2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Heli tails unbreakable?

NombreDeLaBeast

NombreDeLaBeast

Before this update I could shoot down a heli with 3 shots with a heavy sniper to the tail. Tonight I emptied 4 Mags of carbine ammo, 2 Mags of heavy sniper rounds, and some mini gun ammo for good measure. The Heli eventually blew up...where before it would spiral down and crash.

Anyone else notice this? (I am pretty sure that I was hitting it...since I kept hearing the pilot asking who is shooting my helicopter over and over.)

Edit: changed clips to mags. Mah bad, normally I catch that...but meh.

Edited by NombreDeLaBeast

Oh no, I swear if c*ntstar patched this.

It's shame enough they patched tank sniping...

BondageKitty

Tested it. Police Helicopter rotor wouldn't break when sniped by Heavy Sniper.

yCNdzif.gif1029527.pngsYr3sqP.gif

Clip_magazine_poster.jpg

Yep, must've capped off over 500 rounds on the minigun, full pack, didn't do a damn thing.

Yeah, got to 20 shots with the Marksman Rifle and thought "wow, this gun's sh*t", but tried later with HS and still nothing. Minigun did nothing until the chopper blew up.

Not sure if police choppers only.

Edited by Gridl0k

BoJack Cognac

The disheartening part of all of these patches is that if this IS the last update for current-gen, then we are stuck with all of this forever.

No more taking down helicopters by shooting the tail rotors. No more blowing up personal vehicles without getting Bad Sport warnings and paying the insurance cost.

This would be like Rockstar giving us a "Thanks for testing the game for us. Before we leave you to it, here's a 'Fuçk you' "

Ordered my (now Gold coloured Icon) Buzzard and 4 - 5 shots with the Marksman Rifle to the back stabilising rotor and Pegasus contacted me saying my Vehicle had been Destroyed...

Edited by Relative007

Haven't tried this today, but yesterday I managed to destroy the tail rotor of a Police maverick with a buzzard, so is it really gone ?

The disheartening part of all of these patches is that if this IS the last update for current-gen, then we are stuck with all of this forever.

No more taking down helicopters by shooting the tail rotors. No more blowing up personal vehicles without getting Bad Sport warnings and paying the insurance cost.

This would be like Rockstar giving us a "Thanks for testing the game for us. Before we leave you to it, here's a 'Fuçk you' "

Which assumes support for last-gen will stop, which is total nonsense.

• Like 5

BoJack Cognac

Support nor not, ninjaontour, unless they remove Bad Sport warnings for destroying personal vehicles, my style of play is ruined.

Support nor not, ninjaontour, unless they remove Bad Sport warnings for destroying personal vehicles, my style of play is ruined.

Your style of play hinges on blowing up PVs?

• Start a second character to use as a bank.

• Withdraw all money to that character.

• Go to free-roam on main character and blow up everything without paying a penny.

Easy.

Edited by ninjaontour

BoJack Cognac

Money isn't the issue, ninjaontour. It's the Bad Sport warnings.
I frequently talk about my douche-bag style of play, which is 95% suicide-bombing any blip I see on the map and then going Passive Mode.

You know, maybe I deserve Bad Sport warnings simply for the air-thrusting I do in Passive Mode immediately after blowing up someone inside of their favorite car.

• Like 3

TheKingChivas

I frequently talk about my douche-bag style of play, which is 95% suicide-bombing any blip I see on the map and then going Passive Mode.

You know, maybe I deserve Bad Sport warnings simply for the air-thrusting I do in Passive Mode immediately after blowing up someone inside of their favorite car.

At least you're honest.

• Like 1

You might wanna give bad sport a go, sounds like you might enjoy it lol.

• Like 2

Crunch McThornbody

You can break the tail rotors of a heli when it's on the ground and nobody's in it, but damn I couldn't knock a police heli out the sky using that method with the new patch, they just kept blowing up after enough hits!

sh*te update, taking away the fun things and breaking more sh*t in the process.

Business as usual.

SimpleJack_420

I shoot other players tail rotors off with my Buzzard all the time, and did so three times today already. Im not sure if guns still take them off.

Edited by SimpleJack_420

Oh no, I swear if c*ntstar patched this.

It's shame enough they patched tank sniping...

Yeah, got to 20 shots with the Marksman Rifle and thought "wow, this gun's sh*t", but tried later with HS and still nothing. Minigun did nothing until the chopper blew up.

Not sure if police choppers only.

I agree, and I also tried it with the Marksman Rifle thinking that it sucked. First thing I did after I bought it was get 3 stars and tried shooting the heli down as I usually do.

If this is a glitch, then that's okay. If Rockstar did this on purpose, it must be because they want the cops to be more annoying/challenging/OP than they already are. Those helicopter gunners are the worst, so shooting the heli down was a great feature. The gunners themselves are bullet sponges, and by the time you kill them, they have taken over half of your health, plus there are the cops on the ground.

inb4 cops aren't OP, why aren't you good at the game, you noob, no skills

• Like 1

Every update it seems GTA gets more unrealistic and the heavy sniper should atleast blow up anything withen 1 or few shots or pierce through anything atleast

the vehicle damage were updated to prevent some unarmed helicopters " chopping" another helicopter's tail boom ( luckily , cargobob and skylift cannot chop its tail )

Ughh.. After I hit my bitch and moan quota today. Just tried to snipe the tail rotors in SP to no avail. This game is about to be a lot harder than it should be. :/

Alec Skorpio

Maverick can still have it's tail blasted. I did it yesterday while playing High Priority Case.

Crunch McThornbody

eh. no. Works perfectly, get your aim up.

/thread

No it doesn't, not on police heli's.

Well that f*ckingg sucks. Cause the police helicopters were just soooo easy to take out before-_- Im so sick of all the fun things being patched or removed every update.