• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sergiu

• Jinx.

• Gamerjman19

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GTA3D Mod. Bringing it back to the way it used to be, step by step.   Grand Theft Auto 3D is a team effort to bring GTA 3 back to its earliest stages. The mod has been built from the gr

Hey everybody! It's been a long time, hasn't it? The mod has evolved a lot over the years, and GTA III certainly feels like a different game now...        

Meh. 3D hair because it was a PS Filter. There are some pics showing the woman that I did (which is WIP), but with hair being like PSed, which it was not. I put her in the same position as in that pic in 3Ds, and kaboom, seen that the hair was not PSed at all, just filter fault.

Meh. 3D hair because it was a PS Filter. There are some pics showing the woman that I did (which is WIP), but with hair being like PSed, which it was not. I put her in the same position as in that pic in 3Ds, and kaboom, seen that the hair was not PSed at all, just filter fault.

The version we were meant to do didn't have any hair modeled. Anyways, if you need any assistance contact Kalvin. I'm really sorry but I'll only be able to make it on Fridays. ;(

I contacted him aleardy :p

EDIT: Okay we will use a bald one... BUT NOT THE BALD FAT FACE. Maybe the haired face but being bald in the head, still having hair, just ball like :p

Edited by darthvader20011

Alright, time to show some progress to get some opinions on what I am doing with the intro. I took the suggestions given by everyone in this forum and I went with the Pricedown font and changed the color slightly with an added outline to make it easier to read, as suggested by inadequate. I am still working on it as we speak, but I figured showing the easiest part of the text edit will give an idea of what I did with the text.

Anyways without further ado, here is what I have done to the text, what do you all think?

HNEavOb.jpg

Better. You can test the font and post some screen with the red color less intense. Only for view how look it.

Will get to that soon enough, the process of me creating the credits scroll also involves some Photoshop duct tape work to make it look similar to how it looks in the final video. I do not have access to a proper Pricedown font, only the free one that can easily be found when searching around on Google, so I have to do some small edits to make the letters look right such as shortening some of the underlines in letters and what not. Takes a bit of time sure, but I want it to look accurate and it will look great as a result.

Edited by SpooferJahk

You could use a final-like orange outline like in that E3 video, but I think it will look ugly, not fitting...

Edited by darthvader20011

You could use a final-like orange outline like in that E3 video, but I think it will look ugly, not fitting...

Not to mention red fits because of the alpha logo if you ask me.

Yea. A grey or white outline would be fine IMO :)

The dark grey I used it is then!

Edited by SpooferJahk

Here is a sceenie of what I finished on one of the credit scroll parts. This will not be as high res when rendered in the video format GTA III uses but it will give you all an idea of what to expect. I also say that since the image of the car is incredibly pixelated too since I created the image in 4000x3000 and downscaled it to 1440x1080 for use on this forum, so don't be alarmed about that. Had to use the original video screencap to get an idea of where to position the text properly.

grand_theft_auto_3d_intro_video_concept_

• Like 2

Ok members of the GTA3D mod team I want to propose this to everyone right now. If you all are enjoying the work I am doing and would possibly like to use my work in the mod I have one simple request before I continue going into this video project 100%. Could I have some details of what the team would all agree on to go into the opening titles so I can make sure to create something that goes with the team's vision? I am getting a lot of good suggestions and this random sporadic thing I am doing is making me actively reawaken my enjoyment of using Photoshop and learning a bit more about video editing as I go along. But, I want to make sure what I am doing and sharing works with the team since I have seen some of you saying some great things about what I have done that I greatly appreciate. I just want to make sure that what I create is not a dud and of course, is alpha enough, I am a man of quality and want to deliver the best possible thing that tries to meet everyone's expectations as best as I can.

So with that said, what should I do with this video thingy I am actively disassembling and putting together again?

Edited by SpooferJahk

Ok members of the GTA3D mod team I want to propose this to everyone right now. If you all are enjoying the work I am doing and would possibly like to use my work in the mod I have one simple request before I continue going into this video project 100%. Could I have some details of what the team would all agree on to go into the opening titles so I can make sure to create something that goes with the team's vision? I am getting a lot of good suggestions and this random sporadic thing I am doing is making me actively reawaken my enjoyment of using Photoshop and learning a bit more about video editing as I go along. But, I want to make sure what I am doing and sharing works with the team since I have seen some of you saying some great things about what I have done that I greatly appreciate. I just want to make sure that what I create is not a dud and of course, is alpha enough, I am a man of quality and want to deliver the best possible thing that tries to meet everyone's expectations as best as I can.

So with that said, what should I do with this video thingy I am actively disassembling and putting together again?

I'm pretty sure you've made it exactly was we wanted it. Most of us requested the Pricedown font, anyways.

I think your work is quite amazing. For me, it's done, really. I don't find anything wrong about it therefore, it's fantastic and I think it should stay as it is.

Thank you. I'll make sure to add you to the OP's credit list. :)

whaddya say:

-snip-

Oooh, alpha jogging. Lovely.

gta3_27.jpg

Claude will be polished so he will look better when running

He was bigger in side, sorta fat/buff.

I think Kalvin is the only one who can make Claude perfectly, he was very complex compared to the other pedestrians, who knows, maybe he'll make Claude's model full mesh too.

Edited by CasualSergiu

Nope, unless you want to rewrite GTA 3's anim system :p

Not really. He made full mesh (model) peds manually at some point.

Edited by CasualSergiu

Nope, unless you want to rewrite GTA 3's anim system :p

Not really. He made full mesh (model) peds manually at some point.

But that'd require re-mapping.

I can easily make Claude and peds a full/single mesh, but I won't be able to put them in GTA3, due to the lack of a skeleton.

Edited by Kalvin
  • Like 2

I can easily make Claude and peds a full/single mesh, but I won't be able to put them in GTA3, due to the lack of a skeleton.

I actually have an idea here. Is there any way to make Claude look less choppy? GTA 3 models are truly horrible but I believe we can make, at the very least, Claude look less choppy

I actually have an idea here. Is there any way to make Claude look less choppy? GTA 3 models are truly horrible but I believe we can make, at the very least, Claude look less choppy

If you checked the Skype chat, I made PC Claude's model a single mesh :p

Xb3II.jpg

@Anis, but still, holy sh*t, that's looking nice.
I wonder if we could use some Xbox models as an inspiration (since they looked smoother). We'll see tomorrow, I suppose.

I'm pretty sure you've made it exactly was we wanted it. Most of us requested the Pricedown font, anyways.

I think your work is quite amazing. For me, it's done, really. I don't find anything wrong about it therefore, it's fantastic and I think it should stay as it is.

Thank you. I'll make sure to add you to the OP's credit list. :)

Alrighty, thanks Sergiu and the rest of the team. I am honored to contribute to this fantastic project and will deliver the best thing possible! I have made some more progress on the video by doing more editing with the text in Photoshop and got an HD capture of the Dreamcast bootup sequence with the Sega copyright screen to add more to the authenticity. If I can get a different video editor up and running I would like to see if it is possible for me to render all this in HD via .mpg format. Sony Vegas doesn't allow me to render it all in HD in that format sadly and I would like to have this be in the best possible quality possible. If anything I would also like to release these videos in two different formats, the standard 4:3 aspect ratio and a widescreen corrected aspect ratio to prevent stretching for those who might play this mod in widescreen... such as myself.

Edited by SpooferJahk