2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Rockstar should stop support for PS3 and 360 & focus on NG

MonsterCockDude

MonsterCockDude

This will make a lot of the people on here who whine and complain upset but it's the truth.

First, R* has already supported the game for over a year most games do not get that amount of support, free DLC and patches.

Second of all, anyone who has played a next gen game can easily realize how much better the new consoles are. They can support better graphics, better frame rates, better controls, better physics, better AI, more realistic worlds, more things going on at once, when GTA V came out on the PS3 the first half a year that I played it I was wowed and thought it was a technological masterpiece after getting my PS4 and not playing it for a few months it was very hard to come back to, because of issues like the frame rate, lack of varied traffic, and not much pedestrians or traffic around.

Third of all, eventually just about everyone who likes to play video games and likes GTA will upgrade. If your so much of a GTA fan that your posting on here and upset about missing features in the PS3 version chances are you are either going to quit playing video games all together, or will upgrade your console or computer. Chances are the PS3 or Xbox 360 won't be the last console you own. Do you honestly think that in 2 years when more and more people buy a next gen console and when the prices drop somewhat that a lot of people will still be playing the PS3 or Xbox 360 version online? Is it even a lock that Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 will still be around within 2 more years?

Fourth of all, the next generation version is closer to the true vision of what R* wanted to make in the first place. It should have all the support possible as it's the version of the game that people are going to be playing until the next GTA comes out. It should have as many new features, as many bugs fixed, and as many additions as possible.

Lelouch The Zero

If they stop support for last-gen, then that's fine by me, I just won't play it anymore.

• Like 12

I'm going to be playing it on my ps4 when it hits the shops, but if R* just dropped a whole community as you're suggesting, I think it would nuke any trust I'd have in them for the future.

What if, in a year's time they decided that PC was running the game much closer to what they wanted and dropped console support entirely? You'd be pretty pissed at the prospect of having to buy a gaming PC, and the game again in order to play.

R* have enough money and resources to support all of the platforms it will be released on, there's no reason for them to stop imo.

MonsterCockDude

I'm going to be playing it on my ps4 when it hits the shops, but if R* just dropped a whole community as you're suggesting, I think it would nuke any trust I'd have in them for the future.

What if, in a year's time they decided that PC was running the game much closer to what they wanted and dropped console support entirely? You'd be pretty pissed at the prospect of having to buy a gaming PC, and the game again in order to play.

R* have enough money and resources to support all of the platforms it will be released on, there's no reason for them to stop imo.

Wouldn't make sense since the console community would be the majority of the people playing the game, also the gap between the PC version ( without mods ) and the PS4 and XboxOne version won't be as big as the gap between the PS3 and Xbox 360 version compared to the PS4 version.

They should focus all of the possible resources they have on future games and on supporting the new versions of the game. As we all know glitches are likely to come, and R* will likely want to add on new features into the game. The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions could potentially bottleneck and hold back the new versions.

That's an awful idea. Literally the worst thing they can do.

Why? They already put in the support for over a year for the PS3 and 360 version, the game is struggling to run on those consoles, and some PS3's are running out of hard drive space they cannot support or add much more into the game and a lot of the bugs and glitches that still fix are for hardware reasons. If it takes until say 2017 for the next GTA game to come out, do you think that people will still be playing GTA Online on the Xbox 360 in 2016? It would be better off for the game to focus all possible attention on having the next gen version be as good as possible and having the PS3 version be what it is now.

Geralt of Rivia

Oh, I don't know, maybe because they would be:

1) Killing consumer trust

2) Alienating their fanbase

3) Losing out on lots and lots of money

Etc.

MonsterCockDude

Oh, I don't know, maybe because they would be:

1) Killing consumer trust

2) Alienating their fanbase

3) Losing out on lots and lots of money

Etc.

How? What exactly can R* do for the PS3 and Xbox 360 version anymore? Add in DLC? Why not just focus the DLC on the next generation version since they can make it a higher quality and it would be better then the limited PS3 and 360 version.

