2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

[IV|WIP|REL] LCPD Device - Make your own app!

alexslx

LCPD Device

Developer API Preview

LCPD Device is a very customizable device interface for scripting inside of the GTA IV game. Instead of remembering a large number of hotkeys, you can use it as a graphical interface to interact with your scripts on GTAIV. Better yet, LCPD Device has been build in order to allow 3rd party developers to create new applications for it and extends its functionalities.

Features
  • Allow installation of custom device skins.
  • Allow installation of custom applications.
  • Toggle key configurable by its ini file.
  • Notification system allow apps to show you information when the device is hidden.
RequirementsInstallation
In order to start using the LCPD Device, you just need to follow the simple steps below:
  • Download the "LCPD Device Release X.X.X.X" (Download Link).
  • Copy all contents from the package to the folder "scripts" inside of your main GTAIV or EFLC folder (eg. D:\Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV\scripts).
  • Look over our Wiki Pages for more information.
Installing 3rd party components
Installing third party components is a very easy task, you need go to the "LCPDDevice" folder inside of your "scripts" folder (eg. D:\Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV\scripts\LCPDDevice). Therefore, you will see the following structure:
  • apps: Here you can install, enable or disable third party applications. In order to install new apps, just copy the app folder to this folder.
  • data: Here you can find all default collections for GTA infos such as cars, weapons and places.
  • logs: Here you can find all logs created by installed applications.
  • skin: Here you can find all installed skins. In order to install a new skin, just copy the skin folder to this folder and change the selected skin parameter on the main "config.ini" found on the "LCPDDevice" directory.
  • lang: Here you can find all language strings displayed in game by the main application. Installed applications can use these strings or read their version of strings.
Screenshots
wi1vef.jpg112brkk.jpgaxi2yp.jpg

Developers API
The main idea behind the LCPD Device has to create a easier way to display a graphical user interface for GTAIV scripts. Therefore, LCPD Device has extended some default functionalities from the ScriptHookDotNet and warped them in a easier way to use. For example, LCPD Device allows to your application load the screen layout from a XML file, allowing a quick edit for your needs.
Therefore, to build an application to be used within LCPD Device, there is a documentation file and an example project (view links below). In addition, there will be new API available in the next versions to come, based on both user and developer feedbacks.

PLEASE: I really would like to receive some feedback from other developers in order to create a good API (within the GTA limitations, of course) that allow you create new apps for it.Copyright Notice
Do not copy this script over any modding web site. If you want this mod to be displayed on your website, contact me for uploading so I can track and always keep them updated. Breaking this rule, will imply on a DCMA Takedown request to the website host company, and they always follow it.THE PROGRAM IS DISTRIBUTED IN THE HOPE THAT IT WILL BE USEFUL, BUT WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY. IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
Edited by alexslx

Weird name... Why don't you name it 'iFruit Tab' and make it similar to an iPad...

i will try it

can you give us a sample app

There is a sample app (Car Spawner) already bundled with it. Also, the source for this app is available on the developer repository.

Weird name... Why don't you name it 'iFruit Tab' and make it similar to an iPad...

Well, when I started it I was thinking to make it more specific to a mod that I play a lot (LCPD:FR), but after I realize that I could make it more generally for everyone... anyway, anything before the release 1.0 can change. :)

Also, the device is skinnable, you can make an ipad skin by yourself and just put it on the skin folder (look on the skin folder of the default skin, there is an ini file with the coordinates of the notification bar and the screen itself).

---

I will upload more screenshots and make a video asap (I'm traveling right now). I would like to know which type of 'default' apps users would like to have with this. :)

Regards,

Edited by alexslx

Cool then ;)

Useful API, Could I still gather information from form when "Control.Visible = false"? Would like to run form in the background if possible.

Edited by hardsty1e

• 2 weeks later...

LCPD Device 0.0.2.0 BETA Released!

Changelog:

• Introduction of LoggerHelper class to allow applications write logging messages easily.
  • Introduction of AppScript class to allow applications execute SHDN scripts on background.
  • Introduction of UniqueID parameter into app's config file.
  • Introduction of MinApiVersion and MaxApiVersion parameters into app's config file.
  • Renamed App to AppUI in order to better specify the difference between AppScript (Constantly running) and AppUI (Interface).
  • Added id parameter to notifications to allow overriding or deleting it early.
  • Added float and double parsing into StringHelper class.
  • Added float and double reading/writting into IniFile class.
  • Added possibility of setting EPISODE parameter to "TLAD|TBOGT" on collections.
  • Moved some app loading methods to AppManager class.
What will come next (not necessary on the next version)...
  • Homescreen widgets (on/off toggles), useful for somescripts like god mode or similar...
  • Homescreen background
  • Phone skin (it currently IS supported, but I'm not a designer :p).
  • Start thinking on really useful bundled apps.
  • Start thinking on a new name... suggestions are very welcome.

Useful API, Could I still gather information from form when "Control.Visible = false"? Would like to run form in the background if possible.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to get information from the form when it is not on the screen the way it is designed now (Actually, the form includes both your app and the notification area/home button because SHDN do not allow me to control several forms on the screen). However, depending on what do you have in mind, I suggest you using the new AppScript class (Actually, it is basically a similar class of SHDN's Script class) to run anything in background.

If you or anyone have futher questions about the API, feel free to post here or send me a message. I'do be happy to help or implement anything useful for next version.

Regards,

Edited by alexslx
  • Like 2