• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sergiu

• Jinx.

• Gamerjman19

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GTA3D Mod. Bringing it back to the way it used to be, step by step.   Grand Theft Auto 3D is a team effort to bring GTA 3 back to its earliest stages. The mod has been built from the gr

Updates:     The Dyablo has been added to the game, painstakingly remade by Son of Big Boss! This ride comes in a variety of colors thanks to Serg's carcols overhaul, but I think w

The point of this modification is simplicity. Simple yet attractive, just like the alpha. That is the shining point of the mod.
From the fonts used in the OP to anything related (including gameplay) we keep it rather simple and clean.

Edited by CasualSergiu

Nope. Now it is about Melted, not about mod. :/

@SpooferJahk I mean from that yellow/orange to Red, like in that gameplay :)

May I ask what gameplay footage you are referring to? Not trying to be mean, but I am not understanding what gameplay I am trying to look at, though I might be missing something since I am running on no sleep since I am under the weather. If you are referring to the E3 footage, it looks like it is using the Pricedown font the modern GTA games use as a standard.

Anyways, I did make some mockup images to show what I have done without rendering another video to ask if what I am doing is what is being requested. I have two images, one with the standard GTA Pricedown font in red, but another using the GTA 2 font that is in the OP in red as well.

LWYIXg2.png

nibmPso.png

^

Looks perfect but now I don't know what font I like more. :p

And the red color of the credits is a little bit stronger and annoying to view (on pricedown is so hard), do it a little bit less intense or change the color to white or metallic grey.

Some like this (the gradients colors is not important, I refer to the color of the font/text):

YwVGvLJ.png

Edited by inadequate

^

Looks perfect but now I don't know what font I like more. :p

And the red color of the credits is a little bit stronger and annoying to view (on pricedown is so hard), do it a little bit less intense or change the color to white or metallic grey.

Some like this (the gradients colors is not important, I refer to the color of the font/text):

YwVGvLJ.png

I rendered it in red since darth suggested it, but I will see what others say to weigh in on what to do next. Like to have a wide variety of viewpoints to see what the general consensus is for what I did.

When can we see a release?

December, AFAIK...

@SpooferJahk I mean the one that was posted a page ago (or 2 pages ago)

Edited by darthvader20011

December, AFAIK...

Ok in the E3 footage that was posted... the quality is a bit dubious but it kinda looks a bit like the Microgamma font used in the GTA 3D logo here on the forum. But it also kinda looks like the Pricedown font used in the final game but not quite. I posted a couple of pictures to give an idea, one using the Pricedown font and the other using the GTA 2 font for the general text.

It was Pricedown, but the other one may look good too :)

I think Hazzard can help you :)

December, AFAIK...

As far as I know it's not 100 percent sure, might be later.

May I ask what gameplay footage you are referring to? Not trying to be mean, but I am not understanding what gameplay I am trying to look at, though I might be missing something since I am running on no sleep since I am under the weather. If you are referring to the E3 footage, it looks like it is using the Pricedown font the modern GTA games use as a standard.

Anyways, I did make some mockup images to show what I have done without rendering another video to ask if what I am doing is what is being requested. I have two images, one with the standard GTA Pricedown font in red, but another using the GTA 2 font that is in the OP in red as well.

LWYIXg2.png

nibmPso.png

Why don't you put our names into it? That'd be nice, if the others agree of course.

December, AFAIK...

LWYIXg2.png

nibmPso.png

Why don't you put our names into it? That'd be nice, if the others agree of course.

Whatever shots the team shoots this way, I will add them to the video. All I need is some idea of what to add to the video, most of what I am showing is a proposal of what I can do with the intro. Any details related to the mod the team wants me to add just shoot it my way and I can create this thing with the vision the mod is trying to project.

December, AFAIK...

LWYIXg2.png

nibmPso.png

Whatever shots the team shoots this way, I will add them to the video. All I need is some idea of what to add to the video, most of what I am showing is a proposal of what I can do with the intro. Any details related to the mod the team wants me to add just shoot it my way and I can create this thing with the vision the mod is trying to project.