Also people who like video games and buy DLC's and want to play more GTA V are most likely going to upgrade their consoles eventually. Sure they might not buy a PS4 and GTA V right when it comes out, but they might buy a PS4 after a price cut in 2016 when PS3 support has been fully done for a year, and pick up GTA V when it's on sale and buy the DLC's for GTA online.

Rockstar has already done all they pretty much could with the PS3 and 360 version. The frame rate will be bad, the game will have disappearing poping up textures, the game will have non varied traffic, the game will have empty streets, the game will have 720P resolution, the game will struggle to run even harder if they add more stuff in the game, the game will only have 16 players online. These are all things that if they could fix they would have done so, but are limited by the hardware.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP

That would be a stupid thing to do.

1. There are still people with no new gen consoles and they would lose that market as soon as they stop support.

2. If they do stop support, they would do it at the earliest 2016 as ending it too soon would make getting the bonuses from last gen pretty much impossible.

3. Cost of running the last gen servers vs. the money they get from last gen sales and cash card sales. Simply put, they would make more money if they continue support for the last gen systems.

They are definitely focusing on the new gen version, the last gen version doesn't need that much focus so they aren't exactly diluting effort on new gen just to maintain last gen.

I suspect that gta online on last gen will stay till the bitter end when xbox live and psn ceases support for the last gen

Rockstar supported GTA IV for 2 years so saying that "They already supported GTA V for 1 year" Isn't really saying much.

They will continually support both versions of the game until the next game comes out.

With the supposed DLC and heists, they will not dare leave the last gen and make this content exclusive to new gen as they would seriously lost a lot of money if they make all of this new gen exclusive. Not everyone is tempted by upgraded visuals and are likely to stick with the version they got, most likely the causal gamers who don't care about visuals at all.

Edited by TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • Like 7

Detective Phelps

Terrible idea.

If R* stops supporting LG gamers, LG gamers will stop supporting R*, simple.

And it won't only be LG gamers, CG and PC gamers will also be cautious around R*. Nobody would trust R*, and that would be bad for business.

They made a billion bucks (and they like to f...) from LG GTAV, so why would they abandon a loyal fanbase?

MonsterCockDude

1. There are still people with no new gen consoles and they would lose that market as soon as they stop support.

2. If they do stop support, they would do it at the earliest 2016 as ending it too soon would make getting the bonuses from last gen pretty much impossible.

3. Cost of running the last gen servers vs. the money they get from last gen sales and cash card sales. Simply put, they would make more money if they continue support for the last gen systems.

They are definitely focusing on the new gen version, the last gen version doesn't need that much focus so they aren't exactly diluting effort on new gen just to maintain last gen.

I suspect that gta online on last gen will stay till the bitter end when xbox live and psn ceases support for the last gen systems.

I didn't mean to shut GTA Online down.

I meant to not release new DLC, not to release new patches and to focus their attention to making the next gen version as good as possible and to focus the DLC on the next gen version only so they can put more stuff into it.

After the holiday seasons with the re release of GTA V and more good games coming out the PS4 and Xbox one will likely be in a lot more people's homes by 2016 or so most people who actually like playing video games and buy new games will probably have a PS4 or Xbox One or PC. Almost nobody will be buying PS3 or Xbox 360 games that are new at that time.

Terrible idea.

If R* stops supporting LG gamers, LG gamers will stop supporting R*, simple.

And it won't only be LG gamers, CG and PC gamers will also be cautious around R*. Nobody would trust R*, and that would be bad for business.

They made a billion bucks (and they like to f...) from LG GTAV, so why would they abandon a loyal fanbase?

Because what more could they do for the last generation version? I'm not saying to shut down the servers for GTA Online, just to not release any new patches ( unless it's something that is literally game breaking ) or new DLC for the last generation version and focus the attention on the PS4/XboxOne/PC version of the game.

If someone is buying video games and cash cards or new games anyway, chances are that by the end of 2015 or by 2016 they will already own a PS4/XboxOne/PC and chances are that XboxLive and PSN on the PS3 and 360 won't be around much longer anyway.

