2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Should the aircraft service ceiling be raised in GTA Online?

Einsteinbomb

I was thinking with the remastered version of GTA V and GTA Online should allow aircraft to fly higher?

F16_1.jpg

Edited by Einsteinbomb
  • Like 2

I'd give a lot of (pretend) money just for an artificial horizon, compass and speed tape. Any HUD at all would be nice.

The service ceiling is impressive enough IMO. With new-gen's draw distance etc, can't wait to see how the world looks.

Your example is funny - you want a U2, or you want a Lazer with an equivalent ceiling? :D

Edited by Gridl0k

I was thinking with the remastered version of GTA V and GTA Online should allow aircraft to fly higher in order to have more interesting dogfights. Also, an altimeter would be nice to know your altitude over the ocean when visibility is limited.

F16_1.jpg

Horrible picture for what your thread is about..... because you CAN fly that high in GTA V right now.

• Like 1

I'd give a lot of (pretend) money just for an artificial horizon, compass and speed tape. Any HUD at all would be nice.

The service ceiling is impressive enough IMO. With new-gen's draw distance etc, can't wait to see how the world looks.

Your example is funny - you want a U2, or you want a Lazer with an equivalent ceiling? :D

The Lazer is suppose to be an F-16 so it should have a service ceiling of about 50,000 ft. but currently in GTA Online the service ceiling is limited to 12,800 ft. I'm not advocating turning this game into NASA; I would rather just have the ability to fly higher to make dogfights more interesting.

It'd be cool to have an even higher ceiling than the one right now.

It would make skydiving even better.

• Like 3

It'd be cool to have an even higher ceiling than the one right now.

It would make skydiving even better.

This.

Not A Nice Person

35,000 feet tbh, Just to make commercial flying with friends more realistic.

Skydiving and nosediving with a Lazer/Besra would be better too.

Edited by Yura'ndGames

I was thinking with the remastered version of GTA V and GTA Online should allow aircraft to fly higher in order to have more interesting dogfights. Also, an altimeter would be nice to know your altitude over the ocean when visibility is limited.

F16_1.jpg

Horrible picture for what your thread is about..... because you CAN fly that high in GTA V right now.

The current service ceiling in GTA Online is 12,800 ft. and this is a F-16 at cruising altitude at around 30-40,000 ft., so no we cannot fly this high right now.

Edited by Einsteinbomb

The current service ceiling in GTA Online is 12,800 ft. and this is a F-16 at cruising altitude at around 30-40,000 ft., so no we cannot fly this high right now.

1) So my last post makes sense, the OP has changed the picture from a U2 to F16

2) Out of interest, how do you know this? Coding, or something R* said, or stacking containers in Creator for a few days? :D

In which way would it make dogfighting more interesting?!?! if you like to dogfight without any obstacles just fly at half the maximum altitude, their you'll have the same free space around you, as you'd have at 3 times the maximum height? Unless your suggesting the air should actually physically get thinner and change flight physics with height, but i doubt that'll happen.

And IMO dogfighting in mid air is pretty boring, atleast for a skilled pilot. Try going low and dogfight, i mean nearly scratching the ground. It'll be much more intense than it could be in 10000m height. You have to watch your enemy and your surroundings, you can't just assume there is space to fly anywhere, and you have to keep in mind turning radius and time to pull up to not crash you lazer into something. I always try to lead possible attackers into more challenging air, because if they want to shoot you they'll follow you, and then you'll see if they're really practised behind the stick or just a griefer in a jet, crashing into the next building/canyon/bridge you fly by.

Here some great locations to try out:

Raton Canyon

LS River with Bridges

LS Port Area

and: Downtown Los Santos

(a lot of people crash into buildings overestimating their turn radius)

And you can also use the enviroment to your Advantage like leading missiles into things instead of roll/loop to evade.

(but skilled pilots don't use many missiles anyway)

IMO your argument of Interesting dogfights is totally unlogic. You can have Mid-Air Dogfights right now, just fly at a height were nothing else is. Most intense flying is near the ground.

Edited by Dragon-X

F16_1.jpg

Horrible picture for what your thread is about..... because you CAN fly that high in GTA V right now.He had a better picture up earlier. It was from ingame.

Well assuming they have gravity correct, just jump out and time it until you hit the ground. Then you'll know how high the game goes.

give us spacesuits.... it should get so high it gets dark and you start to see stars...

im talkin about hitting the bong btw

• Like 3

In which way would it make dogfighting more interesting?!?! if you like to dogfight without any obstacles just fly at half the maximum altitude, their you'll have the same free space around you, as you'd have at 3 times the maximum height? Unless your suggesting the air should actually physically get thinner and change flight physics with height, but i doubt that'll happen.

And IMO dogfighting in mid air is pretty boring, atleast for a skilled pilot. Try going low and dogfight, i mean nearly scratching the ground. It'll be much more intense than it could be in 10000m height. You have to watch your enemy and your surroundings, you can't just assume there is space to fly anywhere, and you have to keep in mind turning radius and time to pull up to not crash you lazer into something. I always try to lead possible attackers into more challenging air, because if they want to shoot you they'll follow you, and then you'll see if they're really practised behind the stick or just a griefer in a jet, crashing into the next building/canyon/bridge you fly by.

Here some great locations to try out:

Raton Canyon

LS River with Bridges

LS Port Area

and: Downtown Los Santos

(a lot of people crash into buildings overestimating their turn radius)

And you can also use the enviroment to your Advantage like leading missiles into things instead of roll/loop to evade.

(but skilled pilots don't use many missiles anyway)

IMO your argument of Interesting dogfights is totally unlogic. You can have Mid-Air Dogfights right now, just fly at a height were nothing else is. Most intense flying is near the ground.

2553099-1235075815-11.jp.jpg

1) So my last post makes sense, the OP has changed the picture from a U2 to F16

2) Out of interest, how do you know this? Coding, or something R* said, or stacking containers in Creator for a few days? :D

http://gta.wikia.com/Ceiling_Height_Limit

Edited by Einsteinbomb