2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

zombies vs. alien

mjansing82

alien invasion vs. zombie apocalypse  

82 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to choose zombie dlc or an alien invasion dlc for gta 5 which would you choose?

• Zombie Apocalypse
    • Alien invasion

Word of course of a zombie dlc coming out at some point. I know some people feel it has been outdone but theoreticaly specifically if they could make an alien invasion dlc or zombie which one would you choose?

Edited by mjansing82

Alien invasion please, the zombie era is done!!! (well, not really it still is pretty entertaining) I just want to get my hands on those xenomorphs!!!

Both suck! Absolute sh*t!

What a waste of dlc!

Many people still seem to be having a serious trouble in getting the concept of GTA through their thick heads properly.

I would prefer the new content in the form of interesting activities, fitting for the open world crime adventures which are a lot more satisfying when added to the base game, for the things to do outside story, than wasting the time behind bunch of aliens/zombies.

• Like 8

Zombies were done great in Red Dead Redemption, i think it would be cool to get a modernized Undead Nightmare for GTA V. A Zombie DLC can also contain some Aliens too, like Undead Nightmare had sasquatches and other mythical creatures.

• Like 2

Algonquin Assassin

Aliens, but only because it would be something different. Really I think it would be sh*t if they favoured something like this over more desirable, GTA like DLC.

• Like 3

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

i'd be happy with anything decent dlc-wise.. compared to what is currently on offer, shouldn't be too hard

YUOlRTX.jpg ..but the current dlc's are all freees preciouss!

pUTTIWF.jpg ..the current dlc's can all go fukz themselvez in the azzez, preciousss!

Edited by krashr
  • Like 3

LQayY8P.jpg

Zombies are so played out. I don't understand the obsession with them.They would present no challenge in a world like GTA. Slow moving corpses that can't shoot guns, no, sorry. I'd just equip my Combat MG, hop in my tank or Buzzard, and that's it.

I honestly don't want either. I want some story DLC for M, T, and F. Better side activites, etc, etc. Some DLC that's on par with TLaD and TBoGT

• Like 3

Lelouch The Zero

If the Zombies in Undead Nightmare and Saints Row The Third are anything to go by, I don't want them. Zombies have been done to death, I'd much rather take my chances with an Alien Invasion DLC because there are already UFOs in the game and it would just expand on what we already have, and may even lead to solving the Mount Chiliad mystery.

Contractkiller Apocalypse would be my choice if there was one . Imagine constant threat of hitmen following you (and your family wtf)and u cant see them coming until its almost too late .Some mafia type sh*t i want to see .

The logical answer would be.. Zombie aliens. Seriously, how about undead xenomorphs or even alien parasites who take control over (dead) human bodies?

Zombies in general are overdone in games and while aliens were already present in a similar open world game (Saints Row IV) they otherwise are still kind of rare in such games. Also the base game already covered some alien stuff and there are already models for them, which makes it only logical to use aliens over zombies. Less work.

I think it'd be great but in the end I much prefer a more serious storyline instead of fictional stuff.

Edited by Freezer89

Snake Plissken

Los Santos is a walled maximum security prison. Breaking out is impossible. Breaking in is insane.

In 2014, the crime rate in the United States had increased 200% above severe levels, so, following a huge natural disaster, the island of Los Santos was evacuated and turned into a giant maximum-security prison in which all inmates serve a life sentence, as prisoners sent inside are never released, they can opt for an assisted suicide prior to imprisonment in order to be spared from the inevitable lawlessness and violence. A 50-foot (15 m) containment wall surrounds the island and many of Los Santos bridges and tunnels have either been dismantled or are covered with mines to prevent anyone escaping from the prison. The surrounding waters are patrolled and no civilians, not even prison guards, are allowed to set foot on the island.