They still support GTAIV (I don't know exactly) on consoles and PC, right? So, why stop the support on LG consoles GTAV?

With support I mean "online servers".

Edited by esato

MonsterCockDude

They still support GTAIV (I don't know exactly) on consoles and PC, right? So, why stop the support on LG consoles GTAV?

With support I mean "online servers".

I'm not saying to get rid of the online servers just to not focus any attention on patches, or add ons unless something majorly game breaking came around.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP

I suspect that gta online on last gen will stay till the bitter end when xbox live and psn ceases support for the last gen systems.

I meant to not release new DLC, not to release new patches and to focus their attention to making the next gen version as good as possible and to focus the DLC on the next gen version only so they can put more stuff into it.

After the holiday seasons with the re release of GTA V and more good games coming out the PS4 and Xbox one will likely be in a lot more people's homes by 2016 or so most people who actually like playing video games and buy new games will probably have a PS4 or Xbox One or PC. Almost nobody will be buying PS3 or Xbox 360 games that are new at that time.

If they don't shut GTA Online down, they HAVE to make patches or else everyone would get pissed off. And why exactly shouldn't they release DLC for last gen and make them new gen exclusive? DLC is non engine straining stuff, new guns, clothes and vehicles. And maybe new missions. Meaning they could easily implement this stuff on last gen. If their going to make DLC for new gen anyway, why not also put it on last gen? It won't be that hard and they would make twice the money. Seriously, the only thing making future DLC new gen exclusive to is make Rockstar look like their spiting the last gen versions of the game.

MonsterCockDude

If they don't shut GTA Online down, they HAVE to make patches or else everyone would get pissed off. And why exactly shouldn't they release DLC for last gen and make them new gen exclusive? DLC is non engine straining stuff, new guns, clothes and vehicles. And maybe new missions. Meaning they could easily implement this stuff on last gen. If their going to make DLC for new gen anyway, why not also put it on last gen? It won't be that hard and they would make twice the money. Seriously, the only thing making future DLC new gen exclusive to is make Rockstar look like their spiting the last gen versions of the game.

Because if they release DLC for both versions of the game, that means that the next gen consoles will have bottlenecked DLC.

They should just focus the new DLC for the new versions of the game, this way they can be of a better quality. Better hardware means more then just better graphics, but it means that they could make all new missions and storyline events that the PS3 or 360 would have struggled to run. They could make new DLC that uses the new game play features they put in ( more players online, new animals, first person mode, better vehicle damage, more traffic ) and all of that.

The problem with your argument is that it implies that the last-gen to next-gen migration will be large enough to justify stopping support for the former. There's literally no reason for Rockstar/Take-Two to not release DLCs or patches for the last-gen version considering that it'll most likely still have a larger install base than the next-gen versions.

Given the grievances that Rockstar has received in regards to advertised features such as heists, stopping support for the last-gen version would simply be an idiotic move and cause quite a lot of controversy in the gaming community.

Using your own reasoning, I could argue that Rockstar should forego the console versions (both last and next gen) altogether and instead focus on the PC version.

Edited by zynlen101
  • Like 3

snip

snip

Because what more could they do for the last generation version? I'm not saying to shut down the servers for GTA Online, just to not release any new patches ( unless it's something that is literally game breaking ) or new DLC for the last generation version and focus the attention on the PS4/XboxOne/PC version of the game.

If someone is buying video games and cash cards or new games anyway, chances are that by the end of 2015 or by 2016 they will already own a PS4/XboxOne/PC and chances are that XboxLive and PSN on the PS3 and 360 won't be around much longer anyway.

Brand loyalty is huge, and if R* did what you are suggesting theirs would be obliterated. To answer your question about what more they could do, they could continue doing what they are doing now, at the very least, and STILL focus on making the next gen/ pc version the best it can be. Missions, weapons, vehicles etc are all fine to be constantly added to old gen. Space requirements are on an individual basis. I know many people who needed to buy an extra HDD or jump drive to even play the game on XB360, so unless they plan on releasing the rest of San Andreas as a dlc, it's a manageable problem.

