2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

paying insurance 1.17

meatrocket8

okay, this thread is NOT intended to be any kind of argument for paying insurance vs. not paying insurance for destroying PVs.

what I want to know is WHY they changed the payment for PVs again with 1.17?

I understand why they changed it with the last patch…it was to counteract all the zentorno reverse-killing. But now they changed it back….care to explain why?

You're not gonna get a solid answer here, none of us know. Best answer is R* will be R*. They'll probably change it again next patch, lol

i cant go on jet killing spree anymore, its too expensive now :(

So, jets have to pay insurance now also?

Before 1.17

(if a player is NOT inside his personal vehicle and you blow it up, you will be charged full amount )

(If a player is inside his personal vehicle and you blow it up, you will not be charged at all)

After 1.17

(If you blow up player inside his personal vehicle or not you will be charged either way )

playing for a few hours today in the jet and that's what i noticed.

Edited by zenifystone

Sucks to be you.

• Like 3

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

honestly im still gonna blow up people that try to reverse drive kill me with bullet proof backed cars :)

and though im not 100 percent positive about this, hell, its nice that fighter jets are gonna pay for destroying my cars :)

• Like 4

They should change it back to the way it was. It was a win-win situation before. Car blew up, got the kill, no insurance for either party. So it's not like you lost anything for coming at me in reverse like a retard.

Also, it didn't matter when the jets didn't pay your insurance bc you didn't have to pay either... So there was no problem. I never minded jets blowing my car up when no one had to pay the insurance.

Edited by rharri02
  • Like 4

CarimboHanky

They should change it back to the way it was. It was a win-win situation before. Car blew up, got the kill, no insurance for either party. So it's not like you lost anything for coming at me in reverse like a retard.

Also, it didn't matter when the jets didn't pay your insurance bc you didn't have to pay either... So there was no problem. I never minded jets blowing my car up when no one had to pay the insurance.

im sure they monitored the lobbies throughout patch 1.16 and notice people having fun!!

R* Board Member=

*wait what are they doing?*

R* Lobby Monitor=

* they are happy now that they dont have to pay insurance or badsport for blowing PVs*

R* Board Member=

*you mean they are having... fun?*

R* Lobby Monitor=

*looks like it sir*

R* Board Member=

*that sh*t better be gone with next patch*

R* Motto... Fun is FORBIDDEN!

Rockstar seems to be aiming for the lowest common denominator. Some of the things that were in game at launch or added later make zero sense to me. Bad sport, PV insurance, not being able to do x,y,or z.

I think they'd give out participation trophies if they could.

It's that bold new direction in online gaming.

• Like 2

Charles_Lee_Raye

Can I still thrash pvs without bs points??

Dont care about money only the bs points.

Rockstar seems to be aiming for the lowest common denominator. Some of the things that were in game at launch or added later make zero sense to me. Bad sport, PV insurance, not being able to do x,y,or z.

I think they'd give out participation trophies if they could.

It's that bold new direction in online gaming.

Pretty sure appealing to the lowest common denominator would mean no insurance and free jets for everyone

Shark Cards!!

the more money spent on insurance, the more shark card sales..

lol

• Like 3

im sure they monitored the lobbies throughout patch 1.16 and notice people having fun!!

R* Board Member=

*wait what are they doing?*

R* Lobby Monitor=

* they are happy now that they dont have to pay insurance or badsport for blowing PVs*

R* Board Member=

*you mean they are having... fun?*

R* Lobby Monitor=

*looks like it sir*

R* Board Member=

*that sh*t better be gone with next patch*

R* Motto... Fun is FORBIDDEN!

nice lil skit but its not about fun factor its the more gta$ out the more real dollars coming in..

blame it on the ppl who supported the what? 100million in shark card sales. now they tax everything and missions were nerfed for almost a year to gain sales

• Like 1

This game could be Soooo much more fun it's really mind boggling the decisions they make. Here's a bugatti for you have fun enjoy! But its governed at 25 mph unless you pay me. Fah-q R* I glitched your sh*t so bad eat me.

Before 1.17

(if a player is NOT inside his personal vehicle and you blow it up, you will be charged full amount )

(If a player is inside his personal vehicle and you blow it up, you will not be charged at all)

After 1.17

(If you blow up player inside his personal vehicle or not you will be charged either way )

playing for a few hours today in the jet and that's what i noticed.

Thanks, all I needed to know.

NOPE, you get BS points for destroying them now.