Dave Norton has been called in for an FIB/IAA meeting and is scheduled to fly to Liberty City for the meet. However, things don't go as planned as Dave's passenger jet is shot down over Los Santos (having him placed in a pod and ejected from the aircraft to parachute below). When his pod parachutes below he is then captured and held for ransom by prisoners. A security force is dispatched to track Dave only to be met by an underling (right-hand man) of the "Duke of Los Santos" who warns them that the "Duke" has taken Dave hostage and that they have 24 hours to meet their sole demand; to allow all the Los Santos inmates access to the mainland. Should this not be granted, Dave will be executed. Checkmated, the security forces withdraw from Los Santos.

Lame, I know... I'm high as hell right and coming up with crazy sh*t.

Quick summary:

- You play as Michael and meet plenty of new Strangers and Freaks (prisoners/street gangs) along the way.

- You have 24 hours to get Dave back in one piece (Michael would wear an in-game watch in which you could check whenever you want). Michael was injected with a virus before leaving to rescue Dave by mercenaires. A virus that, if not treated, will cause death without the proper shot injection. Without this medicine, Michael will be dead when the timer reaches 00:00:00.

- New vehicles and new weapons. (Careful crossing bridges... They are filled with mines). Don't even try going out to sea. Patrol boats are all over the place and are on "shoot to kill" orders.

Much more... I'm too lazy too type all the stuff at the moment.

Edited by Snake Plissken

Los Santos is a walled maximum security prison. Breaking out is impossible. Breaking in is insane.

In 2014, the crime rate in the United States had increased 200% above severe levels, so, in that following year a huge natural disaster, the island of Los Santos was evacuated and turned into a giant maximum-security prison in which all inmates serve a life sentence, as prisoners sent inside are never released, they can opt for an assisted suicide prior to imprisonment in order to be spared from the inevitable lawlessness and violence. A 50-foot (15 m) containment wall surrounds the island and many of Los Santos bridges and tunnels have either been dismantled or are covered with mines to prevent anyone escaping from the prison. The surrounding waters are patrolled and no civilians, not even prison guards, are allowed to set foot on the island.

Dave Norton has been called in for an FIB/IAA meeting and his scheduled to fly to Liberty City for the meet. However, things don't go as planned as Dave's passenger jet is shot down over Los Santos (having him placed in a pod and ejected from the aircraft to parachute below). When his pod parachutes below he is then captured and held for ransom by prisoners. A security force is dispatched to track the Dave only to be met by an underling of the "Duke of Los Santos" who warns them that the "Duke" has taken Dave hostage and that they have 24 hours to meet their sole demand; to allow all the Los Santos inmates access to the mainland. Should this not be granted, Dave will be executed. Checkmated, the security forces withdraw from Los Santos.

Just f*cking wow, this is fantastic.

In 2014, the crime rate in the United States had increased 200% above severe levels, so, in that following year a huge natural disaster, the island of Los Santos was evacuated and turned into a giant maximum-security prison in which all inmates serve a life sentence, as prisoners sent inside are never released, they can opt for an assisted suicide prior to imprisonment in order to be spared from the inevitable lawlessness and violence. A 50-foot (15 m) containment wall surrounds the island and many of Los Santos bridges and tunnels have either been dismantled or are covered with mines to prevent anyone escaping from the prison. The surrounding waters are patrolled and no civilians, not even prison guards, are allowed to set foot on the island.

Dave Norton has been called in for an FIB/IAA meeting and is scheduled to fly to Liberty City for the meet. However, things don't go as planned as Dave's passenger jet is shot down over Los Santos (having him placed in a pod and ejected from the aircraft to parachute below). When his pod parachutes below he is then captured and held for ransom by prisoners. A security force is dispatched to track Dave only to be met by an underling (right-hand man) of the "Duke of Los Santos" who warns them that the "Duke" has taken Dave hostage and that they have 24 hours to meet their sole demand; to allow all the Los Santos inmates access to the mainland. Should this not be granted, Dave will be executed. Checkmated, the security forces withdraw from Los Santos.