Not everyone will get a new gen console this xmas, and even fewer will get another copy of V. There will be a huge number of players on last gen for a while yet, and while there are, they should get support.

• Like 2

MonsterCockDude

The problem with your argument is that it implies that the last-gen to next-gen migration will be large enough to justify stopping support for the former. There's literally no reason for Rockstar/Take-Two to not release DLCs or patches for the last-gen version considering that it'll most likely still have a larger install base than the next-gen versions.

Given the grievances that Rockstar has received in regards to advertised features such as heists, stopping support for the last-gen version would simply be an idiotic move and cause quite a lot of controversy in the gaming community.

If R* releases the same DLC content on the old and new version of the game, that means that the content and quality will be limited by previous generation limitations.

If R* instead releases the DLC for only the re release next gen version of the game, they could better use the new hardware and new features they put into the game. If R* only works on patching the new version of the game, it will have less bugs and issues compared to if they wasted resources still trying to fix the PS3 version even though it will be almost a year and a half old by the time the PC version comes out and by 2016 will probably have less players then the PS4 version.

If R* releases the same DLC content on the old and new version of the game, that means that the content and quality will be limited by previous generation limitations.

If R* instead releases the DLC for only the re release next gen version of the game, they could better use the new hardware and new features they put into the game. If R* only works on patching the new version of the game, it will have less bugs and issues compared to if they wasted resources still trying to fix the PS3 version even though it will be almost a year and a half old by the time the PC version comes out and by 2016 will probably have less players then the PS4 version.

Then why not just focus on the PC version? Next-gen consoles are still weaker than most gaming PC's, so why have them hold Rockstar back?

You're forgetting something here: INSTALL BASE. Rockstar is more likely to make a profit by releasing DLCs for both versions of the game. As a company, they're focused on making money. There's no monetary incentive in stopping support for the last-gen versions.

It doesn't matter whether the PS3/360 are holding them back. The game was developed with the last-gen consoles in mind, developing a next-gen version was simply an afterthought.

• Like 3

MonsterCockDude

snip

snip

Brand loyalty is huge, and if R* did what you are suggesting theirs would be obliterated. To answer your question about what more they could do, they could continue doing what they are doing now, at the very least, and STILL focus on making the next gen/ pc version the best it can be. Missions, weapons, vehicles etc are all fine to be constantly added to old gen. Space requirements are on an individual basis. I know many people who needed to buy an extra HDD or jump drive to even play the game on XB360, so unless they plan on releasing the rest of San Andreas as a dlc, it's a manageable problem.

Not everyone will get a new gen console this xmas, and even fewer will get another copy of V. There will be a huge number of players on last gen for a while yet, and while there are, they should get support.

Ok let's play devils advocate here.

If people have to buy or upgrade their Xbox 360 or PS3 harddrive to get new DLC for GTA V, why wouldn't they instead just buy a new console ( where they wouldn't have to deal with this issue anymore and so they don't have to buy a harddrive for a console that will have pretty much no new games come out on it within a year and is very close to being obsolete anyway ) the only possible issue would be if they don't have enough money to buy a next generation console but again... if someone is that broke why are they blowing close to $100 to buy a hard drive so they can add two extra DLC cars in the game?

Also most of the DLC that R* has released has been free and rehased guns that don't add anything new, and vehicles that don't add much new, the only things that changed game play were the monster truck and fire works and the Valentines day car everything else was pretty much filler DLC. On a next generation version the new DLC could be able to have better handling physics, better car damage, working and different dashboards, first person view, be able to spawn in traffic, have more modifications that could be added to it. The new missions or activities that could be added in DLC could make use of the new hardware, you could have a mission that involves a massive traffic jam that wouldn't be possible on the PS3 or 360 version without lowering the frame rate a lot, you could have a mission at the beach or something with 100s of pedestrians, you could have more interiors, you could have better AI in the missions, you could have a lot more stuff going on, you could make use of the first person view, you could make use of the new animals and vehicles, you could have virtual reality support later when those things are finally fully released to the general public, you could have so much more if you stop limiting the game and holding it back because of the previous generation versions.

