2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

GTA IV and Sony Vegas

Bizkit1337

Good day to all members of this community.

Even though it may look like that I'm a new member of this forum, that's not the case. Been visiting the site lots of times but I didn't really wanted to make an account until today.

Basically, after watching lots of GTA walkthroughs, it inspired me to make my own Youtube channel.
Finished making walkthrough of III, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories. But then I stumbled upon this hard nut (GTA IV) which is bothering me for days.

I can run the game at 55 - 60 fps on these settings:

LDkx.png

I've been trying to use Fraps at 60 fps, Bandicam at 120 fps, Dxtory at 120 fps, it looked really great "on the drawing board".

Then comes the problem of rendering the videos. I've tried rendering (Sony Vegas Pro 11) at 30 fps, but the videos are incredibly choppy and stutter-ish.

My question is: Has anyone had experience with IV and Sony Vegas? How can I make it look silky smooth on Youtube, without constant stutters caused by 30 fps render?

Many thanks in advance. I'll gladly accept any suggestions you give.

P.S: I'm not really sure if this is the right board or forum to ask this question, but please bear with me.

Firstly turn VSync off. Go see if that did something.

If that didn't help then try to record at 30 fps. And then of course render it at 30 fps :D

If that did not work either then maybe try to render the video at 1280x720 @30fps.

If that didn't help then try to record at 30 fps. And then of course render it at 30 fps :D

If that did not work either then maybe try to render the video at 1280x720 @30fps.

Many thanks for replying. I turned VSync off and to my surprise, recording with Fraps @30fps lock didn't slow down the game too much. I also rendered the test video in 720p @30fps, and it didn't stutter at all. I guess VSync can sometimes really be a "game changer".

Again, many thanks for replying.

I'll report back if any new problem occurs.

I have a similar problem, but my issue is with fraps by itself. I don't know why, but the audio will desync according with the longer I record a video. It gets a noice sincronization at the start of the video, but if I record more than 3~5mins, it'll sound terrible because the audio will start to get delayed (0.5 sec, then 2 secs).

I've made a gameplay video, it's a little hard to see this effect on the video cuz I chopped the audio manually and I've tried to sync the audio with the video manually using WMM, but if you watch some parts of the video, you'll notice some rips on the soundtrack, these are the parts of the video I've chopped off and moved to make a rough sync

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nbZ70u5TdNM

(It's blocked for some countries cuz I didn't give a single f*ck about copyrights and I let the radio playing the musics and I got this copyright bullsh*t, even my YT acc not being monetized)

I've ripped the audio trying to make a syncronization at:

- 6:33

- ~10:30 During the shootout to the rip not get too much noticed

- 13:45 We can clearly hear that the audio has been ripped to sync the audio with video

- 16:27 I don't know what kind of black sorcery I've done here to the rip not get noticed on the soundtrack

- 19:50 We can notice another rip on the audio because it was very much desynced

I don't know what's the problem when I'm recording, but I think it has something to do with GTA IV because I've recorded 2 hours of DMC 3 SE (Bloody palace) and the audio is perfectly syncronized. Can someone give me a light on how to solve this problem? :S

OBS: I play GTA IV with Vsync and Clip bullsh*t deactivated.

Edited by fefenc

Sasuke Uzumaki

I feel your pain. I'm using SVP 11, and rendering or even trying to fix audio over 2 minutes is an absolute nightmare for me.

does this happens with you only when recording GTA IV or this happens with every game you record for a long time?

Sasuke Uzumaki

This happens with every thing I record. Whether it's just recording the screen for a simple quality test, or making an actual video, it's just ridiculous. And when my video is done rendering, it doesn't even come out in 720p! 30+ minutes of rendering with no payoff.

Maybe your video editor doesn't support 720p/1080p WMM doesn't supports 1080p res, but I've found some files that allows it to save the video as 1080p

Many thanks for replying. I turned VSync off and to my surprise, recording with Fraps @30fps lock didn't slow down the game too much. I also rendered the test video in 720p @30fps, and it didn't stutter at all. I guess VSync can sometimes really be a "game changer".

Again, many thanks for replying.

I'll report back if any new problem occurs.

No problem ! Glad I could help :D That's kinda why I made this account.. I've been on this forum for over 4 years now but I never bothered to make an account xD