John Carpenter wants to speak with you.

Edited by bfett21

Aliens

Zombies would require all headshots/been done before

Aliens would add fun new tech/weapons, vehicles

Incidentally: I just bought Destroy All Humans off Amazon.

Please no Zombies. Zombies are so played out and we need crime DLC. As much as I defend V it does need more crime side missions.

Not that I hate the zombie thing. It was great in RDR, but it is definitely becoming overdone. we dont need zombie dlc after zombie dlc. If they went thay way, alien would make more sense but I really cant see that happening either.

Zombies would be fine with me... After more single player missions and heists.

I would prefer Heists and substantial single player story DLC to come first long before zombies or aliens come into the picture. Having said that I'd prefer Alien DLC over zombies.

Cheers.

I would prefer Heists and substantial single player story DLC to come first long before zombies or aliens come into the picture. Having said that I'd prefer Alien DLC over zombies.

Cheers.

This.

The new trailer from V show some aliens on it, during great part of it.. but it also shows some zombies, in a flash. V is too into aliens to make some zombie DLC. Both would be awesome, but like Phill said, i really prefer heists to come out first. Single player too, please.

None.. but since that isn't an option in the poll I'll go with Aliens simply because the zombies stuff is overdone, overrated and annoying at this point.

948185.png

A lot of people say zombies have been overdone, and I get where they're coming from, but I still want to see them in GTA. They may be in a lot of other games, but I've only played Undead Nightmare, so the other sh*t doesn't mean anything to me. I also watch The Walking Dead, and I always want to shoot/stab some zombies after I watch it. GTA is the perfect game for that type of gameplay.

I would be down for aliens, but R* already did too much with them in GTA V IMO.

None,GTA is a crime game,not a survival-horror game.I would rather have a crime DLC with things like improved gang behavior(gang wars,shootouts,drive by shootings,recruiting gangsters as bodyguards...),more illegal side activities(burglary,drug dealing...),gang clothes(baggy ghetto clothes,outlaw biker gear,ski masks,face bandanas...),some iconic gang vehicles from older games(Greenwood from GTA SA,Zombie and Angel from GTA TLAD,lowriders with hydraulics and tuners with nitro and decals like in GTA SA...)and similar stuff.

I had a hard time choosing an answer for the poll.

Like others have said, zombies are very cliche although it could still be fun..a little bit..i guess. Technically it could also be plausible jn some form, realistically speaking if youre familiar with the way that fungus infects and reanimates ants(what The Last Of Us is based on). Then of course there is an alien invasion. I found this sort of less realistically plausible compared to zombies. Dont get me wrong, aliens do exist, but highly evolved beings would have no reason to invade us (cough cough..independence day)...unless predatorial aliens like xenomorphs would be dumped onto this planet somehow. I voted for aliens since it probably would be the most fun and most suitable. Zombies would only really be suitable in NY.

Both suck! Absolute sh*t!

What a waste of dlc!

Many people still seem to be having a serious trouble in getting the concept of GTA through their thick heads properly.

I would prefer the new content in the form of interesting activities, fitting for the open world crime adventures which are a lot more satisfying when added to the base game, for the things to do outside story, than wasting the time behind bunch of aliens/zombies.

Normally...I would agree. However, R* did infact decide to introduce many ufo/alien easter eggs as well as actual ufos and actual aliens into the game. This throws your whole ideology outside the metaphorical window. If it was a pure 100% crime GTA such as VC, SA and IV then i would agree with you. Those games didnt have any actual visual aliens, ufos or zombies (excluding the zombie characters you could choose in IV). As the aforementioned are indeed in this game, an "alien invasion" would perfectly suit GTA V.

To sum up, V's story isnt purely crime related. Aliens would be very appropriate and actually play a part in each characters story and background already so I do not know why you are offended by the OP's thread/poll.

Edited by Iroquois