I'm not saying to get rid of the online servers for the PS3 and 360 version, just to not focus any more attention on fixing them or adding anything to them, new features and additions to the game should be for the next generation version and should be of next generation quality and better then the DLC's we have seen before, they should make use of the better hardware, and the game should have less bugs and run better as well.

Then why not just focus on the PC version? Next-gen consoles are still weaker than most gaming PC's, so why have them hold Rockstar back?

You're forgetting something here: INSTALL BASE. Rockstar is more likely to make a profit by releasing DLCs for both versions of the game. As a company, they're focused on making money. There's no monetary incentive in stopping support for the last-gen versions.

It doesn't matter whether the PS3/360 are holding them back. The game was developed with the last-gen consoles in mind, developing a next-gen version was simply an afterthought.

Because more people play on the consoles and the gap between say the PS4 version and the PC version ( without mods ) won't be as drastic as the gap between the PS4 version and the PS3 version.

The install base on the PS4 by the middle of 2015 is going to be much bigger then it currently is. By 2016 chances are that just about everyone who actually plays video games on a consistent basis and buys new games, will have upgraded. Why would a guy who buys new video games, buys DLC, buys cash cards etc... still be playing a much worse version of a 3 year old game on a console that was released 10 years ago with almost no new games being released on it for the last year? Why wouldn't he have upgraded by then, and if some guy decides that he doesn't want to buy a new console or upgrade his PC this generation, he is willingly accepting that he is not going to be playing any new games and isn't supporting the video game industry so R* should just forget about him anyway he's not a customer anymore anyway. Do you think that in the long term that R* would benefit from wasting time and resources on the PS3 version when nobody is playing it anymore?

*Game sell 35 Million+ on Last Gen Consoles*

Hmmm, you know what, let's NOT release Single Player Paid DLC to these 35 Million+, instead, let's screw them over and tell them if they want the DLC, they'll have to buy a new console and buy the game again!

...I don't see what could go wrong with that.

No

Rockstar should stop focusing on PC and completely focusing on consoles, since all PC players on this forum are apparently little whiny selfish kids

(not specifically in this topic)

Edited by maddy26

snip

snip

snip

snip

snip

If people have to buy or upgrade their Xbox 360 or PS3 harddrive to get new DLC for GTA V, why wouldn't they instead just buy a new console ( where they wouldn't have to deal with this issue anymore and so they don't have to buy a harddrive for a console that will have pretty much no new games come out on it within a year and is very close to being obsolete anyway ) the only possible issue would be if they don't have enough money to buy a next generation console but again... if someone is that broke why are they blowing close to $100 to buy a hard drive so they can add two extra DLC cars in the game?

Also most of the DLC that R* has released has been free and rehased guns that don't add anything new, and vehicles that don't add much new, the only things that changed game play were the monster truck and fire works and the Valentines day car everything else was pretty much filler DLC. On a next generation version the new DLC could be able to have better handling physics, better car damage, working and different dashboards, first person view, be able to spawn in traffic, have more modifications that could be added to it. The new missions or activities that could be added in DLC could make use of the new hardware, you could have a mission that involves a massive traffic jam that wouldn't be possible on the PS3 or 360 version without lowering the frame rate a lot, you could have a mission at the beach or something with 100s of pedestrians, you could have more interiors, you could have better AI in the missions, you could have a lot more stuff going on, you could make use of the first person view, you could make use of the new animals and vehicles, you could have virtual reality support later when those things are finally fully released to the general public, you could have so much more if you stop limiting the game and holding it back because of the previous generation versions.

I'm not saying to get rid of the online servers for the PS3 and 360 version, just to not focus any more attention on fixing them or adding anything to them, new features and additions to the game should be for the next generation version and should be of next generation quality and better then the DLC's we have seen before, they should make use of the better hardware, and the game should have less bugs and run better as well.

