2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

The Ghost Town Effect

Pau Diaz

After I completed GTA IV, I felt that Liberty City felt a lot like a Ghost Town. So many people died during the events of the story, innocent and guilty, alike. All the big players are gone, either Roman or Kate is dead, the Pegorino family is trashed, Dimitri is gone, the mobs all over the city have suffered heavy casualties, Jay Hamilton and Jay Hamilton are wasted. Elizabeta got 300 years in prison, so she might as well have been killed.

True, Niko survived, but who besides his family and Little Jacob was left of any value? I'm not talking about TLAD o TBOGT, just the main game.

• Like 1

You still got Packie, Brucie, Roman if you choose Revenge, Kate as a GF if you choose Deal, etc.

Kate actually dumps you after dating her a few times in Deal ending :cry:

You still have Dwayne if you killed Playbox X and also the online girlfriends...

Edited by KogerOnControls

Well, I guess a handful of vital people still remain. I personally chose to keep Roman alive, because if he lives, at least he and Mallorie can enjoy their marriage and family life together. What I would like to know is why GTA IV featured so many executions and bloodshed. I mean, the addons allow more people to live, at least from what I have seen, but GTA IV reduces the cast to a very small number. Why?

Algonquin Assassin

I thought this going to be a thread complaining about how sometimes the streets feel a bit ghost townish due to spawning. Anyhow..

This is where I think the friends/girlfriends are taken for granted. With the exception of the girlfriends in SA the 3D era GTAs were lonely as f*ck after their stories. With GTA IV you still have Roman or Kate (depending which ending you choose) Dwayne (If you spare him), Brucie, LJ, Packie and you can choose to date Alex, Carmen or Kiki or all three.

So that's a possible eight people you can still hang out with after the story. It's hardly a "ghost town" effect IMO.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

I thought this going to be a thread complaining about how sometimes the streets feel a bit ghost townish due to spawning. Anyhow..

This is where I think the friends/girlfriends are taken for granted. With the exception of the girlfriends in SA the 3D era GTAs were lonely as f*ck after their stories. With GTA IV you still have Roman or Kate (depending which ending you choose) Dwayne (If you spare him), Brucie, LJ, Packie and you can choose to date Alex, Carmen or Kiki or all three.

So that's a possible eight people you can still hang out with after the story. It's hardly a "ghost town" effect IMO.

Spot on, spot on. :^:

Aside from the friends to hang out with, you still have Liberty City itself - which will never feel like a ghost town to me.

• Like 1

After I completed GTA IV, I felt that Liberty City felt a lot like a Ghost Town. So many people died during the events of the story, innocent and guilty, alike. All the big players are gone, either Roman or Kate is dead, the Pegorino family is trashed, Dimitri is gone, the mobs all over the city have suffered heavy casualties, Jay Hamilton and Jay Hamilton are wasted. Elizabeta got 300 years in prison, so she might as well have been killed.

True, Niko survived, but who besides his family and Little Jacob was left of any value? I'm not talking about TLAD o TBOGT, just the main game.

This has been a problem with all the GTAs; once the story ends, the city loses some of it's character. IV (and especially V) avoid this to an extent by making the city more alive than previous games in the series, and adding narrative side-content. With V, there's a whole host of characters that can be left until after the story to meet, and Online is another game in itself, even without playing with other people.

Edited by Staten

You still got Packie, Brucie, Roman if you choose Revenge, Kate as a GF if you choose Deal, etc.

It still does that? I thought the latest patch for consoles disabled Kate's dumping.

It still does that? I thought the latest patch for consoles disabled Kate's dumping.

I thought that it enabled it? I might be wrong.

I thought that it enabled it? I might be wrong.

I remember hearing something about it enabling it for consoles, but that might've been someone on here.

Really? Is there a patch for PC or just for consoles?

Really? Is there a patch for PC or just for consoles?

Wait, i think this is a big misunderstanding. In the original console version of IV, after completing Deal ending, Niko will get a call from Kate, where she says she is there for him, but Niko doesn't want to date her. Therefore, you were unable to date Kate after that. However, in the PC version, they allowed Niko to actually date her - BUT, only for a few dates - until she eventually dumps Niko saying she is moving away from LC. She also sends him an email. In a recent update, this was added to consoles as well.

Edited by thekillerdonuts

Lethal Vaccine

you can choose to date Alex, Carmen or Kiki or all three.

Dem bitches? I only use them to proof the vehicles. Alex Fondness - 20%. Carmen Fondness - 20%. Kiki Fondness - 20%. Michelle Fondess - 100%. Kate Fondness - 90%.

:p

Edited by Militia