2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

GTA V and the Gym in the game

MightyMax

who want the Gym for do muscles how to Gta San Andreas?

here picture you can see Mr. Muscle

crTX6Fo.jpg

here the Gym in Vepuscci Beach

sZeOc2I.jpg

Edited by MightyMax

Gym is one of the cool features of GTA SA. Simple and fun!

I'm quite sure the gym at the Vespucci beach would be active for NG/PC.

It just needs some more interesting ideas to make it a lot better.

Gym > Yoga, any day!

Gym > Yoga, any day!

i like Gym San Andreas

I mean all we can do is hope they add in a gym minigame where you can workout, but I doubt there will be any type of change on your character to make you look more fit, It would makes sense for it to increase your strength.

• Like 2

Gym > Yoga, any day!

:^:

Yoga was kinda boring, I wanna see gym in NG/PC version of the game, if R* didn't add it, we, the PC gamers have got modders!

• Like 2

Not sure why they added yoga instead of a gym.

Probably too lazy to adjust fatness and muscles for the clothes.

the PC gamers have got modders!

You guys overestimate the modding community way too much..

• Like 2

Wouldn't be surprised if they actually pulled it off. There are some very talented modders.

• Like 2

signature500x-e1644500940546.png

Wouldn't be surprised if they actually pulled it off. There are some very talented modders.

There are, and most of them aren't interested in making a 'gym'.

People seem to think most of their issues with the game will be fixed simply by the modding community, which isn't true. I doubt we'll get a decent gym mod any time soon after V releases on PC.

Edited by TJGM

TheTechPoTaToCHIP

They won't add a gym system, that's part of the reason why M,T and F have different builds (Fat, Skinny and Buff respectively)

They said they would add new activities but they won't add such a large mechanic for a remaster, this is the stuff they would add to DLC or an entirely new game.

Besides, I hated this system in San Andreas! I would lose fat if I don't eat and CJ starts losing fat very quickly during the most inconvenient times (like a full on tank rampage) If I wanted to maintain my character's body, I'd play the sims. In GTA all I want to worry about is my characters health and ammo.

• Like 2

Weightlifting was meant to appear in Grand Theft Auto V, but the idea was scrapped during the game's development. By the way, I wouldn't exclude the possibility of its addition in the upcoming versions of the game or, at most, in future Grand Theft Auto games.

Edited by toxluv

zbhEXO6.png

I would lose fat if I don't eat and CJ starts losing fat very quickly during the most inconvenient times.

The period allowed for playing without eating isn't too short, at all, thus it's not the fault of the system, just max out your health, and eat before starting particularly long missions. Simple! Edited by Osho

Gym > Yoga, any day!

Don't hype it bro.

Pointless feature is pointless. Next thing we'll have is people complaining about the gym and how it detracted from other features of the game. You people can never be happy. Buncha c*nts.

• Like 3

Yesss I was so excited as I found the muscle beach when the game came out, and as I got there I was like woww we cant workout comeon we had that feauture in San Andreas.

I'd like to be able to use the gym. Currently the only way to increase the strength stat is by fist fighting or playing sports(which are tennis and golf, and I don't know if golf even helps). Maybe it would take away from his character but I'd like a way for Michael to be able to lose some fat and gain some muscle mass. Not saying it needs to be a whole lot. And I think it would be pretty funny to make Trevor completely ripped so he's even more terrifying to everyone around him when he flips out. Franklin doesn't really need it though as he's pretty muscular already.

I would like a muscle pumping feature if i had a appropriate controller.

Edited by Alvarez

Although I get that they didn't want to spend time giving the GTAV characters the range of physiques CJ had, it would be nice to be able to use the gym equipment as a way to boost strength and stamina skills.

• Like 3

People seem to think most of their issues with the game will be fixed simply by the modding community, which isn't true. I doubt we'll get a decent gym mod any time soon after V releases on PC.

I agree with you on that one. Even with a game like Skyrim which has an official dev kit there's only so much you can do with modding. Most of the big mods are still WIP even though the game is almost 4 years old. GTA V's modding comunity won't be able to do much. Imagine there should be custom animations, interactions, and the hardest part would be the implementation of a dynamic body model that changes according to your workouts as well as clothing that fits the dynamic bodies without clipping. I doubt all of that can be pulled off, and it would obviously not be anywhere near what Rockstar could do with it.

On a side note though, I think that would definitely fit for the empty shell GTA O character but not for the story characters.

Edited by Skizzo45

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

gym was pretty bad in SA but it was cool you could get bigger or smaller...

and related to that, Stats actually meant something... rather pointless in GTA V except maybe Flying and that has no really relevance to anything difficult

better part of it was just that you could have a daily routine + go inside more buildings... miss that in V

Trevorphilipjfry

Im a competitive bodybuilder, and go to the gym 4 times a week. Why would I, want/need to do it in GTA, I wanna do , drug dealing, pimping, turf wars, all the stuff I, CANT do in real life. Its a videogame, not a life simulator.

I felt like it was a chore in SA, to go to the gym.

• Like 2

TheTechPoTaToCHIP

I would lose fat if I don't eat and CJ starts losing fat very quickly during the most inconvenient times.

The period allowed for playing without eating isn't too short, at all, thus it's not the fault of the system, just max out your health, and eat before starting particularly long missions. Simple!

Well either way, I'm glad it's not in V! One less thing to worry about....

Maybe not for visible muscle mass, but it would probably be easy enough to add strength, speed, and stamina by working out. And it's not always about what "most of them" are interested in. It just takes one or two. The biggest hurdle is almost nonexistent, because NPCs work out, which means the animations and objects(weights) are already being utilized within the game. There's also already a system for increasing various stats.

So it may not be most of the issues, but there are some that people see as obvious things R* either overlooked, or didn't have the time or desire to implement. There are a bunch of those, and many will be fixed by the modding community.

The period allowed for playing without eating isn't too short, at all, thus it's not the fault of the system, just max out your health, and eat before starting particularly long missions. Simple!

Depends on how you look at it. You literally start losing weight after 48 minutes real world time. It's one of those things that doesn't scale well from in-game time to real world IMO. And it's definitely the fault of the system, at least partly. If eating was implemented in GTA IV or V at the same rate, it would be 96 real world minutes before weight loss entered the pictured.

Edited by BlackNoise

Quote from Dan Houser:

“The main thing is at a technical level to get changing scale of the character – to get them bigger and smaller – is hard, and in San Andreas the standard definition graphics were more forgiving. Doing that with three different characters – we definitely thought about it but decided it was impossible. We just weren’t going to get the results we want with the way the rest of the animation system works. It was just not worth making compromises elsewhere.”

Edited by epoxi
  • Like 7

9H7Sj34.jpg