Well first of all, usb memory is a lot cheaper than $100 - You can easily get 16gb for less than $20 - that's a fraction of the cost of a new console + game. There are many, many gamers on LG and as has been said before, install base = $ to devs. who'd walk away from that?

Most importantly, you seem to be coming from the angle that there's just one guy working on dlc and patches. Not everything released for next gen has to be released equally for the last gen. In fact, they've managed to provide a year's worth of support for LG whilst simultaneously developing the whole NG version as a standalone game. Again, in a year's time many people will have PCs that could blow the ps4 and xb1 out of the water - should we expect R* to only develop for the PC because the consoles are holding the PC game back?

• Like 2

MonsterCockDude

*Game sell 35 Million+ on Last Gen Consoles*

Hmmm, you know what, let's NOT release Single Player Paid DLC to these 35 Million+, instead, let's screw them over and tell them if they want the DLC, they'll have to buy a new console and buy the game again!

...I don't see what could go wrong with that.

Well think about it like this, chances are it will be years until a new GTA comes out.

A new GTA V DLC on the PS4/XboxOne/PC could do much, much more then a DLC on the PS3/360 could do because they would have less console limitations.

This means they could release a better GTA V story DLC on the new version, it could also help increase the sales of the new version, it will also sell more in the future as by 2016 do you think anyone will be playing the PS3 or 360 version?

Also re releasing GTA V and re selling it at $60 will make more money then releasing a $20 DLC unless the DLC outsells the next gen version 3 to 1.

snip

snip

snip

snip

snip

Well first of all, usb memory is a lot cheaper than $100 - You can easily get 16gb for less than $20 - that's a fraction of the cost of a new console + game. There are many, many gamers on LG and as has been said before, install base = $ to devs. who'd walk away from that?

Most importantly, you seem to be coming from the angle that there's just one guy working on dlc and patches. Not everything released for next gen has to be released equally for the last gen. In fact, they've managed to provide a year's worth of support for LG whilst simultaneously developing the whole NG version as a standalone game. Again, in a year's time many people will have PCs that could blow the ps4 and xb1 out of the water - should we expect R* to only develop for the PC because the consoles are holding the PC game back?

Consoles will always sell better then PC's with games like this. It makes sense that R* keeps supporting the consoles. It doesn't make sense that continue to support a 10 year old console that has no new games coming out on, when just about everyone who seriously buys and plays new video games has upgraded. Which would be around 2016. That's 2 years for people to save up and buy a new console or upgrade their computer just about anyone who can afford to play video games as a hobby could pay the money to upgrade by then. Why would they want to play a much worse version of GTA V then?

snip

snip

Because more people play on the consoles and the gap between say the PS4 version and the PC version ( without mods ) won't be as drastic as the gap between the PS4 version and the PS3 version.

The install base on the PS4 by the middle of 2015 is going to be much bigger then it currently is. By 2016 chances are that just about everyone who actually plays video games on a consistent basis and buys new games, will have upgraded. Why would a guy who buys new video games, buys DLC, buys cash cards etc... still be playing a much worse version of a 3 year old game on a console that was released 10 years ago with almost no new games being released on it for the last year? Why wouldn't he have upgraded by then, and if some guy decides that he doesn't want to buy a new console or upgrade his PC this generation, he is willingly accepting that he is not going to be playing any new games and isn't supporting the video game industry so R* should just forget about him anyway he's not a customer anymore anyway. Do you think that in the long term that R* would benefit from wasting time and resources on the PS3 version when nobody is playing it anymore?

Again, it doesn't matter whether they're "wasting" time and resources on the PS3/360 version. Take-Two is going to do everything they can to squeeze every bit of money out of consumer's pockets. As I said before, there is no monetary incentive in stopping support for the last-gen version considering it has a substantially larger install base than the next-gen versions.

Stopping support for the last-gen versions right now would result in a marketing disaster for Rockstar.

I can understand if they stop support in late 2015 or early-to-mid 2016, but right now? No, there is absolutely no incentives for doing so.

