so it is as accurate as possible to making this mod look like it is being run on a Dreamcast console. Before uploading the raw renders I will do one final upload to YouTube of the whole package for preview since they rolled the 60 FPS option so you can all get an accurate representation of what it is going to look like.

Waiting for it :)

I actually can't wait for this to be released. I'm gonna have to dust off GTA III to play it, hahah. :D

It'll be a pain in the ass to make a wonderful initial release as only generic stuff has been changed thus far. Don't expect the whole Portland done and particle/graphics changes in the 1st release. But we'll make sure you'll have most if not all alpha peds seen & unseen, plus, lots of cars, environment changes, almost complete alpha Chinatown and so on. ;)

By the way, odd jobs are returning as well, Luigi's missions were odd jobs (known from the garage model def).

We'll make some sort of basic storyline (simple cutscenes, etc). For example, busting 8Ball out of the pen. That's why, maybe, Claude was wearing casual clothes.

Edited by CasualSergiu
  • Like 3