But honestly, if someone comes in f*cking zentorno or entity to reverse shoot me, I will gladly blow them up and earn those BS, it's not like I can't play job or two to even out my score later on...

Edited by pedinhuh

Charles_Lee_Raye

NOPE, you get BS points for destroying them now.

But honestly, if someone comes in f*cking zentorno or entity to reverse shoot me, I will gladly blow them up and earn those BS, it's not like I can't play job or two to even out my score later on...

This is fvcking bs. I can understand paying $$$ but why the fvck can someone kill me with impunity from their car and im bad because I shoot back???

Wtf

• Like 3

Well looks like it's time to store my savings on 2nd character again.

I don't think it's safe to assume the 1.16 changes were to counteract Zentorno's/ Entity's but instead likely just an unexpected bug.

• Like 1

BoJack Cognac

Okay, so now we have to pay for destroying personal vehicles regardless, right?
Do we still avoid a Bad Sport warning so long as we destroy a car with its owner inside of it?

I can afford to destroy vehicles, but my style of play landed me in Bad Sport prior to 1.16

Edit - Just read more comments.
Bad Sport is back regardless.

I'm screwed.

Edited by BoJack Cognac
  • Like 2

my style of play landed me in Bad Sport prior to 1.16

I'm screwed.

I feel the same way. Generally I dont seek people out but if someone comes for me, im going to kill them put a sticky on their PV and kill them again. See you in BS lobby

• Like 1

Oh, please. I assume this is a dry droll joke, since all griefers have known forever that they can put their money in cash in their second character, so the victim has to pay his own insurance. Rockstar should take the money from the shared account.

Furthermore, if the griefer has zero dollars on both characters, or less dollars than the insurance on the victim's car, the weapon should be ineffective and do no damage.

Third, the griefer's bank account should go negative by the amount of the insurance, and they have almost no privileges in GTA0 until they scrape up enough pocket change to get postive again.

Fourth, jets should pay a 100X multiplier on the insurance, since they are so overpowered and impossible to escape from. Tanks should pay a 10X multiplier since, even though they are overpowered, it is easier to outrun them.

Edited by saintsrow
  • Like 3

I think its great! You guys wanna cry about bulletproof Zentorno's, but thats bullsh*t, and we all know it. You're just pissed because your griefing just got nerfed.

FU..

• Like 3

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

I kinda will feel better to know someone payed for my cars to be honest...sertainly fighter jet grievers :)

Also if those people end up in bad sport its only good news :)

That being said...since januari i blew up personal vehicles all the time

Never even been in the bad sport lobby :)

Charles_Lee_Raye

I think its great! You guys wanna cry about bulletproof Zentorno's, but thats bullsh*t, and we all know it. You're just pissed because your griefing just got nerfed.

FU..

No f u you little b!tch. You probly reverse douche people yourself.

Youre all still getting blown up now we just have to run more missions after...

There should be no bs points for blowing up someone in a car. Ill pay all day.

Yes because people shouldn't be punished for blowing up random peoples cars lol.

If you get owned by someone reverse killing you its your fault.

Charles_Lee_Raye

Yes because people shouldn't be punished for blowing up random peoples cars lol.

Great another moron...

Nothing is random about someone shooting you from a car and retaliating against them you twit.

And you obviously are too slow to understand. The reverse douchers are not killing me I am blowing them up. Thus the frustration for getting bs points for defending myself.

Wtf is so hard to get about that??

I feel like you people are Kanye West in the Southpark fish sticks episode and im carlos mencia. Just get it man just get it..

Great another moron...

Nothing is random about someone shooting you from a car and retaliating against them you twit.

And you obviously are too slow to understand. The reverse douchers are not killing me I am blowing them up. Thus the frustration for getting bs points for defending myself.

I feel like you people are Kanye West in the Southpark fish sticks episode and im carlos mencia. Just get it man just get it..

Calling me a moron yet you are too stupid to kill the person without needing to blow up the car... You act like blowing crap up is the only way to defend yourself.

Charles_Lee_Raye

Great another moron...

Calling me a moron yet you are too stupid to kill the person without needing to blow up the car... You act like blowing crap up is the only way to defend yourself.

Omg dude what about the reverse douchers???????

You want people to circumnavigate and get around them just to get a clean kill?

Seriously???

Any car thats shooting at me and close enough im blowing up. Then running missions for good sport points.

And im sorry for name calling but anyone who thinks Its reasonable/logical for one person to kill another with impunity (referring to bad sport) just because theyre In a car and anyone who retaliates against said person Is the bad guy Is a straight up idiot.

• Like 2