Edited by zynlen101

Dude, seriously, it's like you don't even know the tech behind this, please do some research into how the game works, just because they cut off last gen doesn't mean the PS4/XBO/PC versions will suddenly get super amazing and better, the groundwork is already laid out for DLC, and quite honestly, it would be too late now anyway to put this crazy idea of yours into motion, what, do you think they just whip this stuff up two days before releasing it?

MonsterCockDude

So what you're actually saying is R* should stop support for last gen in 2016? That's a lot more reasonable than the OP.

2016 is coming soon man. By the time the re release is fully out on the PS4/Xbox one/ PC it's already 2015, by the time that they make and advertise any potential new single player DLC it's probably going to be towards the middle of 2015.

Why bother keeping up support for the PS3 and 360 version now, when they are going to be obsolete literally within a few months? Within a few years the next generation version is going to be the only one actually cared about or played when people are waiting on GTA VI or the next GTA game. They should make sure that GTA online and the GTA V story DLC and the core gameplay of GTA V is as good as possible on the next generation consoles.

So what you're actually saying is R* should stop support for last gen in 2016? That's a lot more reasonable than the OP.

2016 is coming soon man. By the time the re release is fully out on the PS4/Xbox one/ PC it's already 2015, by the time that they make and advertise any potential new single player DLC it's probably going to be towards the middle of 2015.

Why bother keeping up support for the PS3 and 360 version now, when they are going to be obsolete literally within a few months? Within a few years the next generation version is going to be the only one actually cared about or played when people are waiting on GTA VI or the next GTA game. They should make sure that GTA online and the GTA V story DLC and the core gameplay of GTA V is as good as possible on the next generation consoles.

And Single Player DLC could very well be the last send off for the game. Which could be out by Mid-2015, and you know what Rockstar will do after that, apart from supporting GTAOnline still, they will focus on their next game! They have a load of projects in the works so naturally, these will be PS4/XBO/PC only and will be starting to appear within the year, as for a GTA title, yes, we'll wait, we've always waited for a GTA title, tough sh*t.

MonsterCockDude

Dude, seriously, it's like you don't even know the tech behind this, please do some research into how the game works, just because they cut off last gen doesn't mean the PS4/XBO/PC versions will suddenly get super amazing and better, the groundwork is already laid out for DLC, and quite honestly, it would be too late now anyway to put this crazy idea of yours into motion, what, do you think they just whip this stuff up two days before releasing it?

Not if they planned the DLC version to only be on the next generation version from the start. Which is why I'm saying that R* should cut the support for the PS3 and 360 version.

Maybe heists haven't been released yet, because R* released that the PS3 and 360 version of the game wouldn't be able to run them as well as they want, or wouldn't be able to bring the experience they wanted, so instead of announcing they weren't going to come out on the PS3 and 360 version and pissing people off when the re release wasn't even announced yet, they kept delaying it until one day when the new versions come out it eventually is exclusive to the PS4/Xboxone/ PC version.

And Single Player DLC could very well be the last send off for the game. Which could be out by Mid-2015, and you know what Rockstar will do after that, apart from supporting GTAOnline still, they will focus on their next game! They have a load of projects in the works so naturally, these will be PS4/XBO/PC only and will be starting to appear within the year, as for a GTA title, yes, we'll wait, we've always waited for a GTA title, tough sh*t.

Exactly my point, mid 2015 is close enough to 2016 to warrant not wanting to release it for the old consoles. By mid 2015 the PS4 and Xbox One will be close to 2 years old, the Xbox 360 will be close to 10 years old the install base for the PS4 and Xbox One will be much larger then it is now, the Xbox 360 will have a lot less players playing it compared to now ( as more people will sell it, more people will have broken ones, and more people will upgrade ) so the DLC should have only been focused and released on the next gen versions.

Even if you say that R* has already planned and made the DLC ( they probably have ) they should have built it with the next generation version in mind, so we could see them use the new hardware and make a game they couldn't make on the older consoles.