• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sergiu

• Jinx.

• Gamerjman19

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GTA3D Mod. Bringing it back to the way it used to be, step by step.   Grand Theft Auto 3D is a team effort to bring GTA 3 back to its earliest stages. The mod has been built from the gr

Updates:     The Dyablo has been added to the game, painstakingly remade by Son of Big Boss! This ride comes in a variety of colors thanks to Serg's carcols overhaul, but I think w

IDK Why but the Alpha Mod reminds me of GTA LCS (as of graphics and athmosphere)

I feel you. It's due to over saturation.

The PSP port of LCS was also over saturated.

• Like 5

IDK Why but the Alpha Mod reminds me of GTA LCS (as of graphics and athmosphere)

I feel you. It's due to over saturation.

The PSP port of LCS was also over saturated.

I don't really think the PSP version of LCS was a port (maybe you meant PS2) but yeah it is due to over-saturation

• Like 1

Sergiu has brought unopieceo on to try making some cars for us, and I've been working on a ped and a part of the map to show off with one of those car

. There'll be more coming soon. :) Edited by Mr. Jago
  • Like 3

Sergiu has brought unopieceo on to try making some cars for us, and I've been working on a ped and a part of the map to show off with one of those car

. There'll be more coming soon. :)

Glad to hear that a veteran is joining the ranks.

Edited by Gamerjman19
  • Like 2

In the meantime we also recruited Mega for building related work and Jinx for multiple categories of modeling.

Son of Big Boss has been working on 3 more cars that will be showcased very soon. :)

In the meantime we also recruited Mega for building related work and Jinx for multiple categories of modeling.

Son of Big Boss has been working on 3 more cars that will be showcased very soon. :)

that's awesome!

To think that I used to think the old Alpha mod was so close to the real thing. Compared to what you guys are doing now, it's not even close.

I mean, you can't really blame meltedSOX for trying. I mean, if you've been to any part of Brooklyn at night, that's pretty much how that armpit of New York looks. One street lamps will use up more electricity than your whole house, all in the name of *safety.* I mean wasn't melty from NY?

Laslty, weren't the R* trying to go for an actual NY feel to it before they went all Shenzhen overcast on the game?

Edited by SolidUSP

Laslty, weren't the R* trying to go for an actual NY feel to it before they went all Shenzhen overcast on the game?

Were they going for an NY feel? Liberty City in III felt very very genric tbh other than a few specific landmarks.

definitely within the year, our release checklist isn't impossibly long like it once was and we have a reasonable amount of content now that would make it worthwhile

Been following this mod since it's inception, this message + the recent screens gives me hope. (and i'm a real pessimistic bastard....I've seen project after project die, from Myriad Islands on)

Edited by RM76
  • Like 3

I see your point but the only thing that matters is recreating the colors and overall feel of the early shots. None of the NY feeling baloney.

Speaking of which, we are currently pushing really hard on cars. As of right now we have 25 vehicles done, 9 in the works and 11 to go.

Edited by Sergiu
  • Like 2

No. We gave up on redoing vehicles that aren't related to the stage we are redoing. We'll be using the early renders as reference for the Banshee only since it's our only source and it hasn't changed tremendously.

Also, for good measure, out of the 11 unattempted vehicles only 2 are very hard. The rest are easier as we made all the harder ones first. :)

Edited by Sergiu
  • Like 2

NY feeling baloney.

Yeah, you're aiming for the unfinished product feeling, I get it.

I was just saying that it made more sense to get the vibrant NY out of a game based on NY.

Because this mod's purpose is to remake the Alpha stage of the game (but stable and enjoyable) and not some custom Thomas styled mod? It might make sense for other mods, but not for a beta/alpha/whatever-early-stage mod.

Edited by Jinx.

NY feeling baloney.

I was just saying that it made more sense to get the vibrant NY out of a game based on NY.

Sure. GTA3D: New York Edition featuring ENB series, bad timecycles made by me 4 years ago and Alex cars.

Point is, MeltedSOX had the same intention. His execution differed.

Edited by Sergiu
  • Like 3

NY feeling baloney.

Sure. GTA3D: New York Edition featuring ENB series, bad timecycles made by me 4 years ago and Alex cars.

Point is, MeltedSOX had the same intention. His execution differed.

I don't know guys but the mod's screens feel 'baloney' enough, just like the Alpha Screens.

How are you guys not tired of constantly promising stuff and barely giving us anything, I've been following this topic for 3 years because I genuinely care about the project. We as "fans" of this are barely getting screenshots, ever. Like man, is it so hard to Print Screen...

Sergiu's much better than me at thinking about the community end of these things. I can't speak for everyone on the team but keeping track of the thread is something that's really pushed to the back of my mind.

It's important to keep people on their toes though. After all, what's a mod without people to play it? :)

mm8LdUi.png

The hospital/police station area is still being worked on, and while it's mostly presentable I haven't completely wrapped my head around the design of it either. We do show pictures from time to time of content that's unfinished, but the important thing is that we must have the confidence to finish what we're showing off. Projects like these can have a habit of falling apart otherwise.

We have a lot of new content to show but it is linked to other parts... Such as the ambulance and the hospital.

In particular, we are revising cars now and pushing out a few new ones that you will get to see real soon.

We have also been working out prop placements as Jago teased...