I like it, :) In my opinion, you should use HQ render, the more HQ they are, the better it is.

I like it, :) In my opinion, you should use HQ render, the more HQ they are, the better it is.

I can try, but even with re-rendering the quality will drop a bit for obvious reasons. If I go with a high quality logo and font change, it will look fantastic with only the footage from the intro showing the cars suffering a bit of quality loss. Unless someone can show me the intro in an uncompressed format, then there will be a wee bit of quality loss.

BTW I did *cough*AlphaFido*cough* LC's streets.

HU7kS9J.png

Sorry for double-post. :)
Claude Phase 3 (almost done)

vR8cYmW.png

Kalvin will do his head and his butt. I asked him on Skype about this :)
What do you think so far?

December, AFAIK...

LWYIXg2.png

nibmPso.png

I don't think so with their names looks good, this won't going to feel like a 'original' version.

EDIT:

About the Claude or 'Fido' model, looks good. ;)

Edited by inadequate
  • Like 2

@SpooferJahk.
I think you shouldn't add any team names to the intro, it looks more original this way. Also, the Pricedown version looks better.
By the way, in the early GTA 3 storyboard the logo was red, like GTA 2's.

at1o1C3.png

That's why it should be red.

• Like 2

Was there a D aswell?

No, but since this is the 'GTA 3D Mod' it should be like this, obviously. :p

Also, about Claude's model. I think Kalvin can fix some of its issues and I'll be taking care of the texture side this Friday. Nice base model! :)

Edited by CasualSergiu

For red, I prefer the latter (the one of the many GTA2 fonts one), but for the first one (pricedown), I don't, probably because the red is so intense on the eyes :p, try making it darker and I think it'd look okay.

HU7kS9J.png

Holy damn, look at how bright Claude's shoes are. That's actually pretty neat though, I'm not gonna lie.

@SpooferJahk.

I think you shouldn't add any team names to the intro, it looks more original this way. Also, the Pricedown version looks better.

By the way, in the early GTA 3 storyboard the logo was red, like GTA 2's.

at1o1C3.png

That's why it should be red.

Got the 3D in red as requested.

For red, I prefer the latter (the one of the many GTA2 fonts one), but for the first one (pricedown), I don't, probably because the red is so intense on the eyes :p, try making it darker and I think it'd look okay.

Would a red color with a white outline work for the Pricedown font? Not only would the requested red be used but make it easier to read as well.

-snip-

Holy damn, look at how bright Claude's shoes are. That's actually pretty neat though, I'm not gonna lie.

Indeed. But it's far from done. It'll be f-ing amazing soon enough. :santa:

@SpooferJahk I think we should stick to the GTA 2 font instead of that work. It's rubbish because it would take a lot more time and never be as fitting as the other one.

As my second thought, I think the GTA 2 one is definitely better. Thank you for your support, promo art is always welcomed around. :^:

Edited by CasualSergiu

Was there a D aswell?

No, but since this is the 'GTA 3D Mod' it should be like this, obviously. :p

Also, about Claude's model. I think Kalvin can fix some of its issues and I'll be taking care of the texture side this Friday. Nice base model! :)

Aleardy told him :p

And yea, you can edit the textures. BTW the pockets is not on Pants anymore ;)

HU7kS9J.png

The body looks great but I will admit, final Claude's head looks incredibly funny on the alpha body. I mean that in a good way of course, since I know the head will be designed accordingly for the model.

That is the Phase 2.

Phase 3 is better. :)

Phase 3 has different shoes

HU7kS9J.png

The body looks great but I will admit, final Claude's head looks incredibly funny on the alpha body. I mean that in a good way of course, since I know the head will be designed accordingly for the model.

It's using final Claude's head, I think. We'll use the bald generic head from peds.dff eventually.

Nope :p

They looked like PSed because PS Filters

We'll see on Friday, but one thing's for sure, we'll give him a round head, maybe an edited version of that one. In the meantime, you and Kal can take care of the rest. I'll be on Friday as mentioned above, thanks. :)