2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Bulletproof Helmets!?

ninjaontour

Do you think this will upset the look of GTAO?  

400 members have voted

1. 1. Will this upset the dynamic and aesthetics of GTAO?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Don't know.

Having just read the patch notes I'm really not sure how to feel about the addition of helmets that protect us against headshots. It seems to me that every player now has to invest in, and wear these new accessories to keep on a level playing platform with others.

How do you guys feel about this addition in particular?

It's cheap. No player should have the advantage simply because they have gear that protects them against that. I know that body armor protects against bullets, but this protects against headshots.

dVOJf7l.png

Bullet resistant. Not bulletproof.

You can still headshot people.

Not fully bulletproof.

We tested it against a Heavy Sniper carried by a level 233 player with maxed skills. Takes 2-3 shots until it kills.

The new Team Tops also carry some degree of protection and durability, allowing you around 10-20% more damage input before crapping out.

• Like 3

Miss Malevolent

Just takes more shots.

I don't see a problem.

• Like 3

Just takes more shots.

I don't see a problem.

My point is that now to keep yourself at top level protection you have to wear a helmet. I wouldn't have such an issue if they had the same option as body armour to turn auto-show off.

Not fully bulletproof.

We tested it against a Heavy Sniper carried by a level 233 player with maxed skills. Takes 2-3 shots until it kills.

The new Team Tops also carry some degree of protection and durability, allowing you around 10-20% more damage input before crapping out.

2-3 shots from a .50 cal is silly lol.

Edited by ninjaontour

Miss Malevolent

My point is that now to keep yourself at top level protection you have to wear a helmet. I wouldn't have such an issue if they had the same option as body armour to turn auto-show off.

I get it, but I'm not wearing one anyway...most times it takes 2 headshots to bring my character down anyway. First one makes her go deep red and if someone is quick enough, I'll die.

• Like 1

CrysisAverted

Heh, whats next, Bulletproof Monks?

Sucks. Balls.

You know how this works. EVERYONE will wear these helmets, making GTAO look like a f*cking motorbike school.

And nerfing head shots from the HS even more? f*ck that, don't R* play this game? Getting a red hit indicator on a Lazer or Buzzard pilot but no kill makes the baby jesus cry.

Sucks. Balls.

You know how this works. EVERYONE will wear these helmets, making GTAO look like a f*cking motorbike school.

And nerfing head shots from the HS even more? f*ck that, don't R* play this game? Getting a red hit indicator on a Lazer or Buzzard pilot but no kill makes the baby jesus cry.

This is exactly what I'm thinking, unfortunately. Oh well.

• Like 3

Has anyone tested the new outfits + Super Heavy Armor to see how much damage you can take?

dVOJf7l.png

Tali vas Normandy

It sounds dumb

Why bother going for headshots anymore??

Edited by tali vas Normandy

Its more or less like heavy armour... Its there but its almost useless and makes no difference

• Like 6

NORMAL MOTORCYCLE HELMETS WAS PROTECTING PLAYERS AGAINST BULLETS TOO, WHY THE HELL DID YOU ADD BULLETPROOF HELMETS FOR f*ckS SAKE -_-

• Like 3

Its more or less like heavy armour... Its there but its almost useless and makes no difference

Heavy armour is OFTEN the deciding factor in a gunfight.

The_darkest_side

Not too happy at the thought of having to display a fugly helmet when I want to keep myself protected to the max to be honest. My characters dress style is something I like to put effort into.

Furry_Monkey

So basically I have to now wear something that totally obscures the facial features that I potentially spent hours creating, along with the paid items like hair, make-up, facial tattoos, hats and glasses, in order to not be at a disadvantage to other players?

That is wank.

This update has brought some lovely new features and a whole raft of fixes, but as per usual they have to chuck a fucking dumb idea in there as well.

I can see all the try hards in deathmatch now...

The majority of the GTAO community will never take this helmet off now.

The_darkest_side

So basically I have to now wear something that totally obscures the facial features that I potentially spent hours creating, along with the paid items like hair, make-up, facial tattoos, hats and glasses, in order to not be at a disadvantage to other players?

That is wank.

This ^ this all day long. Sometimes I doubt whether a Failstar employee has ever played this game. Certainly the devs seem not to.

Helmet and top, both add protection.

I guess I'll be wearing them forever. I'll miss my SupaWet hat.

ADropInTheOcean

I won't, I still prefer my French beret over that thing, at least when I'm not trying to dress in a military style.

Someone obviously hasn't tested the helmet. You can still kill people with headshots.

Regular sniper 2 shots

Heavy sniper 1 shot

Marksman rifle 2 shots

Why get so paranoid? Like others have said, it's like heavy armor....pretty useless. After a week everyone will go back to Pogo masks.

Edited by TreFacTor

Furry_Monkey

That is wank.

This ^ this all day long. Sometimes I doubt whether a Failstar employee has ever played this game. Certainly the devs seem not to.

In fairness to the devs, they won't have any creative control whatsoever. They'll literally be treated like code monkeys, told what to do and how to do it, and they're probably not allowed to talk to each other, just like the Monty Python sketch about the funniest joke in the world.

The Helmets look completely and utterly ridiculous in my opinion and the completely masked options are not much better...Really like the "Night" option under Team Outfits though and am wearing that now.

All the options without helmets look much better and I could not care the least about other players having a slight advantage against me if they want to.

The_darkest_side

There should be an option to auto hide this. Hopefully in the next patch.

Stoked they listened to the community and added the option to disable double tapping for Snapmatic, so hopefully they will add auto hide for this too! I care about my hair, hats and glasses.......

• Like 4

NotoriousJDP

There should be an option to auto hide this. Hopefully in the next patch.

Stoked they listened to the community and added the option to disable double tapping for Snapmatic, so hopefully they will add auto hide for this too! I care about my hair, hats and glasses.......

To all the fools who thought the double tapping for Snapmatic thing was a good idea and argued with me about it: I told you so, told you so, told you, told you, told you so.

• Like 3

It sort of ruins looks. Clothes were the only freedom we had. People go with the cars with the best stats and the most OP weapons. Now, everyone will be wearing these helmets...

They made body armor invisible, they need to make this too. It ruins distinct looks now.